Star Wars Movie Posters - LEGO-fied!

Discuss various LEGO themes like Friends, City, Star Wars, Batman and more here.
Toys N Bricks
Administrator
Administrator

Star Wars Movie Posters - LEGO-fied!

Post by Toys N Bricks » Fri Apr 10, 2015 12:56 pm

Just in time for the digital release of the Star Wars saga, available tomorrow for the first time ever, LEGO has LEGO-fied the posters for all six installments! These will be made available during two give-aways - they will be handed out next week at Star Wars Celebration.

Additionally, the poster for "Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope" will be given out at LEGO Stores and LEGO Shop@Home during the "May the Fourth" promotion. Much like the LEGO Movie poster give-aways, additional installments will be made available in subsequent months.

Article Link: http://toysnbricks.com/star-wars-movie- ... lego-fied/
Toys N Bricks
A LEGO Fan Community. Like us on FaceBook and follow us on Twitter!

mattlee1965
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Re: Star Wars Movie Posters - LEGO-fied!

Post by mattlee1965 » Fri Apr 10, 2015 8:27 pm

These posters are amazing. I don't know which one is my favorite. The episode 5 poster is awesome but episode 1, 2, and 3 are great.

UnicornIRL
Peasant
Peasant

Post by UnicornIRL » Sat Apr 11, 2015 11:12 am

Are there any details as to whether the shop@home promo will allow people to pick a poster, or will it be random?

vynsane
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator

Post by vynsane » Sat Apr 11, 2015 1:29 pm

No definitive answer to that question, but the way it's worded makes me think it will be a specific additional poster each month - that's the way they did the LEGO Movie posters (Emmet, WyldStyle, Lord Business and Batman + additional Benny poster w/secret code).
ALL HAIL THE BLACTRON EMPIRE!

Flickr Photostream | Dropbox - LDD files and instruction archive

garyjh22
I'm New !

Post by garyjh22 » Sat Apr 11, 2015 4:16 pm

So, how exactly will you be able to get these? Do you have to order something from LEGO shaop at home? And when will it be?

vynsane
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator

Post by vynsane » Sat Apr 11, 2015 4:25 pm

As the initial post states, the Episode IV poster will be available next week at Celebration (the SW fan con) and will then be a give-away during the "May the Fourth" promo at LEGO Stores and Shop@Home. The other posters will then be made available in subsequent months.

zhewie
I'm New !

Post by zhewie » Sat Apr 11, 2015 6:55 pm

Do the posters in past come folded or are they rolled?

lego the hutt
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by lego the hutt » Sun Apr 12, 2015 1:16 am

zhewie wrote:Do the posters in past come folded or are they rolled?
folded

unduli
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by unduli » Sun Apr 12, 2015 1:46 am

These are great, my little brothers would absolutely love them and plaster them all over their walls. I particularly love the Ep II one. Very fun idea!

vynsane
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator

Post by vynsane » Sun Apr 12, 2015 7:41 am

lego the hutt wrote:
zhewie wrote:Do the posters in past come folded or are they rolled?
folded
Not all the time - the two Iron Man 3 posters that were given away a few years ago where shipped in a flat box, so they were not folded. Most likely the ones that ship from Shop@Home will have to be folded, since they can't be shipped completely flat, but hopefully the copies available at stores will be flat. Not holding out hope, since I'm pretty sure the Avengers and LEGO Movie posters were folded.

I'm also not sure what size these posters will be. The PDF copies I received had "11x17" in the filenames, so I have a feeling that's the size the printed copies will be. The Iron Man 3 posters were bigger than that (I think) but these will match the size of the LEGO Movie posters. In trying to find out info about the sizes, I found this great article at The Brick Blogger which in turn links to an awesome flickr gallery of all LEGO-fied movie posters compared to the originals.

lego the hutt
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by lego the hutt » Sun Apr 12, 2015 9:03 am

That's good to hear that there is chance they could be flat. I've only ever seen them folded (though I don't get to a Lego store very often).

I have even tried to lay them flat and put books on them to even out the creases but it never works. I still have the posters from the UCS R2 and the Sail Barge laying flat on a table but they never flatten out enough for me to frame/hang them.

I'm going to Celebration and I'll have an art tube. You have gotten my hopes up Vynsane that these won't come folded up in a square. If they come flat they will be much more desirable. I don't even want them if they are folded.

lego the hutt
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by lego the hutt » Thu Apr 16, 2015 9:20 pm

It is confirmed they are flat and not folded :up:

There is also a free mini build each day that comes with a very nice printed brick that says celebration 2015,

legohunter
Count
Count

Post by legohunter » Sun Apr 19, 2015 1:37 am

Do we have to make any purchase for these posters? Just walk in and ask for the posters?

lego the hutt
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by lego the hutt » Sun Apr 19, 2015 2:39 am

legohunter wrote:Do we have to make any purchase for these posters? Just walk in and ask for the posters?
AFAIK, according to the listing, only the new hope poster will be given out during the May the fourth promotion. Not sure on specifics. It also says additional installments will come in the coming months so I guess just be patient and eventually we will get more info on the availability of the other, non new hope, posters. My guess is that they will likely be included with a SW purchase during specified dates.

I was able to pick up 2 complete sets at celebration. After Thursday the lines to get these were pretty long. They gave out 2 different posters each day so you had to pick them up 3 days in a row to get all 6.