DC Superheroes Toy Fair Report

Discuss various LEGO themes like Friends, City, Star Wars, Batman and more here.
vynsane
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator

DC Superheroes Toy Fair Report

Post by vynsane » Mon Feb 16, 2015 6:57 am

There were two new DC Superheroes sets on display, but I only managed to get images of the larger of the two, 76035 "Jokerland", which looks adequately hilarious! It's basically a Joker-themed amusement park complete with murderous rides. Featuring eight minifigures, including Starfire and Beast Boy as well as Batman and Robin against the combined forces of The Joker, Harley Quinn, Poison Ivy and The Penguin complete with thematic deathtraps for each villain, this is sure to be a huge hit with DC fans.

76035 Jokerland
Pieces: 1037
Price: $119.99
Minifigures: 8
Release: August 2015

76035 Jokerland by vynsane, on Flickr

ALL HAIL THE BLACTRON EMPIRE!

Flickr Photostream | Dropbox - LDD files and instruction archive

jimmy89
Peasant
Peasant

Re: DC Superheroes Toy Fair Report

Post by jimmy89 » Mon Feb 16, 2015 8:01 am

i love DC superheroes edition

craan
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by craan » Mon Feb 16, 2015 10:07 am

Looks sweet! When is the release of this?

legohunter
Count
Count

Post by legohunter » Mon Feb 16, 2015 10:50 am

I am surprised with the release of this jokerland. It goes very well with the 6857 funhouse escape. 8 minifigs included in this set is more than I would expect. The only downside is that the batmobile is similar to the one in 6864 two-face set. This set definitely jumps to the top of my shopping list.
Last edited by legohunter on Mon Feb 16, 2015 10:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

jmeninno
Knight
Knight

Post by jmeninno » Mon Feb 16, 2015 10:54 am

While I'm excited about new Batman sets, I'm disappointed in the re-use of Poison Ivy, Penguin, Joker, Harley...I'm happy about Deathstroke in the Batboat set, but a Killer Croc bigfig would have been nice with that set. And what about other characters from the most recent Lego Batman game, like Firefly and Solomon Grundy? Or Clayface, Alfred, Commissioner Gordon? I guess only time will tell...

zmw92
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by zmw92 » Mon Feb 16, 2015 11:51 am

I think that there should be different villains than in Arkham Asylum. It would've been nice to have a chance to pick up Two Face, for sure we need Raven now as she's the only Titan missing. Also I'd love to see a few change up batman rogues. Maybe redhood, black mask, killer croc, raz al ghul. Overall though I'm ecstatic over these sets

vynsane
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator

Post by vynsane » Mon Feb 16, 2015 12:08 pm

craan wrote:Looks sweet! When is the release of this?
Good question, sorry for the omission - this set is slated for release in August.

anakinisvader
Knight
Knight

Post by anakinisvader » Mon Feb 16, 2015 8:46 pm

Please don't let Jokerland be a TRU exclusive.
Why do we drive on a parkway and park on a driveway?

vynsane
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator

Post by vynsane » Mon Feb 16, 2015 10:04 pm

Exclusives generally aren't displayed at Toy Fair, as the main purpose is for retail buyers to see the products that are available from the manufacturers. If a retailer already has an exclusive it won't be shown.

mattlee1965
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by mattlee1965 » Mon Feb 16, 2015 10:18 pm

I am giving the set a 8/10. The set is designed beautifully. I love the duck ferris wheel and the motor bike on the tight wire. I love Beastboy very cool. However, I just can't get over the price of the set. $120 for 1000 pieces plus the figures are the same we have had before. Poison ivy, joker, batman, robin, harley, and penguin. Only 2 new figs. It isn't like there are pieces in this set that are brand new or some kind of major giant figure like the Smaug dragon in the lonely mountain set. I think they should have made Wayne Manor instead. They could have put Alfred (which they have not made for batman series 2 :problem: ).

And included some new figs like a Selena kyle, gordon, and some villains that are less oriented to a specific bat set like joker to jokerland.

condor
Knight
Knight

Post by condor » Tue Feb 17, 2015 11:34 am

legohunter wrote:I am surprised with the release of this jokerland. It goes very well with the 6857 funhouse escape. 8 minifigs included in this set is more than I would expect. The only downside is that the batmobile is similar to the one in 6864 two-face set. This set definitely jumps to the top of my shopping list.
This batmobile looks more like the Tim Burton batmobile than the 6864 one. I like it.

quasicoltd
I'm New !

Post by quasicoltd » Tue Feb 17, 2015 2:01 pm

I guess it's too much to ask that they finally make a Harley minifig that is in a smaller and more affordable set. Also, not sure how I like this cleavage and hotpants version. That look would be great on a real woman, but looks silly on a blocky minigfig.

Brick & Blue
Count
Count

Post by Brick & Blue » Tue Feb 17, 2015 2:47 pm

quasicoltd wrote:I guess it's too much to ask that they finally make a Harley minifig that is in a smaller and more affordable set. Also, not sure how I like this cleavage and hotpants version. That look would be great on a real woman, but looks silly on a blocky minigfig.
She was in a $30 set many years ago when it was just LEGO Batman and not LEGO Batman with Marvel Super Heroes. :-D

zmw92
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by zmw92 » Thu Feb 19, 2015 12:34 am

Brick & Blue wrote:
quasicoltd wrote:I guess it's too much to ask that they finally make a Harley minifig that is in a smaller and more affordable set. Also, not sure how I like this cleavage and hotpants version. That look would be great on a real woman, but looks silly on a blocky minigfig.
She was in a $30 set many years ago when it was just LEGO Batman and not LEGO Batman with Marvel Super Heroes. :-D
She was in Dynamic Duo Funhouse Escape I believe, that set was $50 right?
mattlee1965 wrote:I am giving the set a 8/10. The set is designed beautifully. I love the duck ferris wheel and the motor bike on the tight wire. I love Beastboy very cool. However, I just can't get over the price of the set. $120 for 1000 pieces plus the figures are the same we have had before. Poison ivy, joker, batman, robin, harley, and penguin. Only 2 new figs. It isn't like there are pieces in this set that are brand new or some kind of major giant figure like the Smaug dragon in the lonely mountain set. I think they should have made Wayne Manor instead. They could have put Alfred (which they have not made for batman series 2 :problem: ).

And included some new figs like a Selena kyle, gordon, and some villains that are less oriented to a specific bat set like joker to jokerland.
Yessss

Brick & Blue
Count
Count

Post by Brick & Blue » Thu Feb 19, 2015 1:08 pm

zmw92 wrote: She was in Dynamic Duo Funhouse Escape I believe, that set was $50 right?
She was, but I was thinking LEGO Batman and not LEGO DC Super Hero line...

http://brickset.com/sets/7886-1/The-Bat ... mmer-Truck

Thankfully Brickset made searching for mini figures easier.

BrickGarurumon
Knight
Knight

Post by BrickGarurumon » Sat Feb 21, 2015 8:08 am

Beast Boy & Starfire! YAY!

StClair
Count
Count

Post by StClair » Sat Feb 21, 2015 2:33 pm

BrickGarurumon wrote:Beast Boy & Starfire! YAY!
I agree the best thing about the set is Starfire and Beastboy. I was super excited about the set at first but the more that I read (of other's comments) and consider their points (repeats of minifigs and piece count compared to price) the more and more disappointed I become. I understand creating new minifigs or even variants increases cost but I would much rather they have left out some of the repeated minifigs and lowered the price... It looks fun but its essentially 6857 Dynamic Duo Funhouse Escape repeated... with a Batmobile and nearly twice as many figures. I bet half of the pieces in the piece count are used to build the Batmobile. It would have been a great expansion for the Dynamic Duo Funhouse if they hadn't included 4 of the same minifigures. Anyone wanting to do so would be paying for an additional Batman (I know difficult to avoid in a Batman set), robin, Joker and Harley Quinn (I know she and several others are variants/newer versions). They could have thrown in a Crazy Quilt minifig, Ventriloquist, Clayface (that would be great), ClockKing or Gentleman Ghost. But as I already stated I would have preferred they simply left out some of these repeated minifigures and dropped the price a bit. Will I buy it? If I can get it at a discount maybe. Or I may just purchase Beastboy and Starfire from bricklink.