2015 DC LEGO Super Heroes Pictures 76028 76027 76026 76025

Discuss various LEGO themes like Friends, City, Star Wars, Batman and more here.
Toys N Bricks
Administrator
Administrator

2015 DC LEGO Super Heroes Pictures 76028 76027 76026 76025

Post by Toys N Bricks » Mon Sep 29, 2014 12:09 pm

We've seen images for 76025 Green Lantern vs Sinestro several times already, but official product images for the other three DC LEGO Super Heroes sets are now here! The sets should be available in January 2015. Thanks to just2good for the images.

76025 LEGO Green Lantern vs. Sinestro
76026 LEGO Gorilla Grodd Goes Bananas
76027 LEGO Black Manta Deep Sea Strike
76028 LEGO Darkseid Invasion

Article Link: http://toysnbricks.com/2015-dc-lego-sup ... 026-76025/
Toys N Bricks
A LEGO Fan Community. Like us on FaceBook and follow us on Twitter!

lordoflego
Knight
Knight

Re: 2015 DC LEGO Super Heroes Pictures 76028 76027 76026 760

Post by lordoflego » Mon Sep 29, 2014 6:32 pm

Those are pretty cool, they all have something interesting that I like.
VENI VIDI VICI

stevebuscemi
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by stevebuscemi » Mon Sep 29, 2014 11:24 pm

LEGO: only making vehicle sets since 2012.

I think those bigger figures are stupid. I'm okay with the hulk figure, but now they are doing it with a lot of sets to justify a larger pricetag. Like 76016/Green Goblin, what a rip off at $45 for that set, even at $30 it's a rip off. If I want larger figures I'll go buy Playmobil or another action figure. LEGO figs are interesting because of the small size and detail.

zmw92
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by zmw92 » Tue Sep 30, 2014 3:31 am

Hmm, I like the bigfigs. However Im disappointed in some costumes. Aquaman looks to have the same as before along with WW, Flash, and I can only assume MM. Green Arrow has no hood?? & I definitely was hoping for some scenery. Maybe a Daily Planet or something. Batmans mech is incredibly un-batman. I can only imagine Grodd & Cold could hatch a better plan than stealing bananas... WW jet is lackluster to say the least. Definitely some interesting vehicle choices... overall Im pleased and grateful for the host of new figures. Just not the 10/10 I was hoping for

vynsane
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator

Post by vynsane » Tue Sep 30, 2014 4:24 am

stevebuscemi wrote:LEGO: only making vehicle sets since 2012.

I think those bigger figures are stupid. I'm okay with the hulk figure, but now they are doing it with a lot of sets to justify a larger pricetag. Like 76016/Green Goblin, what a rip off at $45 for that set, even at $30 it's a rip off. If I want larger figures I'll go buy Playmobil or another action figure. LEGO figs are interesting because of the small size and detail.
But it's not like the BigFigs aren't warranted here. Darkseid and Gorilla Grodd haves always been larger than other characters. If you've seen the Ultimate Spider-man cartoon, you'd see it makes sense for Green Goblin as well, since that's the property the sets are based on. I don't think it's just money-grubbing. If that were the case, I think we'd see a lot more of them.
ALL HAIL THE BLACTRON EMPIRE!

Flickr Photostream | Dropbox - LDD files and instruction archive

dulait
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by dulait » Tue Sep 30, 2014 4:45 am

stevebuscemi wrote:I think those bigger figures are stupid. I'm okay with the hulk figure, but now they are doing it with a lot of sets to justify a larger pricetag. Like 76016/Green Goblin, what a rip off at $45 for that set, even at $30 it's a rip off. If I want larger figures I'll go buy Playmobil or another action figure. LEGO figs are interesting because of the small size and detail.
Agree.
zmw92 wrote:Hmm, I like the bigfigs. However Im disappointed in some costumes. Aquaman looks to have the same as before along with WW, Flash, and I can only assume MM. Green Arrow has no hood?? & I definitely was hoping for some scenery. Maybe a Daily Planet or something. Batmans mech is incredibly un-batman. I can only imagine Grodd & Cold could hatch a better plan than stealing bananas... WW jet is lackluster to say the least. Definitely some interesting vehicle choices... overall Im pleased and grateful for the host of new figures. Just not the 10/10 I was hoping for
Aquaman and Flash is the exact same ones they were in the sets they originally came in. Green Arrow and WW are in their 52 costumes as mentioned elsewhere. Lack of buildings kind of suck, but vehicles towards the kids drive sales. Some of us complain about too many bat moblie, boat rehashes, so they give us a mech this time. The design kind of suck, but better then yet another batmoblie. If you follow the comic or tv series, Grodd did not start off robbing banks or want to rule the world. And I can assume there will be a Grodd 2.0 with a new paint job not stealing bananas. Figures drives sale, Lego knows that, and figures I will give it a 7/10 because of the repeats, and more batmen. Build wise, too soon to tell if they are fun till I get my hands on them.

Mantisking
Top Forum Contributor
Top Forum Contributor

Post by Mantisking » Tue Sep 30, 2014 7:06 am

I may have to get the Gorilla Grodd set, because Gorilla Grodd. Wonder Woman's Invisible Jet in that set is a little weird looking. I haven't been keeping up with the Nu52, is that what it currently looks like?

byobu
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by byobu » Tue Sep 30, 2014 6:48 pm

Yeah I have to say the invisible jet is disappointing; it looks like the front part is missing :sad:

The minifigures don't interest me much as you can already get Wonder Woman, Aquaman and Flash from another set.

byobu
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by byobu » Tue Sep 30, 2014 7:51 pm

byobu wrote:Yeah I have to say the invisible jet is disappointing; it looks like the front part is missing :sad:

The minifigures don't interest me much as you can already get Wonder Woman, Aquaman and Flash from another set.
I meant "other sets from the past years."

The only one I am interested in is the Hawkman.

zmw92
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by zmw92 » Wed Oct 01, 2014 3:11 am

dulait wrote:
stevebuscemi wrote:I think those bigger figures are stupid. I'm okay with the hulk figure, but now they are doing it with a lot of sets to justify a larger pricetag. Like 76016/Green Goblin, what a rip off at $45 for that set, even at $30 it's a rip off. If I want larger figures I'll go buy Playmobil or another action figure. LEGO figs are interesting because of the small size and detail.
Agree.
zmw92 wrote:Hmm, I like the bigfigs. However Im disappointed in some costumes. Aquaman looks to have the same as before along with WW, Flash, and I can only assume MM. Green Arrow has no hood?? & I definitely was hoping for some scenery. Maybe a Daily Planet or something. Batmans mech is incredibly un-batman. I can only imagine Grodd & Cold could hatch a better plan than stealing bananas... WW jet is lackluster to say the least. Definitely some interesting vehicle choices... overall Im pleased and grateful for the host of new figures. Just not the 10/10 I was hoping for
Aquaman and Flash is the exact same ones they were in the sets they originally came in. Green Arrow and WW are in their 52 costumes as mentioned elsewhere. Lack of buildings kind of suck, but vehicles towards the kids drive sales. Some of us complain about too many bat moblie, boat rehashes, so they give us a mech this time. The design kind of suck, but better then yet another batmoblie. If you follow the comic or tv series, Grodd did not start off robbing banks or want to rule the world. And I can assume there will be a Grodd 2.0 with a new paint job not stealing bananas. Figures drives sale, Lego knows that, and figures I will give it a 7/10 because of the repeats, and more batmen. Build wise, too soon to tell if they are fun till I get my hands on them.
Good points. Ive not kept up on New 52 so I was unaware WW & GA were in their respective costumes. Ive been re-thinking the bigfigs & Im starting to disagree with them. Ive got Bane the same size as Batman and thats fine. Now Bane will look funny as Grodd and Darkseid tower over him.... regardless Im gonna buy all of these sets and swoosh em up. I get that vehicles drive sales, but dang nature! You cant tell me the Batcave, Arkham Asylum, Funhouse Escape... etc arent insanely popular. Daily Planet hands down would be a great set with Man of Steel & Lego Batman 3. Maybe Brainiac attacks will have one! *knock on wood*

Superherojer
Citizen
Citizen

Post by Superherojer » Wed Oct 01, 2014 4:25 am

Great designs on the new sets. Yes, these sets are made to sell the new minifigs, but so what, D.C. is awesome. Yes, the figures are made big to drive sales and because kids love the bigger monsterous size. They pose more of a threat in play if they're superior in size and strenghth. Also, they're based off the design of the upcoming Lego Batman 3: Beyond Gotham video game, so you can be mad at the game creators. Just be happy D.C. is expanding their lineup like Marvel, otherwise they'd be far behind (and like Star Wars- rehashed versions of the sane sets every couple years). Any ideas of what the jet is supposed to be that Green Arrow is flying? And hopefully their mid-2015 release will include a new Batcave/Wayne Manor.

Blackorange
Peasant
Peasant

Post by Blackorange » Wed Oct 01, 2014 4:40 am

OMG, Sharks with missiles! That's just awesome. That trans red cockpit canopy is a joy to behold. Gotta get me some of those.
Overall, I'm not terribly impressed with these sets. The Tuktuk truck and banana vendor is an odd addition and kind of tells us where Lego are aiming the sets. It's all a bit cutesy cartoony which isn't a bad thing because DC superheroes have always been a bit more cartoony than Marvel's line up. And Lego is inherently a cartoon of whatever it's based on. Minifigures have the proportions of a child, accessories are oversized, it's all very bright colours and there's no rigid sense of scale. Anyone expecting a serious depiction of the source material needs to have a talk with themselves really.
That said, Black Manta deep sea strike seems the best of the bunch to me followed by Darkseid invasion. I like the vehicle in the green lantern set and agree that the batmech seems very un-batman and Wonder Woman's jet is awful. I have no problem at all with bigfigs but lego need to give the legs articulation like regular minifig legs. Or work out some sort of simple ball joint waist connection to allow for more posing possibilities. The immobility of those things is very irritating. :ugeek:

vynsane
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator

Post by vynsane » Wed Oct 01, 2014 6:27 am

In Batman: The Brave and the Bold the Batmobile transforms into a BatMech. And that set in particular definitely has the same qualities as an episode of B:TBatB. Gorilla Grodd even featured in a few episodes.

I'm surprised at how similar the plane in the Green Lantern set is to the one from 6868 "Hulk's Helicarrier Breakout" - it's almost exactly the same except for the colors!
ALL HAIL THE BLACTRON EMPIRE!

Flickr Photostream | Dropbox - LDD files and instruction archive

hatcher
Count
Count
Location: Barrie, Ontario, Canada (aka The Great White North)

Post by hatcher » Wed Oct 01, 2014 6:47 am

These look ok. Not as familiar with some of these guys as I am more a Marvel guy. Never heard of Captain Cold for example. Wasn't there supposed to be a Brianiac set too?
Who is General Failure and why is he reading my hard disk?

zmw92
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by zmw92 » Thu Oct 02, 2014 3:04 am

hatcher wrote:These look ok. Not as familiar with some of these guys as I am more a Marvel guy. Never heard of Captain Cold for example. Wasn't there supposed to be a Brianiac set too?
The Brainiac Attacks set has yet to have photos released. Captain Cold is more or less Flash' Mr. Freeze

dr_spock
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by dr_spock » Thu Oct 02, 2014 11:30 pm

Wonder Woman's plane looks weird. Are there pics of what the Nu 52 reboot plane looks like? Does she still have a plane or is it own by someone else?

zmw92
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by zmw92 » Fri Oct 03, 2014 2:16 am

dr_spock wrote:Wonder Woman's plane looks weird. Are there pics of what the Nu 52 reboot plane looks like? Does she still have a plane or is it own by someone else?
In New 52 reboot, Wonder Woman doesnt appear to own a plane at all. The "Invisible Jet" was re-written to be created by Steve Trevors & Amanda Waller or A.R.G.U.S. ,the former also being a JLA member, as the primary means of transportation for the Justice League of America. So similar to what I believe Marvel calls a "Quinjet?" Regardless, this jet appears as the large one & that leaves me with no clue as to what the smaller het WW is in?

CLMF Bricks
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by CLMF Bricks » Mon Nov 17, 2014 2:48 pm

I really like the ship in the Darkseid set, also I think that this wave is mostly about the minifigures, I'll be picking up most of the sets minus the Black Manta one.

StClair
Count
Count

Post by StClair » Tue Nov 18, 2014 8:17 am

I'm echoing what most of you have already said... Bigfigs should have more joints. Really if they are going to create a mold and use it this many times.. if people are willing to pay $20 and more for them on the secondary market it would be nice to have a few joints (other than just the arms). Take for instance the dragons that have been used over and over with different paint designs. They have detachable arms, arms, legs and tail. If they made a larger figure like this they could reuse parts (torso or legs or both) but occasionally create a new head shape.. or arms and so on. The figure would have much more play value and they would be reusing some of the parts. Plus consumers could swap out arms and legs and so on. After seeing that Hulk could only move his arms I almost didn't keep one for my collection (but decided that I had to have him because its the Hulk).

I agree with what someone else said... at least we are getting these figures. Its nice to see the DC line grow (with less batman variations).

I'll definitely be purchasing the Brainiac Attack 76040 set (Supergirl, Superman, Martian Manhunter, and Brainiac). Somewhere I saw the price listed as $25 (US)? That's not bad. I'm not sure if I'll purchase other sets or not. I may just buy a few figures on Ebay. The Black Manta has nice looking ships. I was very excited about the WW jet but after seeing it I'm very disappointed. I would have preferred a much larger jet with NO bat mech. Vysane is right about the mech. Batman uses them occasionally in some of the cartoons. I'm just not excited about the appearance of the mech. Maybe I'll like it more when we get closer looks. With the disappointment of the jet and Gorilla Grodd I may just pass on the set and purchase Captain Cold on ebay.

I do like the Darkseid set (I'm not going to complain about the mold for Darkseid... not going to do it.. bite lip). The ship looks pretty good and it has Cyborg, Green Arrow and Hawkman. I'll probably have to get all 3 of those.

I too much prefer buildings or scenery over so many vehicles. I am reminded of the the complaint of many in regards to Hobbit and LOTR sets though... builds are too small and only portions of the buildings (to make them more affordable). Unfortunately they can't please 100% of us all the time. Given a choice though I prefer even small facades of buildings or scenery.

Finally new Justice League members plus affordable versions of Green Lantern and Martian Manhunter :-D

CLMF Bricks
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by CLMF Bricks » Tue Nov 18, 2014 6:03 pm

Anyone know the prices for the Gorilla Grodd, Black Manta, and Darkseid sets?