#71007 LEGO Series 12 Collectable Minifigures

Discuss various LEGO themes like Friends, City, Star Wars, Batman and more here.
Toys N Bricks
Administrator
Administrator

#71007 LEGO Series 12 Collectable Minifigures

Post by Toys N Bricks » Sun Jul 27, 2014 7:25 pm

Custard13 from the United Kingdom sent in a picture of the upcoming LEGO Minfigures Series 12. This was shown in the new Argos Autumn/Winter 2014 Catalogue.

Their online site at Argos.co.uk has a better image of the new collectible minifigures. They're listed as LEGO Series 12 Collectable Minifigures, but they should be 71007 Series 12.You can reserve now for £2.49 each. Don't forget that you can currently get a £10 online voucher for spending £100 or a £5 online voucher for spending £50.

Article Link: http://toysnbricks.com/71007-lego-serie ... nifigures/
Toys N Bricks
A LEGO Fan Community. Like us on FaceBook and follow us on Twitter!

Blackorange
Peasant
Peasant

Re: #71007 LEGO Series 12 Collectable Minifigures

Post by Blackorange » Mon Jul 28, 2014 5:06 am

Going on the low quality pictures revealed so far it looks like a good mix of characters. It would be easy to say it's a little too heavily stacked on the side of the medieval characters but as this is a game based series I think that's forgiveable.
Weakest looking of the bunch to me are the dino tracker and pizza delivery guy. There's not a lot you can do to jazz up a pizza guy though. The dino tracker seems a little too masculine. And I mean no offense to any masculine looking ladies here. I simply mean that there's an eastern european female weightlifter look to this one minifig. I'm sure that's not what Lego were going for at all. It's perhaps in the posing of the CG model? :eh:

The spooky girl stands out as really quite odd. Unsettlingly odd in the vibrant line-up of figures. She reminds me of a character from a Japanese horror movie more than Wednesday Addams from the Addams family. Like I say, unsettlingly odd, but in a good way.

The swashbuckler looks like a character from a commercial for disposable kitchen tissues that airs here in the UK. 'Juan Sheet', because all it it takes is one sheet. Lol, that's unfortunate because while I love the Errol Flynn vibe of the minifigure, he'll forever be Juan Sheet to me.

It's lovely to see more arm printing and hat/hair combined molds. As someone who had the very first minifigures way back in the 1970's it always bothered me that it was either hat or hair. That so many minifigures appeared to be bald. I drew hair on an awful lot of my original minifigures so it fills my heart with deep joy that Lego finally figured out a way to cure baldness in the Lego multiverse. :up:

All in all, a great looking bunch of figs with enough going on to offer something to most people.

Mantisking
Top Forum Contributor
Top Forum Contributor

Post by Mantisking » Mon Jul 28, 2014 6:40 am

This may be the set that pulls me back in. The Mongol, Space Miner, and Battle Goddess are my current favorites.

Athos
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by Athos » Mon Jul 28, 2014 1:39 pm

Wow, they're so expensive you've got to finance them… :shock:

Steve

mattlee1965
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by mattlee1965 » Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:06 pm

I like the majority of the figures are nice. I like the pig suit guy, wizard, greek lady warrior, mongul, and genie lady are all extremely well done. I think!!!!!! However, I am guessing that the price is $3.99 in the US. That is disappointing. I will have to be extra careful now when checking packages. oh well.

Do they come out in America on August 1st? or is it later?

Someone said based on a game? What game is it based on?

StClair
Count
Count

Post by StClair » Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:19 pm

mattlee1965 wrote:I like the majority of the figures are nice. I like the pig suit guy, wizard, greek lady warrior, mongul, and genie lady are all extremely well done. I think!!!!!! However, I am guessing that the price is $3.99 in the US. That is disappointing. I will have to be extra careful now when checking packages. oh well.

Do they come out in America on August 1st? or is it later?

Someone said based on a game? What game is it based on?
I read recently that they are scheduled to be released in October. There is an online LEGO minifigure game called LEGO Minifigures Online. Players can be previously released minifigs in the game. I'm sure these have been added or will be soon. I think that is what is meant by game unless they were just referring to the Battle Goddess being very much like a character one would find in many games.

kbsig106
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by kbsig106 » Tue Jul 29, 2014 4:17 am

A little OT, but 29.9% APR.... Ouch! :crazy:

peanut
Knight
Knight

Post by peanut » Tue Jul 29, 2014 8:59 am

Some of these look nice but if they end up costing 4 bucks a piece I will have to drastically reduce the amount I buy. Since 2010 they have increased the cost by 100%. TLG knows we won't complain as much about the huge markups on smaller purchases but imagine if a new car cost 100% more in 2014 than it did in 2010.

Take the Death Star set as a more relevant example; released in 2008 and still costs the same today in 2014. I love CMF's but I refuse to be shaken down by marketing. :problem:

kibosh
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by kibosh » Tue Jul 29, 2014 9:45 am

It's only a 33% increase, but that's still huge. They've always been $2.99 as far as I know until the Simpsons wave.

vynsane
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator

Post by vynsane » Tue Jul 29, 2014 9:55 am

kibosh wrote:It's only a 33% increase, but that's still huge. They've always been $2.99 as far as I know until the Simpsons wave.
Series 1 and 2 were $1.99 making the increase to $3.99 a 100% increase comparatively.
ALL HAIL THE BLACTRON EMPIRE!

Flickr Photostream | Dropbox - LDD files and instruction archive

Brick & Blue
Count
Count

Post by Brick & Blue » Wed Jul 30, 2014 8:30 pm

vynsane wrote:
kibosh wrote:It's only a 33% increase, but that's still huge. They've always been $2.99 as far as I know until the Simpsons wave.
Series 1 and 2 were $1.99 making the increase to $3.99 a 100% increase comparatively.
But to be fair LEGO made about 5 of each of those sets. I never saw any series 1 and only Borders had series 2 for $4.

But it's really insane. $3 is the perfect price. They are poorly made Chinese plastic mini figures, that most of the special pieces are now in regular sets.

I know I will be waiting for a TRU 2 for $5 sale, and I used to buy 25 of each of the last few series.

mattlee1965
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by mattlee1965 » Wed Jul 30, 2014 8:59 pm

Brick & Blue wrote:
vynsane wrote:
But to be fair LEGO made about 5 of each of those sets. I never saw any series 1 and only Borders had series 2 for $4.

But it's really insane. $3 is the perfect price. They are poorly made Chinese plastic mini figures, that most of the special pieces are now in regular sets.

I know I will be waiting for a TRU 2 for $5 sale, and I used to buy 25 of each of the last few series.
In all honesty even $3 is rather high priced for a minifigure. $2.50 is a fair price. Simply because if you buy a promotional set, lego values them at $5.00 and sometimes the sets come with 2 figures but at least you typically get a bunch of pieces.

The plastic used to make lego pieces is actually high quality. I know it is easier to think of all the pieces that break or go through your lego sets to find a piece that is discolored but the majority of lego pieces I have owned are still good and they don't break unless I use them poorly (such as smashing it with a hammer) :lol: or bend them.

Everyone thought the simpsons figures price was raised because it had a licensing deal but the truth is a licensing deal should not add 33% to the original price.

oh well. inflation is going up unfortunately. everything cost more. Now I sound like my grandparents,"I remember when you could go to the ice cream store and get a sunday for a nickel.

"I remember when you could go to the Lego store and buy a minifgure for $3 sometime in the future it will cost $100. :lol:"

vynsane
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator

Post by vynsane » Thu Jul 31, 2014 6:35 am

In retrospect, $1.99 was a steal. I actually got all the CMFs1 figures for $1.67 each because I had a $10 off $50 coupon. I also collected all of CMFs2 at MSRP, I believe.

The Build-A-Minifigure station at LEGO Stores is $9.99 for three figures + accessories, which basically equates to the $2.99 CMF price. It's reasonable, but at that price I wasn't going in for an entire series. I'll be really surprised and dismayed if CMFs12 is $3.99. I figured the Simpsons price increase was due equally in part to the license as well as the new molds necessary for the heads. $3.99 for a minifigure is too much when you can get a Mixel or LEGO Friends Pet Pouch with a LOT more pieces (most in rare colors) for $1 more.

Older kids can understand value, and parents of younger kids will steer them towards the better value. I had to recently talk my daughter out of buying a $5 keychain, mainly because I could see a whole slew of older ones on 50% off clearance. I also convinced her of the value and usefulness of the Wyldstyle alarm clock at $30 over the Wyldstyle wristwatch at $25. I know I'm not alone in this type of parenting, so I anticipate a lot of people will be convincing their kids to get something other than CMFs in the future.

ncbarrett
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by ncbarrett » Thu Jul 31, 2014 9:50 am

vynsane wrote:... I'll be really surprised and dismayed if CMFs12 is $3.99. I figured the Simpsons price increase was due equally in part to the license as well as the new molds necessary for the heads..
Since Target has a box of series 9 at 3.99. I suspect that was a directive from LEGO, and therefore series 12 will also be 3.99.
I have inoperable cancer and am unable to work. Any gifts would be appreciated. Thank you!

StClair
Count
Count

Post by StClair » Thu Jul 31, 2014 11:11 am

ncbarrett wrote:
vynsane wrote:... I'll be really surprised and dismayed if CMFs12 is $3.99. I figured the Simpsons price increase was due equally in part to the license as well as the new molds necessary for the heads..
Since Target has a box of series 9 at 3.99. I suspect that was a directive from LEGO, and therefore series 12 will also be 3.99.
Simpsons minifigs have been 2.99 at Meijers everytime that I've seen them. That gives me hope.

vynsane
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator

Post by vynsane » Thu Jul 31, 2014 1:00 pm

ncbarrett wrote:Since Target has a box of series 9 at 3.99. I suspect that was a directive from LEGO, and therefore series 12 will also be 3.99.
Hrm. That's too bad, but time will tell. Are we anticipating these showing up September 1?

Legoman83
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by Legoman83 » Fri Aug 01, 2014 10:08 am

Some of these do look pretty sweet! The wizard is awesome!!! I could use some of those lifeguards for my beach moc and some of the piggy guys just because I really like animal suit figures!!!!!!

Brick & Blue
Count
Count

Post by Brick & Blue » Fri Aug 01, 2014 9:45 pm

mattlee1965 wrote:
Brick & Blue wrote: The plastic used to make lego pieces is actually high quality. I know it is easier to think of all the pieces that break or go through your lego sets to find a piece that is discolored but the majority of lego pieces I have owned are still good and they don't break unless I use them poorly (such as smashing it with a hammer) :lol: or bend them.
It's not as high quality as it used to be. Plus CMS are all made in China, it's why they have horrible legs.

SEK527
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by SEK527 » Wed Aug 06, 2014 5:06 am

Unless if I find these on sale my CMF days are over.

slacker
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by slacker » Wed Aug 06, 2014 12:54 pm

Brick & Blue wrote:
mattlee1965 wrote:
Brick & Blue wrote: The plastic used to make lego pieces is actually high quality. I know it is easier to think of all the pieces that break or go through your lego sets to find a piece that is discolored but the majority of lego pieces I have owned are still good and they don't break unless I use them poorly (such as smashing it with a hammer) :lol: or bend them.
It's not as high quality as it used to be. Plus CMS are all made in China, it's why they have horrible legs.
Blame lego for going to crappy vendors. Lego should do a better job controlling the quality of their products made overseas.