2011 LEGO NinjaGo (January)

Discuss various LEGO themes like Friends, City, Star Wars, Batman and more here.
r4-g9
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Re: 2011 LEGO NinjaGo

Post by r4-g9 » Sat Nov 13, 2010 12:46 pm

i just got back from my local tru in calgary ab and they said that kai will be $12.99!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

SpaceLego
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by SpaceLego » Sat Nov 13, 2010 4:20 pm

r4-g9 wrote:i just got back from my local tru in calgary ab and they said that kai will be $12.99!
What? They got Ninjago sets already? Do they have the other new stuff?

Ice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ice » Sat Nov 13, 2010 5:23 pm

r4-g9 wrote:i just got back from my local tru in calgary ab and they said that kai will be $12.99!
First post has been updated with prices for LEGO NinjaGo Card Games. Thanks r4-g9!

r4-g9
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by r4-g9 » Sat Nov 13, 2010 6:07 pm

SpaceLego wrote:
What? They got Ninjago sets already? Do they have the other new stuff?
the prices were on there computer, but they will have pharaohs quest in two weeks!
and these:
LEGO 2170 Cole DX
LEGO 2171 Zane DX
LEGO 2172 Nya
LEGO 2173 Nuckal
were on the system and were $12.99 also

legitimatealex
Count
Count

Post by legitimatealex » Sun Nov 14, 2010 2:51 pm

Please tell me that $13 is Canadian? I wouldn't pay $5 for a minifigure and some silly cards.
http://www.eightclickbrick.com/ Find me here on the internet.

Playing with LEGO when I can. Where does the time go?

r4-g9
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by r4-g9 » Sun Nov 14, 2010 3:56 pm

legitimatealex wrote:Please tell me that $13 is Canadian? I wouldn't pay $5 for a minifigure and some silly cards.
yes they were 12.99 cadadian, which is most likely 9.99 usd

legitimatealex
Count
Count

Post by legitimatealex » Sun Nov 14, 2010 8:53 pm

r4-g9 wrote:
legitimatealex wrote:Please tell me that $13 is Canadian? I wouldn't pay $5 for a minifigure and some silly cards.
yes they were 12.99 cadadian, which is most likely 9.99 usd
Still too much.

smilyremhof
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by smilyremhof » Mon Nov 15, 2010 6:11 am

Does anyone know what the game is supposed to be like? A LEGO version of Beyblade?

happyfeet56
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by happyfeet56 » Mon Nov 15, 2010 9:30 pm

Eddy976 wrote:Image
These vehicles ruined the theme. I don't like the turbo shredder.

Mantisking
Top Forum Contributor
Top Forum Contributor

Post by Mantisking » Tue Nov 16, 2010 6:50 am

smilyremhof wrote:Does anyone know what the game is supposed to be like? A LEGO version of Beyblade?
Does it matter?

smilyremhof
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by smilyremhof » Tue Nov 16, 2010 8:12 am

Mantisking wrote:
smilyremhof wrote:Does anyone know what the game is supposed to be like? A LEGO version of Beyblade?
Does it matter?
I know my boys will like it either way; I was just wondering how easy or fun it was going to be to play.

From what I see it uses a top action that is controlled by a rip stick. I told my boys this and they were very excited. If it is different I want to know how hard it will be for them to play.

ncbarrett
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by ncbarrett » Tue Nov 16, 2010 8:25 am

smilyremhof wrote: I know my boys will like it either way; I was just wondering how easy or fun it was going to be to play.

From what I see it uses a top action that is controlled by a rip stick. I told my boys this and they were very excited. If it is different I want to know how hard it will be for them to play.
This IS LEGO so I doubt very much it will be hard for kids to play. :mrgreen:
I have inoperable cancer and am unable to work. Any gifts would be appreciated. Thank you!

Shijima
Knight
Knight

Post by Shijima » Tue Nov 16, 2010 10:02 am

Overpriced, so much for a ninja army, especially since the blue ninjas only come in the vehicle sets... which look TERRIBLE.

Mantisking
Top Forum Contributor
Top Forum Contributor

Post by Mantisking » Tue Nov 16, 2010 10:06 am

Shijima wrote:Overpriced, so much for a ninja army, especially since the blue ninjas only come in the vehicle sets... which look TERRIBLE.
I don't think we can say they're overpriced until we find out how many pieces actually come in each set.

indiababu
Citizen
Citizen

Post by indiababu » Thu Nov 18, 2010 2:29 pm

What I don't understand is WHY there are the vehicles in this set. I wished this was more "historical" set - with horses, samurai etc. Instead it's some weird mashup.

LegoFreak83
I'm New !

Post by LegoFreak83 » Sat Nov 27, 2010 3:49 pm

Let me be another one to "blast" this new Lego theme...if I can call it that. This is the most ridiculous, random, thrown together set I have ever seen and I can't believe Lego gave the OK to release a theme like this. First off...Ninjas are cool, I like Ninjas. Skeleton's are cool, I own the entire Castle Fantasy 2007 sets because I love Skeletons. I could maybe look past the weirdness of skeleton warriors fighting Ninjas...but the vehicles......NO! Are you kidding me a modern skeleton motorcycle and a tank? Seriously? Since when did Ninjas use hand held weapons against tanks and bikes? How would they win? Isn't that "bringing a knife to a gunfight?" or in this case a Sword to a Vehicle fight....what was Lego thinking? I expected this to be a release updated version of the old Ninja Legos and maybe new weapons and pieces....but this is ridiculous! I won't even touch on the Card game accept in saying.....Lego meets Pokemon meets Sock'em Robots? The Dojo for Ninja's is lame, it's just a front wall! No details, no buildings, not a little fort, nothing! The Ice Dragon and maybe the Skeleton Fortress which looks cool are the only redeeming sets of this theme. I seriously think the people who came up with this theme at Lego had to have been drunk or on something. Horrible concept. After hearing the prices....save your money and invest in Lego Atlantis, Pharaoh Quest or Star Wars....at least those are believable and look like worth the money.

legitimatealex
Count
Count

Post by legitimatealex » Sat Nov 27, 2010 5:30 pm

Alright I'll give you that it does seem like an 80s action movie with this line, so it loses points on coherence as an overall theme, but piece wise and minifigure you have to give it that it is awesome.

Mantisking
Top Forum Contributor
Top Forum Contributor

Post by Mantisking » Sat Nov 27, 2010 6:46 pm

LegoFreak83 wrote:save your money and invest in Lego Atlantis, Pharaoh Quest or Star Wars....at least those are believable and look like worth the money.
Believable? Really?
legitimatealex wrote:Alright I'll give you that it does seem like an 80s action movie with this line, so it loses points on coherence as an overall theme, but piece wise and minifigure you have to give it that it is awesome.
I agree.

jsnweitzel
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by jsnweitzel » Sat Nov 27, 2010 10:14 pm

I'm not surprised by the vehicles. As soon as I heard about the skeletons, I didn't imagine a historical ninja theme but more of a Power Rangers or cartoon type theme. These are clearly being marketed for children. Kids like Power Rangers, Beyblades, and cartoons. If you're wondering how a ninja would defeat a tank, you're overthinking things. These ninjas have some sort of spinning super power.

I like the direction Lego has taken with Ninjago. My son and his friends take legos to school and play together. Not only can they pretend together but now it can also be a game. I also think the skeletons are cool.

My biggest problem is the suspected price. I would never let my son spend more than $5 on one Ninjago guy.
Hopefully some of the sets are reasonable prices.

vynsane
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator

Post by vynsane » Sun Nov 28, 2010 10:18 am

jsnweitzel wrote:These are clearly being marketed for children.
... and completely awesome adults.
If you're wondering how a ninja would defeat a tank, you're overthinking things.
Holy crap, quote of the day!

Basically, this is one of those themes that either strikes you as ridiculously awesome, or just ridiculous. I adhere to the former. It's definitely a polarizing theme, which I basically saw from the beginning.
ALL HAIL THE BLACTRON EMPIRE!

Flickr Photostream | Dropbox - LDD files and instruction archive