2011 LEGO NinjaGo (January)

Discuss various LEGO themes like Friends, City, Star Wars, Batman and more here.
oocaleb101oo
Knight
Knight

Re: 2011 LEGO NinjaGo (January)

Post by oocaleb101oo » Sat Jan 01, 2011 9:33 am

gabriellee11 wrote:I saw on my lego store that there is a special edition packet which comes sensei wu, some hollographic cards (limited edition cards) and some "specialty weapons" that was going for $14.99. It looked very similar to the $9.99 packets like the 2111, 2112, 2113, etc. Just letting you know...because I didnt see that on the lego website.
Didn't get the item number didja?

natelite
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by natelite » Sat Jan 01, 2011 3:43 pm

there's actually a mf version of the foam ninjago sword. if you look at every ninjago set, there is an outline of the said sword as item no 1. problem is, every set available now does not contain this sword. not sure how to get it. perhaps it's in the summer month? or perhaps it'll be a giveaway at tru for > $xx purchase or something similar. or perhaps even more sinister would be to have like limited 10k units made and randomly packed in sets...driving fans to overbuy these mostly worthless sets in bulk to try to locate the rare swords.

anyone knows?

oocaleb101oo
Knight
Knight

Post by oocaleb101oo » Sat Jan 01, 2011 3:59 pm

Hmm, I just noticed something. It seems that those 9 dollar card/minifigure packs have unique golden weapons exclusive to only those sets. The Cole/Black Ninja set seems to be the only one that has a golden staff, Bonezai/ice skeleton seems to have a golden pick equiped and Krazi/lightning skeleton seems to be sporting a rather large gold bone. Hmm, and I just noticed that the Spinjitzu Starter set which includes Jay/blue ninja and Frakjaw/skeleton and they are sporting the golden spear/golden flail respectively. Those particular golden weapons aren't in any of the box sets. Which means to get every single golden weapon you'd have to get those starter pack sets. Bummer!

Also on the back of the Ninjago boxes they show what golden weapon is with each box, but i've yet to see the golden dragon sword in any of the sets they've introduced. Only the golden katana that Kai/red ninja uses perhaps they are ripping us of a nice golden dragon sword by claiming that a gold katana is the weapon. Kinda goes against the nice artwork they've done and ninjago videos they've shown.

r4-g9
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by r4-g9 » Sat Jan 01, 2011 5:53 pm

the new sword comes out in summer.

ncbarrett
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by ncbarrett » Tue Jan 04, 2011 1:34 pm

so... now that these have been out for a few days, how do the cards come into play?
I have inoperable cancer and am unable to work. Any gifts would be appreciated. Thank you!

BobaFett2
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by BobaFett2 » Tue Jan 04, 2011 4:03 pm

ncbarrett wrote:so... now that these have been out for a few days, how do the cards come into play?
I think you play one each turn. They basically modify what happens-such as removing something from your spinner to make it easier/harder to knock off.
MOCpages Account
FlickR Photostream
I post a lot of reviews in the reviews forum! Check them out!

InfectiousZombie
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by InfectiousZombie » Tue Jan 04, 2011 4:14 pm

ncbarrett wrote:so... now that these have been out for a few days, how do the cards come into play?
They do things like make you lose a part from your minifigure instead of losing or my fav is one you put in the play area and if your opponent spins over it they lose.

fangbone
I'm New !

Post by fangbone » Tue Jan 04, 2011 6:04 pm

Just curious...do all sets come with a spinner? I was looking at the Skull Bike and the Ice Dragon, and they don't show a spinner anywhere on the box. Isn't that the point of the line?

BobaFett2
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by BobaFett2 » Tue Jan 04, 2011 6:07 pm

fangbone wrote:Just curious...do all sets come with a spinner? I was looking at the Skull Bike and the Ice Dragon, and they don't show a spinner anywhere on the box. Isn't that the point of the line?
Spinners come in the spinner sets, as well as Skeleton Bowling, the Dojo, Garmadon's Dark Fortress, and Battle Arena.
MOCpages Account
FlickR Photostream

legitimatealex
Count
Count

Post by legitimatealex » Tue Jan 04, 2011 7:21 pm

fangbone wrote:Just curious...do all sets come with a spinner? I was looking at the Skull Bike and the Ice Dragon, and they don't show a spinner anywhere on the box. Isn't that the point of the line?
Just the booster packs and a few other sets.

I picked up three of these sets from my local Target and I have to tell you, I am not disappointed by what I got. I was worried about the quality of the figures and how the sets might be since this all seemed a bit campy and geared towards 10 year olds, but they're really good sets. Really unique pieces, a lot of new pieces and the minifigures are much better looking ninjas than from previous. I'm really liking this line guys.
http://www.eightclickbrick.com/ Find me here on the internet.

Playing with LEGO when I can. Where does the time go?

ncbarrett
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by ncbarrett » Wed Jan 05, 2011 11:54 am

didn't see anyone mention this, but the site is updated.

http://ninjago.lego.com/

and looks like there will be a cartoon starting 1.14.11
I have inoperable cancer and am unable to work. Any gifts would be appreciated. Thank you!

r4-g9
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by r4-g9 » Sat Jan 08, 2011 8:02 pm

i just found these:
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Gatan ... onews2.jpg
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Gatan ... onews1.jpg
it looks like lego is going all out on ninjago this year, and that the ds game will come out in april.

edit: the images are too big to post.

Mantisking
Top Forum Contributor
Top Forum Contributor

Post by Mantisking » Sun Jan 09, 2011 12:14 pm

r4-g9 wrote:i just found these:
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Gatan ... onews2.jpg
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Gatan ... onews1.jpg
it looks like lego is going all out on ninjago this year, and that the ds game will come out in april.

edit: the images are too big to post.
Is it bad that I'm a grown adult and I want the backpack and a watch?

turtle1173
Knight
Knight

Post by turtle1173 » Tue Jan 11, 2011 4:35 pm

Is there anything special about the battle card packs? How many cards are there per pack? Are they worth the $3.50?

smilyremhof
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by smilyremhof » Thu Jan 13, 2011 8:12 am

Just got a email from Rewards Runner offering 6% cash back on all LEGO through the 14th at midnight and they have info on the Ninjago Cartoon.

Don’t forget the premier of LEGO Ninjago: Masters of Spinjitzu is this Friday, 1/14 on Cartoon Network.
6:00pm EST - Episode 1: LEGO Ninjago: Masters of Spinjitzu - Way of the Ninja
6:30pm EST - Episode 2: LEGO Ninjago: Masters of Spinjitzu - King of Shadows

Looks like I will be setting the DVR for my boys. As they will want to watch it again and again.

oocaleb101oo
Knight
Knight

Post by oocaleb101oo » Thu Jan 13, 2011 8:48 am

Thanks for the info. Definitely will be watching.

BobaFett2
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by BobaFett2 » Thu Jan 13, 2011 9:11 am

smilyremhof wrote:Just got a email from Rewards Runner offering 6% cash back on all LEGO through the 14th at midnight and they have info on the Ninjago Cartoon.

Don’t forget the premier of LEGO Ninjago: Masters of Spinjitzu is this Friday, 1/14 on Cartoon Network.

Looks like I will be setting the DVR for my boys. As they will want to watch it again and again.
What is Rewards Runner?
MOCpages Account
FlickR Photostream

r4-g9
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by r4-g9 » Thu Jan 13, 2011 4:03 pm

smilyremhof wrote:Just got a email from Rewards Runner offering 6% cash back on all LEGO through the 14th at midnight and they have info on the Ninjago Cartoon.

would it be posable for you to recorde it and put it on youtube for those who can't see it on tv? (if it is legal)

turtle1173
Knight
Knight

Post by turtle1173 » Fri Jan 14, 2011 11:52 am

Can anyone elaborate anything on the battle card packs? Good, bad, waste of money, special cards..., etc.?

oocaleb101oo
Knight
Knight

Post by oocaleb101oo » Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:50 pm

r4-g9 wrote:

would it be posable for you to recorde it and put it on youtube for those who can't see it on tv? (if it is legal)
Maybe it'll be on HULU in a day or so? You could always torrent it probably.