2011 LEGO City (January)

Discuss various LEGO themes like Friends, City, Star Wars, Batman and more here.
vynsane
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator

Re: 2011 LEGO CITY Space subtheme

Post by vynsane » Sun Aug 15, 2010 10:33 am

legitimatealex wrote:Alright the second wave of Space police III is a lot better than the first release though, you have to give it that. The first release was pretty...dismal.
I have to admit I got into SP3 just as the second year was starting, with RaidVPR and Gold Heist, although the first year's offerings like Galactic Enforcer, Space Truck Getaway and Hyperspeed Pursuit are really awesome. Freeze-Ray Frenzy is cool as a mini version of Hyperspeed Pursuit. Max Security Transport is just okay. In fact, the only ones I don't have from the first year's offerings are K-9 Bot and Squidman's Pitstop. This year's sets have been superior, but that just makes it even better! Usually there's a drop-off as the greater amount of imagination is used up in the initial wave.
legohunter wrote:I like Space Police III, especailly the mini-figs. They look very cool if they line up in front of you.
Yeah, the alien minifigs have been one of the best outcomes of SP3... as well as the return of trans-yellow windscreens this year!
ALL HAIL THE BLACTRON EMPIRE!

Flickr Photostream | Dropbox - LDD files and instruction archive

legohunter
Count
Count

Post by legohunter » Sun Aug 15, 2010 11:48 am

I didn't pick up Squidman's Pitstop either. First, there was no new mini-fig. Second it was a little over-price. As a result, I built a pitstop and alien spaceships from the aid of bricklink. :mrgreen:

vynsane
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator

Post by vynsane » Sun Aug 15, 2010 1:46 pm

legohunter wrote:I didn't pick up Squidman's Pitstop either. First, there was no new mini-fig. Second it was a little over-price. As a result, I built a pitstop and alien spaceships from the aid of bricklink. :mrgreen:
Well, I didn't pick it up because I didn't know about it when it was available. Then when I knew of its existence, the only place that still had it was TRU in Times Sq. NYC... and if you thought TRU had bad markups, you should see the that one. It marks up on regular TRU markups. I think it was about $65 there.

imooumoo
Citizen
Citizen

Re: 2011 LEGO CITY Police

Post by imooumoo » Mon Aug 16, 2010 7:02 am

toystest wrote:
legohunter wrote:Would it be a better idea to spend their resource on some set like Hospital, School, Museum, RecCenter, or Library? There are so much that could be done. By the way, I am disappointed with the city corner. The pizza shop is too small.
Hospital! I really like that idea. Some neat ambulances or a trauma helicopter. They've done police and fire department too often I think. However as long as they keep selling them they'll keep making them.
I can just imagine putting a Lego torso on the floor covered in he 1 X 2 red bricks. Or guys with missing arms! Hilarius!

slacker
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by slacker » Mon Aug 16, 2010 8:05 am

I'd love to see a library or a town hall in their next modular building sets. We just finished the Grand emporium and working on the fire brigade. I'm really liking these sets.

legohunter
Count
Count

Post by legohunter » Sat Aug 21, 2010 7:34 am

So, which modular building set is the best? If I could only get one, which one I shouldn't miss?

toystest
Knight
Knight

Post by toystest » Sat Aug 21, 2010 8:15 am

legohunter wrote:So, which modular building set is the best? If I could only get one, which one I shouldn't miss?
They are all absolutely great, I am slightly bias to the Green Grocer, that might be because it was the first one I got.

legitimatealex
Count
Count

Post by legitimatealex » Sun Aug 22, 2010 12:26 pm

The canine unit sounds great. I was a bit sad that the only police dogs that they really had were in the small impulse set and the police station. Around where I live they use those police dogs for everything.
http://www.eightclickbrick.com/ Find me here on the internet.

Playing with LEGO when I can. Where does the time go?

slacker
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by slacker » Mon Aug 23, 2010 6:50 am

legohunter wrote:So, which modular building set is the best? If I could only get one, which one I shouldn't miss?
Of the two sets we got, I think Grand Emporium is better than Fire Brigade. I'm going to buy green grocer before it's gone but can't open it until after xmas. :shock:

ncbarrett
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by ncbarrett » Mon Aug 23, 2010 11:36 am

If they really are going to make new sets so similar to last years, look for last years to go clearance on S@H in next couple of months.
Im going to keep a close eye on that. :ugeek:
I have inoperable cancer and am unable to work. Any gifts would be appreciated. Thank you!

legohunter
Count
Count

Post by legohunter » Thu Aug 26, 2010 2:08 pm

toystest, thanks for you suggestion. I agree with you. :)

vynsane
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator

Post by vynsane » Sun Sep 19, 2010 10:53 am

Some new info on this theme (plus leaked pics that corroborate the write-up) out there.
In the Welraumsets falls on the first of the major space-port. Looks nice. Despite a number of molded parts for the rocket. The Shuttle has to have that at all not like small airplane cockpit and the sets and the moon buggy Satelittenstartrampe potential.

3368 Missile Base € 59.99
3367 Shuttle 29.99
3366 Satelittenstartrampe 16.99
3365 moon-buggy € 4.99
Unfortunately, the Shuttle has the new cockpit/nosecone used on the current CITY airplanes. The figures seem to have white versions of the Atlantis breathing apparatus with solid metallic gold visors. All vehicles feature the same logo as displayed on the starboard wing of 10213 Shuttle Adventure.

legitimatealex
Count
Count

Post by legitimatealex » Sun Sep 19, 2010 7:30 pm

The second wave of SP3 is super awesome.

That said I'm excited for the return of the Space theme. Hopefully they use non giant pieces for the base of the shuttles this time around.
http://www.eightclickbrick.com/ Find me here on the internet.

Playing with LEGO when I can. Where does the time go?

Mantisking
Top Forum Contributor
Top Forum Contributor

Post by Mantisking » Sun Sep 19, 2010 8:55 pm

Klaus-Dieter wrote:Space Launch Pad (? 70 Euros)
-baseplate with small "tower" (I do not remember that there is any possibility that minifigs can climb on it – only some sort of framework
-small control station
-big rocket (not space shuttle!)
-maintenace vehicle
-officer, mechanic, spaceman
The rocket looks like an Ariane 5 to me.

gabriellee11
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by gabriellee11 » Mon Sep 20, 2010 2:47 pm

Here are pictures of Space, Atlantis and Police themes coming in 2011.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/colbymcc/

darknight
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by darknight » Mon Sep 20, 2010 6:56 pm

So Lego is bringing back city-space theme sets back. Awesome!

{Images deleted}

A little disappointed with the police sets though. The new police station is almost the same as the current one but rearranged. The same goes with the mobile command station vehicle. Are these the old sets or are they really the new ones? I know the other 3 smaller police sets are for sure.

{Images deleted}
Last edited by vynsane on Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Embedded confidential product shots - they're available out there, you'll just have to search for 'em

Legoliner Pilot
I'm New !

Post by Legoliner Pilot » Wed Oct 06, 2010 6:08 pm

gabriellee11 wrote:Here are pictures of Space, Atlantis and Police themes coming in 2011.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/colbymcc/
That is my Flickr stream- Apologies if you missed the pictures, but I deleted them for the safety of my account. Alas, I have found ultra-high resolution photos:

Space Sets 1
Space sets 2

Transformers2
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Re: 2011 LEGO City

Post by Transformers2 » Sat Oct 30, 2010 9:43 am

Toysrus.com has 3 new lego city sets listed. (from brickset) The only one instock right now is Mobile Police Unit.

LEGO City Police MiniFigure Collection (7279) $9.99
LEGO City Mobile Police Unit (7288) $44.99
LEGO City Police Station (7498) $99.99

http://www.toysrus.com/family/index.jsp ... 0&view=all
Last edited by Ice on Sun Oct 31, 2010 9:01 am, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: Added links to pictures.

brickz
Knight
Knight

Post by brickz » Sat Oct 30, 2010 12:36 pm

These look almost like the same police sets from the last wave. Only the police minifigure collection is new.

legogeek
Knight
Knight

Post by legogeek » Sat Oct 30, 2010 3:22 pm

I like the new printed police dog and the ATM from 7929. :P For the other sets, I agree with brickz. They look the same. Mobile police unit gives you a sports car (very similar to the 8402) instead of the quad car. For the police station, everything is the same except a different arrangement, a helicopter pad and a police bike. But wheres the helicopter?? The police station does look more and more modern though.

Lego really does not need to remake a set that was just released 2 years ago and still in production right now. Seriously, theres too much remakes of the police sets.