LEGO The Simpsons Series Minifigures (List Revealed)

Discuss various LEGO themes like Friends, City, Star Wars, Batman and more here.
Toys N Bricks
Administrator
Administrator

LEGO The Simpsons Series Minifigures (List Revealed)

Post by Toys N Bricks » Sat Mar 08, 2014 9:20 pm

The list for the LEGO Minifigures The Simpsons Series has been revealed over at Amazon UK. Expected shipping date in the United Kingdom is April 21, 2014. UK pricing will be £3.25 each. For United States, the minifigures will be priced at $3.99 USD each, which would be a $1 increase from the previous $2.99 price tag. Thanks to Ryan for writing in with the news. (via Eurobricks)

Product Description

Woo-hoo! It's The Simpsons! The LEGO Minifigures series continues with this great collection of 16 of your favorite characters from TV's longest-running comedy. There's Homer, Marge, Bart, Lisa, and Maggie Simpson, as well as Grampa, Ned Flanders, Ralph Wiggum, Nelson Muntz, Apu Nahasapeemapetilon, Chief Wiggum, Krusty the Clown, Itchy & Scratchy, Mr. Burns and Milhouse. Each The Simpsons minifigure comes in a sealed 'mystery' bag with its own special accessories, display plate and collector's leaflet. Buy a bag, open it up and see which one you get!

Minifigures

Homer
Marge
Bart
Lisa
Maggie Simpson
Grampa
Ned Flanders
Ralph Wiggum
Nelson Muntz
Apu Nahasapeemapetilon
Chief Wiggum
Krusty the Clown
Itchy
Scratchy
Mr. Burns
Milhouse

Article Link: http://toysnbricks.com/lego-the-simpson ... -revealed/
Toys N Bricks
A LEGO Fan Community. Like us on FaceBook and follow us on Twitter!

StClair
Count
Count

Re: LEGO The Simpsons Series Minifigures (List Revealed)

Post by StClair » Sun Mar 09, 2014 6:49 am

No Otto... :{
I'm dying to see how they manage Itchy and Scratchy.

Athos
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by Athos » Sun Mar 09, 2014 8:28 am

No Willie, either. I was hoping for another kilt pattern.

The price is way too high for these, I hope its not a sign of things to come. I'll probably have to pass unless the accessories are really good and I can find a BOGO 50% off sale again. I'm a big fan of the TV show, but so far the Lego version isn't doing it for me.

And since they've redone them all for the collectables, it makes me less likely to buy the house.

Steve

StClair
Count
Count

Post by StClair » Sun Mar 09, 2014 11:57 am

Athos wrote:No Willie, either. I was hoping for another kilt pattern.

The price is way too high for these, I hope its not a sign of things to come. I'll probably have to pass unless the accessories are really good and I can find a BOGO 50% off sale again. I'm a big fan of the TV show, but so far the Lego version isn't doing it for me.

And since they've redone them all for the collectables, it makes me less likely to buy the house.

Steve
Grounds keeper Willie would have been a fun one. I was going to buy Lisa (my favorite regular character) but the face just looks strange. I don't think I'll buy any either unless (as you stated) they have interesting pieces or torsos that I can use for MOCs. I didn't expect them to raise the price either. I'm guessing Maggie will be one that many will snatch because of the torso/leg baby piece.

Marcus70
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by Marcus70 » Sun Mar 09, 2014 3:41 pm

Disappointed Itchy and scratchy take up two spots, would have liked Moe, Sideshow Bob, Otto, Lenny or Mr. Smithers instead.

peanut
Knight
Knight

Post by peanut » Sun Mar 09, 2014 3:48 pm

I probably would have gotten about half of the characters but I feel it will only encourage them to keep the new 4 dollar price for all future CMF series. A 30 percent (if i did my math right) increase is a little steep. No doubt they can justify it on paper but my wallet can't.

The-Daryl
Knight
Knight

Post by The-Daryl » Sun Mar 09, 2014 4:46 pm

peanut wrote:I probably would have gotten about half of the characters but I feel it will only encourage them to keep the new 4 dollar price for all future CMF series. A 30 percent (if i did my math right) increase is a little steep. No doubt they can justify it on paper but my wallet can't.

I'm not a fan of the price increase either, so will just pass on this series.

I'm not sure if it's more about the price increase or just having an excuse to not grab something I'm only half interested in, though. (For instance if it was a Super Heroes CMF series @$4.00, I would probably get every one /shrug)

TRU and even some Walgreen's have already been charging $3.99-$4.49 (for $2.99 MSRP figs)... I wonder if these will actually break the $5 barrier there.

Sinfanti
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by Sinfanti » Sun Mar 09, 2014 6:45 pm

This is looking like the first CMF series that I just pass on completely. And the price increase doesn't sit well with me either, since prices seldom come back down after going up for some reason. I hope I'm wrong on that and this series' price tag is to cover the double-whammy of licensing fees and the development cost of so many new parts molds (every figure has a new and unique head that isn't going to get much use).

I agree with The-Daryl that if this new price is meant to stick, TLG is going to have to come up with something more compelling. Super Heroes would be tempting, especially if we could get some characters that have previously been nearly unobtainable, like Green Lantern and Bizarro.

lego the hutt
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by lego the hutt » Sun Mar 09, 2014 6:59 pm

The price increase doesn't bother me at all. I think we all realize licensed theme sets are generally a slightly higher price because of extra costs associated with them. This seems no different. It is just new to CMFs so people aren't used to it.

auralgami
Peasant
Peasant

Post by auralgami » Sun Mar 09, 2014 7:49 pm

lego the hutt wrote:The price increase doesn't bother me at all. I think we all realize licensed theme sets are generally a slightly higher price because of extra costs associated with them. This seems no different. It is just new to CMFs so people aren't used to it.
But it's a proportionally big increase. Why not $3.50? I wouldn't have loved that either, but it wouldn't have gotten me thinking about not buying them. Now I am.

For $1 more, I can get a Mixel with ~50-70 pieces.

A $1 increase for minifigures is not a "slightly higher price". It's a huge increase.

All it does is make me pick and choose more. I may go for these, but they'll replace something else, not be in addition to.

lego the hutt
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by lego the hutt » Sun Mar 09, 2014 8:06 pm

Another thing you have to take into account with these, besides extra licensing fees, is that every head is a new mold. Most CMFs are just a reprinted head. Designing new head molds is another large cost that has to be covered.

Would I rather they were $2.99? Sure, but I understand they have to have a higher price point to cover the extra costs involved with producing them.

I'm not going to nit pick on whether it should have been a 50 cent increase or a dollar. I'm completely ok with $3.99.

Marcus70
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by Marcus70 » Sun Mar 09, 2014 10:16 pm

With the series 12 CMF coming in the fall, also marked at $3.99 from the toy fair, that price might be here to stay.

http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.p ... 9811&st=50" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

mattlee1965
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by mattlee1965 » Mon Mar 10, 2014 9:56 am

I'm really disappointed. I think this could be the worst series yet. Furthermore, I don't know who they were trying to appeal to (20-50 year olds). No parent lets their 8 year old watch the Simpsons. Furthermore, I am not paying $4.00 a figure for only unique heads that have no usefulness in a moc.

They should have done a Marvel Super Heroe polybag series that would have been awesome. (X-men figures) :(

lego the hutt
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by lego the hutt » Mon Mar 10, 2014 10:36 am

Marcus70 wrote:With the series 12 CMF coming in the fall, also marked at $3.99 from the toy fair, that price might be here to stay.

http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.p ... 9811&st=50" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I hadn't heard that before. That does make me wonder if that is the wave we are getting based on minifigures online. That should be coming at some point this year.

Luciant
Count
Count

Post by Luciant » Mon Mar 10, 2014 11:14 am

lego the hutt wrote:Another thing you have to take into account with these, besides extra licensing fees, is that every head is a new mold. Most CMFs are just a reprinted head. Designing new head molds is another large cost that has to be covered.

Would I rather they were $2.99? Sure, but I understand they have to have a higher price point to cover the extra costs involved with producing them.

I'm not going to nit pick on whether it should have been a 50 cent increase or a dollar. I'm completely ok with $3.99.
I'm glad someone else understands the economics of it.

Now if they continue to charge $3.99 for the rest and they are not licensed (I.E. Super Heroes), then I think they might have a problem. I personally like the diversity of new minifigs and always get them on for 25% off sooner or later anyway.
I have mixed feelings about new releases: I can't wait to see and get the new sets... but I can't figure out where I'm gonna put them or store them.

LewaLAZ
I'm New !

Post by LewaLAZ » Mon Mar 10, 2014 3:03 pm

Yeah, I don't like the raised price either. :cry:

But I feel like I'm actually gonna go ahead and get them all. I just love The Simpsons!...well, not counting anything past Season 11.

As Homer says, "DOH!'

ILoveLegotrain
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by ILoveLegotrain » Mon Mar 10, 2014 7:21 pm

I have no idea why LEGO decided to included the six minifigures that comes with 71006 The Simpsons House... :???: so guys think about it this way, if anyone already purchased 71006 The Simpsons house, that means you just saved yourself $24 ($3.99x6 pretty simple math) for NOT buying this series even though its a tiny bit different!!! :lol:
Also I don't know if LEGO decide in the future releasing more Simpsons theme houses? (I'm crossing my fingers)

Brick & Blue
Count
Count

Post by Brick & Blue » Mon Mar 10, 2014 7:51 pm

I'll be skipping it because of the stupid heads and the price increase. This will be saving me a lot of money.

SEK527
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by SEK527 » Thu Mar 13, 2014 4:30 pm

Maybe the price increase is for the licensing costs. Remember when series 1 & 2 came out? The price was $1.99 plus you got an extra accessory just like the sets have extra parts. I'll end up buying two of ea. (except for the ones w/ the house) as my brother & I are huge Simpson's fans (back from when they were on the Tracy Ulman show. But at $3.99 ea I won't buy any other CMF unless if they make The Muppets.

zdog89
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by zdog89 » Thu Mar 13, 2014 9:44 pm

well the figures pictured are of the ones that come with set 71006, the only figure confirmed as of now I think is the new homer
and I must say it is a drastic improvement.... I am a little disappointed not because of the 3.99 price( I mean fox probably didn't license them out cheap)... but because the Lego group choose to include second rate figures in a $200 set then provide their good looking twins in an additional release costing consumers another $24... that is just greedy. They could have used to additional figures to make variants... anyone who has seen the playmates line of Simpson figures from the mid 2000's know just how many variants they could have created or additional people from the Simpson universe....while I will still be buying them and the house it does irk me how Lego is taking the direction of their products.
-Chris