[TnB Review] LEGO Movie Collectible Tin

Discuss various LEGO themes like Friends, City, Star Wars, Batman and more here.

How would you rate this set?

Excellent
100%
Average
No votes
Poor
No votes

Total votes: 8

Ice
Administrator
Administrator

[TnB Review] LEGO Movie Collectible Tin

Post by Ice » Fri Feb 21, 2014 2:45 pm

Name: Collectible Tin
Number: N/A
Theme: THE LEGO® MOVIE™
Release Date: Special Promo Set
Piece Count: 168
Minifig Count: 9
Age Rating: 6+

The LEGO Movie Collectible Tin is a special promotional set produced to celebrate the new LEGO Movie. If this was sold in retail, it would probably be around the $19.99-$29.99 range.

The Tin

Front of the Tin

The side of the tin shows the different major characters/minifigures in the movie, as well as the voice actors.

Back of the Tin

The actual tin is really just a regular tin. The LEGO Movie logo is not printed and is a sticker.

Contents

In the tin, you get one giant bag of pieces for the entire set, a "The LEGO Movie" Cardboard and the instructions.

Instructions

Typical pages for the instructions. Nothing out of the extraordinary.

End of the instructions
Aside from the cardboard and maybe the minifigures (which you can get from other sets), there's really no special parts or unique pieces needed to make this set. Most of the pieces are available through the pick a brick wall in the stores or at Shop at Home.

Minifigures
You get 9 minifigures in this set, which is a lot considering the size of the set. They pretty much cover most of the main characters in The LEGO Movie. For Batman, you don't get the cape, but for some reason, I'm missing the cape for Wyldstyle which I am supposed to get in this set.

Back of the minfigures

Alternative faces are available for 5 of the 9 minifigures.

And because I noticed that I got the wrong faces for Wyldstyle and the Ice Cream Machine lady, here's the picture showing the right faces for the right figures. (:

Complete Set

All of minifigures are ready for the LEGO Movie!

Side of the Set

Minifigures like Vitruvius gets a neat hair piece so that he sits properly on the seats. Though, you can see that some folks like Wonder Woman are having a hard time enjoying the movie.

Back of the Set

Ratings
This is a neat little set. I really like the minifigures and also the movie seating. Its very basic, but with the Movie Cardboard (not a sticker on a brick), it makes it more realistic. A possible extension or larger version of the set wouldn't hurt to get more of the Movie Theatre feel. But I guess we have the modular building 10232 Palace Cinema for that. Overall, I would recommend this set.

sketchman
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Re: [TnB Review] LEGO Movie Collectible Tin

Post by sketchman » Fri Feb 21, 2014 7:25 pm

I just peed my pants a little...

evo8hks
Knight
Knight

Post by evo8hks » Fri Feb 21, 2014 7:45 pm

No cup holders! That theater stinks..................I still want one!

jeremy
Peasant
Peasant

Post by jeremy » Sat Mar 01, 2014 10:58 am

wow! oh i really want to get vitruvius