Maersk Triple E

Discuss various LEGO themes like Friends, City, Star Wars, Batman and more here.
pterribilis
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Maersk Triple E

Post by pterribilis » Sun Jan 19, 2014 9:57 pm

Although I don't own this set, I went to the lego store in Edmonton, Alberta today to see it for myself in case I was going to purchase it. It's been something I have wanted to get since getting the last maersk ship and train. Unfortunately for Lego, I won't be purchasing this set. For the coin you pay, and the fact it is a "display" set moreso than a play set...I was extremely disappointed in the number of stickers. What was funny is that even the store's display model couldn't get the stickers put on right to make it look "professional" and not cheap. The clear sticker that goes on the side already showed signs of the struggle it took to install it, and the clear started changing to a yellow. YUCK!

Please LEGO, rethink your design philosophy when producing these kind of sets and stop using stickers. This one will have to be a pass...as much as I hate to not have a complete line of Maersk sets...

Hodgeman
Knight
Knight

Re: Maersk Triple E

Post by Hodgeman » Fri Jan 31, 2014 6:30 am

Totally agree with you... it's a great model, but with all those stickers it is a pass for me.
LEGO, it's not just a toy, it's an addiction... ;)