Which new lego star wars & indy summer sets you like most?

Discuss various LEGO themes like Friends, City, Star Wars, Batman and more here.
starwarsgeek
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Which new lego star wars & indy summer sets you like most?

Post by starwarsgeek » Wed Aug 19, 2009 11:10 pm

My favorurite star wars sets so far this summer is the new classic star wars : mon calamari crusier, the battle of endor, and echo base. I love all the new minifigures in these sets especially the battle of endor. You can also recreate many scenes from these classic lego star wars sets. Just a bit disappointed at the price for all these sets is my only complaint.

For the indy wave, i prefer the temple of doom as it looks really cool with the mine carts, and the chauchilla cemetery battle and ambush in cario. Lego really is making progress with the indy sets. Each wave looks much more realistic and real then the last. Also lots of new uniqe pieces.

Brickbuilder0937
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator

Re: Which new lego star wars & indy summer sets you like most?

Post by Brickbuilder0937 » Thu Aug 20, 2009 5:18 am

My favorite new IJ set is the "fighter plane attack", the minifigs aren't the best but the swooshability is better than all the others combined.
I don't have many of the new star wars sets (yet), but so far I'd have to say I like the pirate tank best.

yoda23

Post by yoda23 » Fri Aug 21, 2009 4:56 pm

star wars pirate tank and echo base

Bertramtalespinner
Peasant
Peasant

Post by Bertramtalespinner » Mon Aug 24, 2009 11:58 am

I'm learning not to judge these until you build them. I built the fighter planes and the Venice set over the weekend and there was some really clever building and functionality in these that made me really enjoy them. And my son is having a ball, he finally wanted to watch part of the films! (He's only 5 and is quite timid about feature films)

hatcher
Count
Count
Location: Barrie, Ontario, Canada (aka The Great White North)

Post by hatcher » Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:01 am

I haven't picked up any of them yet (waiting for a sale) but the Battle of Endor is the clear Star Wars winner, with the Echo Base a close second. As for Indy, I like the Venice Canal Chase set, mainly for the 4 new mini figures. Can anyone explain to my why this set, which has 420 pieces and 4 new minifigs, is $25 less than the fighter plane attack with 390 pieces, and only 3 minifigs, none of which appear to be new?
Who is General Failure and why is he reading my hard disk?

DarthPaka
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by DarthPaka » Thu Aug 27, 2009 12:00 am

hatcher wrote: Can anyone explain to my why this set, which has 420 pieces and 4 new minifigs, is $25 less than the fighter plane attack with 390 pieces, and only 3 minifigs, none of which appear to be new?
good catch, and what sweet minifigs it has!! Indy with hair and suit, Dr. Elsa Schneider and 2 Grail Guardian figures! By far the best Indy set, unless you got the $$ for the Temple of Doom! Sure hope LEGO makes a minifigure set with Mola Ram!

As for Star Wars, its Endor and Echo Base all the way!! Endor gives the most bang for the buck, set and minifig wise, and Echo has the Tauntaun!! Home One & Venator look good minifig wise, but I'll bet green money there will be a Palpatine, Mon Calamari & Senate Commando keychains in the new year, so I'm goina pass on those.

Anyone been buying the SP3 sets? Freeze Ray Fenzy is my fav there so far, love that Orange Guy and his space chopper!

mr.bobwashere

Post by mr.bobwashere » Sun Aug 30, 2009 9:43 pm

I really like the new Corporate Alliance Tank Droid because of the jet troopers

TClone
Knight
Knight

Re: Which new lego star wars & indy summer sets you like mos

Post by TClone » Wed Jun 30, 2010 6:09 am

Anyone have a Dr. Henry Jones for trade?