Wal-Mart USA Pre-Black Friday LEGO Deals Start Today

Forum for 2014 Black Friday LEGO sales & deals!
Toys N Bricks
Administrator
Administrator

Wal-Mart USA Pre-Black Friday LEGO Deals Start Today

Post by Toys N Bricks » Thu Nov 20, 2014 9:37 pm

Wal-Mart America has rolled out a set of new pre-LEGO Black Friday deals. Prices are valid November 21-27. Seven LEGO sets will be discounted to $39 (reg.$49.99-$74.99).

Five of them would be considered "Black Friday LEGO prices" while two of them in the 22% off range would be factored as a regular LEGO sale. Great prices regardless though as some sets haven't been discounted this much before including Friends Olivia's House and Star Wars AT-AP Walker. In fact, this is probably a lot better than the "actual Black Friday deal" where they have some LEGO buckets discounted.

48% off - Olivia's House $39 (reg.$74.99)
44% off - Ninjago Temple of Light $39 (reg.$69.99)
44% off -  City Museum Break-In $39 (reg.$69.99)
35% off - City Helicopter Rescue Hospital Set $39 (reg.$59.99)
35% off - Star Wars AT-AP Walker $39 (reg.$59.99)
22% off - Friends Heartlake Highschool $39 (reg.$49.99)
22% off - Super Heroes Battle of Smallville $39 (reg.$49.99)

*Amazon.com may follow suit and price match on these sets as well.

Article Link: http://toysnbricks.com/wal-mart-usa-pre ... art-today/
Toys N Bricks
A LEGO Fan Community. Like us on FaceBook and follow us on Twitter!

Wheeefun
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Re: Wal-Mart USA Pre-Black Friday LEGO Deals Start Today

Post by Wheeefun » Fri Nov 21, 2014 2:41 am

Temple of Light is sold out online as I type this, some might get lucky with local store pickup if your local has older stock.

Batman
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by Batman » Fri Nov 21, 2014 7:18 am

Wheeefun wrote:Temple of Light is sold out online as I type this, some might get lucky with local store pickup if your local has older stock.
I was able to get the $39 price and site to store the Temple of Light this morning.

tensider
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by tensider » Fri Nov 21, 2014 8:31 am

WIth the way that everything quickly sold out, Amazon price matching seems less likely now :down:

Antmusic
I'm New !

Post by Antmusic » Fri Nov 21, 2014 9:00 am

Went into local Walmart this morning at 7:00. All sale prices were unmarked, but I got Olivia's House for $39.00.

Joshroadifer
Peasant
Peasant

Post by Joshroadifer » Fri Nov 21, 2014 1:16 pm

The toy manager at my Walmart did not even know this sale was happening. There was an angry mom in the Frinds section thinking the sale was not happening because the shelf tags were not up to date. There was a happy mom in the Ninjago section because the shelf tags were not updated and sets were still available. I bought the Ninjago set, just could not talk myself into the other sets. My go back for Olivia's House just to part out though.

MrVEP
Knight
Knight

Post by MrVEP » Fri Nov 21, 2014 2:47 pm

Unless you live in an area where LEGO is not popular, a rarity this days, you are too late. This was one of those times where the door of opportunity is narrow and timing was everything. If you did not get it when you were there they may be gone.

King
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by King » Fri Nov 21, 2014 3:19 pm

MrVEP wrote:Unless you live in an area where LEGO is not popular, a rarity this days, you are too late. This was one of those times where the door of opportunity is narrow and timing was everything. If you did not get it when you were there they may be gone.
The instant sell outs did not make much sense. I was in several stores right away and everything was gone, even if it was not marked. Did these prices go live at midnight? Was it all store pick up?

I was in some of these stores within the last couple of days and they had large quantities of the sets.

King

minifigW
Knight
Knight

Post by minifigW » Fri Nov 21, 2014 3:27 pm

I'm guessing there's little chance of me getting the AT-AP now.

King
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by King » Fri Nov 21, 2014 3:29 pm

minifigW wrote:I'm guessing there's little chance of me getting the AT-AP now.
That is the one set I saw a few places along with the Superman set. Maybe it is not so popular with the Ebay/CL group.

King

Kainzzo
Peasant
Peasant

Post by Kainzzo » Fri Nov 21, 2014 5:47 pm

I stopped by the local Mart after work at about 4pm and found one AT-AP left marked at $47. I brought it back to customer service and the very helpful manager had me come in the back and have her show her on the computer the $39 price (my phone got swiped last week). There were a few other people there picking up the Museum and Ninjago sets I imagine for the same discounts.
Great to have them honor the price and even go out of their way to help! Bad news I still have to shop for a new phone..

minifigW
Knight
Knight

Post by minifigW » Fri Nov 21, 2014 7:45 pm

Never mind, price matched at target :)

LSCPhantom
I'm New !

Post by LSCPhantom » Fri Nov 21, 2014 10:36 pm

minifigW wrote:Never mind, price matched at target :)
Thanks for the tip minifigW! I also was able to price match the AT-AP at Target.

tensider
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by tensider » Sat Nov 22, 2014 7:20 am

I submitted a lower price for the AT-AP at Amazon, and it looks like my local Target has the set in stock. We'll see who gets my business first :)

brickarmor
Knight
Knight

Post by brickarmor » Sat Nov 22, 2014 9:18 am

Price match while you can at Target and TRU. If Target tries to give you crap about not matching BF ads, point out the obvious "PRE-" in Walmart's sale. It is not BF, it is PRE-BF. Everyone's TRU is different, so I hope you're on good terms with the managers. It always helps me! Make sure everybody there knows that you fill out the surveys, learn their names, and brag about them in the survey comments. The TRU stores take them seriously.

minifigW
Knight
Knight

Post by minifigW » Sat Nov 22, 2014 6:42 pm

LSCPhantom wrote:
minifigW wrote:Never mind, price matched at target :)
Thanks for the tip minifigW! I also was able to price match the AT-AP at Target.

glad you got the deal! its a great set!

King
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by King » Sat Nov 22, 2014 10:42 pm

brickarmor wrote:Price match while you can at Target and TRU. If Target tries to give you crap about not matching BF ads, point out the obvious "PRE-" in Walmart's sale. It is not BF, it is PRE-BF. Everyone's TRU is different, so I hope you're on good terms with the managers. It always helps me! Make sure everybody there knows that you fill out the surveys, learn their names, and brag about them in the survey comments. The TRU stores take them seriously.
YMMV on the Target price match. Asked at three today and was told no at all three because it was a "Black Friday" ad.

King

kbsig106
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by kbsig106 » Sun Nov 23, 2014 5:04 pm

I picked up the Star Wars AT-AP Walker and the Friends Heartlake Highschool on the 21st after seeing this post. Oliva's house was in stock also, but my daughter already has it. The price tags had not been updated and found an associate with a telxon gun to verify before heading to the check-out.

Thanks a bunch!

jmeninno
Knight
Knight

Post by jmeninno » Sun Nov 23, 2014 9:37 pm

Even though the Museum Break-In set was out of stock near me, and online, I checked back tonight and a Walmart near-ish to me said they had it in stock. I ordered it on the spot with the store pickup option. Let's hope they can actually hold it for me and not accidentally sell it to someone else lol. I'm also posting this, even though I see from other users that Target and TRU have been price matching, to give others hope, and to check back on Walmart.com for sets that were formerly out of stock. Good luck!