LEGO Minifigures Character Encyclopedia

Discuss various LEGO themes like Friends, City, Star Wars, Batman and more here.
anthonyj8
Knight
Knight

LEGO Minifigures Character Encyclopedia

Post by anthonyj8 » Sat Nov 17, 2012 2:10 pm

Smashing Bricks lets us know that a LEGO Minifigures Character Encyclopedia will soon be released:

"I was doing my annual pre-order of books and after a bit of digging through some catalogs I found a bunch of stuff that we all should be pretty excited about:

First up we have *drumroll* the LEGO Minifigures: Character Encyclopedia! And yes it comes with an exclusive minifigure (not surprising). The Character Encyclopedia will contain all your favourite LEGO Minifigures from Series 1 to Series 10. It’s 208 pages thick, priced at USD$18.99 and will arrive in May 2013."
minifigcharacter-3-373x470.jpg
a.jpg
http://smashing-bricks.com/2012/11/17/lego-books-2013/
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

legohunter
Count
Count

Re: LEGO Minifigures Character Encyclopedia

Post by legohunter » Wed Mar 06, 2013 4:35 pm

Detail of Toy Soldier was revealed.

Find some pictures from HKLUG. Exclusive Toy soldier is outstanding. Very nice helmet, with cool printing at the side of leg and arms. I was disappointed that this was not showed up from CMF10, and I could only get 1 from the book. TLG did find another way to make $ from me. This could possibly be one of the expensive CMF in the mkt.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

FenrisAkashi
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by FenrisAkashi » Wed Mar 06, 2013 5:09 pm

I am amused by the " dislikes fingeprints" in-joke on the Mr. Gold Entry.

legohunter
Count
Count

Post by legohunter » Wed Mar 06, 2013 8:54 pm

FenrisAkashi wrote:I am amused by the " dislikes fingeprints" in-joke on the Mr. Gold Entry.
It implicitly reminded seekers not to open the bag at the store during the process of searching him.

dilbert12
Knight
Knight

Post by dilbert12 » Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:51 pm

Go to Amazon an pre-order it for $10.10 currently. That's cheaper than what the minifigure will be by itself on eBay. Click on the Amazon affiliate link to support toysnbricks.

EDIT:

Also, to clarify, I'm referring to the toy soldier minifigure not Mr. Gold.
Link hopefully with the affiliate reference in it.

http://www.amazon.com/LEGO-Minifigures- ... g=tonbr-20" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Last edited by dilbert12 on Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.

legohunter
Count
Count

Post by legohunter » Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:56 pm

I hope to see this at Costco for $9.99, just liked the Ninjago Character Encyclopedia with green ninja zx

viewtopic.php?f=81&t=7239&p=58512&hilit ... dia#p58512" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

SpaceViking
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by SpaceViking » Thu May 09, 2013 10:31 am

Target.com has this as a daily deal today, for $10 w/ free shipping:
http://www.target.com/p/lego-minifigure ... detaillink" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

thenos
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by thenos » Thu May 09, 2013 10:42 am

My $10.10 preorder from Amazon finally shipped yesterday. Good deal today from Target.

Brick & Blue
Count
Count

Post by Brick & Blue » Fri May 10, 2013 7:53 pm

Target is free shipping when you spend $50.

SpaceViking
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by SpaceViking » Fri May 10, 2013 9:21 pm

Brick & Blue wrote:Target is free shipping when you spend $50.
"Daily deals" are always free shipping, no min needed. When the Target deal was first posted, it was $10/book w/ free shipping. Now that the daily deal is over, looks like the price went up $1---and yes, the order now needs to be $50 or purchased with a Red Card to get free shipping.

Brick & Blue
Count
Count

Post by Brick & Blue » Sat May 11, 2013 11:59 am

SpaceViking wrote:
Brick & Blue wrote:Target is free shipping when you spend $50.
"Daily deals" are always free shipping, no min needed. When the Target deal was first posted, it was $10/book w/ free shipping. Now that the daily deal is over, looks like the price went up $1---and yes, the order now needs to be $50 or purchased with a Red Card to get free shipping.

Oh cool, for $10 shipped, I probably would have bought it. I need to go to Target and get a Red Card.

leger
I'm New !

Post by leger » Tue May 14, 2013 5:00 pm

Got the book in the mail today and just spent some time skimming through it with my son. I was reading all the interesting little tidbits while he was reading all the word bubbles. Haha. So each figure has a "see also" section and lists other "related" figures. For example the the Zombie lists the Mummy and the Monster and the Skater lists the other two skaters and so on. Can anyone tell me what the Nurse (S1) has to do with the Skier (S2). The Surgeon I get. And the Skier lists the Nurse, Snowboarder and Downhill Skier. I don't get it and it's driving me nuts. But I love the book!

hatcher
Count
Count
Location: Barrie, Ontario, Canada (aka The Great White North)

Post by hatcher » Tue May 14, 2013 5:16 pm

I guess a skier would have need of a nurses services after a bad run.
Who is General Failure and why is he reading my hard disk?

atmail35
Duke
Duke

Post by atmail35 » Tue May 14, 2013 7:35 pm

legohunter wrote:I hope to see this at Costco for $9.99, just liked the Ninjago Character Encyclopedia with green ninja zx

viewtopic.php?f=81&t=7239&p=58512&hilit ... dia#p58512" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I found both at Costco this past weekend for $11.99. Left them there ;-)

I got my Amazon preorder and haven't had a chance to look through it much, but it looks nice.

legohunter
Count
Count

Post by legohunter » Tue May 14, 2013 9:39 pm

atmail35 wrote:
legohunter wrote:I hope to see this at Costco for $9.99, just liked the Ninjago Character Encyclopedia with green ninja zx

I found both at Costco this past weekend for $11.99. Left them there ;-)

I got my Amazon preorder and haven't had a chance to look through it much, but it looks nice.
Thx, I will check my local Costco soon.

legohunter
Count
Count

Post by legohunter » Wed Jun 05, 2013 11:38 pm

More than forty copies of this Encyclopedia were found at Vancouver Costco. Only $9.99 each. I left with a copy of it. I think it will sold out soon at the price of less than $10(just like Ninjago Character Encyclopedia) and Costco will not restock it. Please notice that local TRUs selling it at MSRP, which is $20.99. You gonna like this book if you are enjoying with your CMFs.

skeet318
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by skeet318 » Sun Jun 09, 2013 5:23 pm

Anybody check out the page with the CMF designer's pictures? Check out Ashley the graphic designer's nose ring.I've seen bulls with smaller hoops than that. Pretty pictures but the written stuff is for the kiddies....

Edit: I didn't say she was ugly.

Desi
I'm New !

Post by Desi » Sun Jun 16, 2013 2:49 pm

My kids are new to the hobby, but I've been a fan since I was a child. Unfortunately, they were just into the minifigures and just being creative with the blocks.

During spring cleaning, I found minifigure pieces all over the house....and put them aside. Most of them are Superheroes and Ninajago minifigures.

Will these books help me piece them together? The superheroes would be rather easy...just need to confirm heads and weapons. The Ninjago minifigures is where I would need direction. Should I buy these books or is there an online reference web page? I'm collector at heart and would love to piece them together.

Thanks again!

-Desi

Brick & Blue
Count
Count

Post by Brick & Blue » Sun Jun 16, 2013 3:55 pm

Desi wrote:My kids are new to the hobby, but I've been a fan since I was a child. Unfortunately, they were just into the minifigures and just being creative with the blocks.

During spring cleaning, I found minifigure pieces all over the house....and put them aside. Most of them are Superheroes and Ninajago minifigures.

Will these books help me piece them together? The superheroes would be rather easy...just need to confirm heads and weapons. The Ninjago minifigures is where I would need direction. Should I buy these books or is there an online reference web page? I'm collector at heart and would love to piece them together.

Thanks again!

-Desi

I haven't really used it but Brickset.com has some minifigures by theme / set if you need pictures to stick them back together. But I would assume the NinjaGo book wuld be useful to, but I don't own it.

http://www.brickset.com/minifigs/browse ... ry=Ninjago" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;