Star Wars 2013

Discuss various LEGO themes like Friends, City, Star Wars, Batman and more here.
AussieLEGOLover
Peasant
Peasant

Re: Star Wars 2013

Post by AussieLEGOLover » Sat Aug 18, 2012 9:19 pm

lego the hutt wrote:
hatcher wrote:
I must be the only one who much prefers star wars sets based around the original movies? I guess I'm just old. While some of the episode 1-3 stuff isn't to bad, I feel like the clone wars stuff and the old republic stuff are poor alternatives.

On the bright side this will save me a bunch of money. Now I just have the Hobbit stuff to look forward to.
No you aren't the only one...they are slowly killing the Star Wars LEGO genre.

Bring on LOTR and The Hobbit LEGO!!

SpaceNinjaDino
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by SpaceNinjaDino » Sun Aug 19, 2012 1:20 am

Mini TIE Bomber! Yes. Need 20 of them! I got about that many TIE Interceptors.
The asteroid package could actually be useful if it has lots of detail! (Otherwise it is a waste of plastic and cost like all the other planets.)

brickz
Knight
Knight

Post by brickz » Sun Aug 26, 2012 1:17 pm

More info from CVI celebration via Rebel Scum

Planet Series 3:
Kamino w/ R4-P17 droid and Jedi Starfighter
Coruscant w/ Clone Pilot and Republic Assault Striker
Asteroid Filed w/ Tie Bomber and Tie Pilot

Regular Sets:
The Old Republic Battle Pack (2x Sith Troopers + 2x clones)
Clone Troopers vs Droidekas Battle Pack (sniper droideka)
A-wing w/Ackbar, Han and A-wing pilot
AT-RT w/ yoda, clone trooper and assassin droid
Z-95 Headhunter w/ 2x Clone Troopers, General Krell
The Rancor Pit (as revealed at SDCC)

Other notes:
New Visual Dictionary in 2014 w/ new Mini fig exclusive
4th Star Wars Lego game in the works already

fanjo
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by fanjo » Sun Aug 26, 2012 2:46 pm

Nothing to get excited about.

anthonyj8
Knight
Knight

Post by anthonyj8 » Sat Sep 01, 2012 10:15 am

**BREAKING NEWS**

Detailed information has been revealed regarding the next wave of LEGO Star Wars sets. This is the original post http://www.imperiumdersteine.de/showpos ... tcount=143, but it's in another language. Here's the translated version of the post:

"Facts and Figures about 8 sets, which will be available in each trade (according to dealer catalog) (!)

75000 Republic Troopers vs. Sith Troopers
Contents: 1-man stand-mini speeder and two Trooper * the respective stock
>> Price: € 16.99

75001 Clone Trooper vs. Droidikas
Content: a mini-battle command center and two Trooper * / Droidikas
>> Price: € 16.99

75002 AT-RT
with Yoda, 1 x 501st Clone Trooper *, 1 * & Commando Droid 1x Sniper Droidika
>> Price: € 26.99

75003 A-wing Starfighter
by Admiral Ackbar, Han Solo & * A-wing pilot
>> Price: € 29.99

75004 Z-95 Headhunter
with Pong Krell *, Clone Pilot * & 1 x 501st Clone Trooper *
>> Price: € 49.99

75005 Rancor Pit
with Luke Skywalker *, Mala Kill *, Gammorean Guard & Rancor *
>> Price: € 69.99

75012 BARC Speeder
Content: BARC Speeder modified with sidecars ( ), Blue Flitknot Speeder
Figs: Obi Wan Kenobi, Captain Rex & * 2x Commando Droid *
>> Price: € 29.99

75013 Umbarran MHC (Mobile Heavy Cannon)
* with Asoka Tano, Clone Trooper 212th & * 2x Umbaran Soldiers *
>> Price: € 59.99

* "NEW!" - Report / marked

Planet series 3:

75,006 Jedi Starfighter & planet Kamino
with an astro-mech-type R4

75007 Republic Assault Ship & Planet Corussant
with a clone pilot

75008 Tie Bomber & Asteriod Field
with a tie-pilot

Planet Series 4:

75009 Snowspeeder & Planet Hoth
with a snowspeeder pilot

75010 B-wing & Planet Endor
with a B-wing pilot

75011 Tantive IV & Planet Alderaan
with a rebel

je / each set >> Price: € 12.99 (!)

The images are available to me, and prelims (except for the planet sets) beneath contempt ... You notice that TLC does not want to present the vile dealer catalogs the design finish. Both the vehicles and the Figs can possibly imagine the final product (!) .... You will not miss anything so

These images are not worth it anyway and because TLC prohibits the publication, we keep to it ... We are pleased to finally great sets, even if they currently do not sound spectacular ... "

Awesome! Can't wait to see some pics! :up:

SpaceNinjaDino
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by SpaceNinjaDino » Sun Sep 02, 2012 1:53 am

With TIE Bomber and B-Wing, I'm extremely happy. I also love the fact that the entire series 4 is OT!
Having the B-Wing is very important to me (micro B-Wing was my highest priority request to LEGO). I do not like my own micro B-Wing attempts nor do I like others I've seen so far. I know LEGO will do it justice with a special cockpit print.

Next request to LEGO is a micro Y-Wing followed by a micro A-Wing. It is critical in my view they cover the (Original Trilogy) Y-Wing before ever ending the planet series. The Y-Wing from 2003 was already too hard to get at that time. It was $28 retail because you had to buy 4488, 4489, 4490, 4491 to get it as a bonus. I'm satisfied with the micro A-Wing I made only with 30053 micro Republic Attack Cruiser pieces. I bought dozens of these sets once I accomplished that design. It could definitely be improved, so I would welcome an official micro A-Wing.

A new micro TIE Fighter with black/grey color would nice. 8028 is looking out of place next to TIE Interceptor. The 9677 X-Wing looks identical to 30051 but is missing a piece under the windscreen (at least in the official pictures). 30051 is superior with that extra piece plus it was a fraction of the cost and I'm glad I bought as many of them as I could.

TL87
I'm New !

Post by TL87 » Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:32 am

Another BARC speeder?! That was in the 7913 Clone Trooper Pack! What a cop-out.

Headhunter will just be 9493 X-wing sans 2 wings and engines.

Poor showing...

anthonyj8
Knight
Knight

Post by anthonyj8 » Sat Nov 17, 2012 2:37 pm

Smashing Bricks lets us know that some upcoming LEGO Star Wars material has been announced:

"And finally we have Star Wars. DK’s coming up with a brand new series for Star Wars and it’s called LEGO Star Wars: Yoda Chronicles. It’s everything you wanted to know about the little green Jedi Grand Master. His battles with Count Dooku and Darth Sidious, his training of Luke on the planet Dagobah, the Jedi Council and many more his adventures and exploits. And guess what, it comes with an exclusive minifig (surprise, surprise lol…)! Also, DK readers of Attack Of The Clones and Revenge Of The Sith will be available in August 2013. These books will make great reading material for your youngins especially if you want them to learn more about the history of Star Wars."
http://smashing-bricks.com/2012/11/17/lego-books-2013/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Obviously the below picture is the same as the one that was in the last LEGO Magazine.
!!!.png
!!!!.png
!!!!!.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

lego the hutt
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by lego the hutt » Sat Nov 17, 2012 5:01 pm

Kind of funny that they have the Yoda Chronicles coming out. I feel like Yoda is the most lacking main character in the star wars universe Lego has ever produced.

There are only 2 Yoda minifig versions. The clonewars version with the large anime type, cartoony, eyes and the original version with hardly any detail that came out in 2002.

There is the santa yoda from the advent calendar with the same head as the clone wars version stuck on a santa body. It isn't actually new or different.

This is not a new discussion, I know it has been brought up before. I don't understand why Lego has dropped the ball on arguably the most famous and recognizable character in the starwars universe giving us only 2, very mediocre, versions of Yoda minifigs.

It seems like making multiple, better, versions would only be a money maker. I guess it is just to easy to use the same old mold. Hell, even if they used the original mold from 2002 and actually added facial detail that would be a step in the right direction and a must purchase for me.

lego the hutt
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by lego the hutt » Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:22 pm

I did just notice that we do get an exclusive minifig with the Yoda Chronicles. There is hope there...Though most of the figs that come with books are very simple. If I had to guess I'd expect us to get the same old clonewars yoda head on a new body, maybe on a medal ceremony body most likely? I can hope for something more

anthonyj8
Knight
Knight

Post by anthonyj8 » Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:24 pm

lego the hutt wrote:I did just notice that we do get an exclusive minifig with the Yoda Chronicles. There is hope there...Though most of the figs that come with books are very simple. If I had to guess I'd expect us to get the same old clonewars yoda head on a new body, maybe on a medal ceremony body most likely? I can hope for something more
Ditto. I think the only thing to look forward to from this announcement is the new fig, as I'm sure no real information about Yoda will be revealed. I doubt Lucasfilm would choose to tell any unknown info about the little guy in a LEGO book, of all places (no offense ;-) ). I can only hope that this book will include a minifigure (presumably Yoda) that will blow all other versions OUT OF THE WATER! :-D

lego the hutt
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by lego the hutt » Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:11 am

There has been new info about a set not yet known about in the current 2013 list. The info is limited and there are no pics yet but it will be another Hoth battle type set. Speculation is that it will be an exclusive set...exclusive to where is not known.

It will definitely have a snowspeeder and 5 minifigs. Probably some gun turrets and a bunker. Probe droid?

Here is the most legible of the poorly translated info from Hoth Bricks:

The set includes five Minifigures with various weapons and accessories: Luke Skywalker in clothing for snow speeder, General Rick, a rebel-infantryman from the planet Hoth and 2 pilots Snowspeeders Features: Snowspeeder, Speeder E-Web blaster cycle, a probe droid strengths of the Empire, turret gun, command center, and a trench Taounate Snowspeeder Has an opening cockpit and tow hook with rope gun can shoot Tower

http://www.hothbricks.com/2012/11/lego- ... /#comments

lego the hutt
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by lego the hutt » Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:29 am

Ditto. I think the only thing to look forward to from this announcement is the new fig, as I'm sure no real information about Yoda will be revealed. I doubt Lucasfilm would choose to tell any unknown info about the little guy in a LEGO book, of all places (no offense ;-) ). I can only hope that this book will include a minifigure (presumably Yoda) that will blow all other versions OUT OF THE WATER! :-D
I was just griping about the lack of Yoda improvement a day or 2 ago and then I find this:

http://www.hothbricks.com/2012/11/75002 ... pour-yoda/

I can't say that was really what I was referring to but it is something I guess. The change is so minimal it's almost not worth mentioning...I dislike the over sized eyes of all clone wars minifigs. Baby steps in the right direction at least.