LEGO 5000022 The Hulk Minifigure Review

Discuss various LEGO themes like Friends, City, Star Wars, Batman and more here.

How would you rate this set?

Excellent
29%
Average
61%
Poor
11%

Total votes: 28

Ice
Administrator
Administrator

LEGO 5000022 The Hulk Minifigure Review

Post by Ice » Thu May 17, 2012 11:06 pm

Indexed

Name: 5000022 The Hulk
Pieces: 4
Theme: Superheroes
MSRP: $5.99 value (not for individual sale)

When I saw pictures of this minifigure earlier last month, I knew I had to pick it up! This Hulk minifigure is not sold in any other set making this quite an exclusive. In the regular sets, they do have Hulk in a "big wampa like" form in the 6868 Hulk's Helicarrier Breakout set. But in terms of minifigure form, this is the only item that contains the Hulk in minifigure form. Let's see if its really as cool as it seems in this review!

LEGO's Description
Build the green muscle machine in LEGO® minifigure style!

Build Bruce Banner’s angry alter ego, The Hulk™, as a muscle-clad minifigure! Once just an average guy, Bruce Banner’s secret identity as The Hulk was born when a gamma bomb explosion transformed him into a giant green hero who gets stronger as he gets angrier. Add this LEGO® brick-based comic book star to your LEGO Super Hero collection and battle any villain!

•Build a LEGO® brick-based version of the classic comic super hero – The Hulk™!
•Battle, play and collect with the first ever Hulk minifigure!
•Add this exclusive minifigure to your LEGO Super Heroes collection!
The front of the polybag. Hulk in a city background that looks like its been under seige. I haven't seen the Avengers Movie yet so I'm not quite sure what's going on. :)

Dumping out the contents, we get 4 pieces as shown on the bag. No accessories or any extra pieces.

The built minifigure. Very cool and cute looking (especially when Hulk is in miniature form)!

Though, one thing that bugs me is that Hulk is not wearing anything on the side or the back. Somehow, he only managed to get his pants printed on the front. LEGO probably forgot about the rest. :(

Final Verdicts

Aside from the legs printing part, this is a very cool minifigure to have. LEGO claims that this minifigure has a $5.99 value. Though, they don't sell it separately and its also their exclusive. Instead, LEGO is currently offering this minifigure for free when you make a $50 purchase at LEGO Brand Stores and LEGO Shop at Home (USA | Canada | UK). The promotion runs until May 31st, 2012 or while supplies last so if you want this exclusive minifigure, you should make your purchase now.

legohunter
Count
Count

Re: [REVIEW] 5000022 The Hulk Minifigure

Post by legohunter » Thu May 17, 2012 11:13 pm

Thx for the review. I was about asking what was the print on the leg looking like.

Buttmunch
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by Buttmunch » Fri May 18, 2012 6:44 am

Yeah I was worried about the pants printing since they first previewed this. I was afraid he'd end up with a loin cloth thong and he did. I know they are capable of at least printing on the side of the legs. The Minifigure series mummy proved that. Not sure on the back of the legs though. But that would have looked better than what they did IMO. I don't get mine until sometime next week so maybe it won't be as bad in person.

admiralheinrich
Citizen
Citizen

Post by admiralheinrich » Fri May 18, 2012 6:48 am

I have a Hulk as well. I don't know if there are variations running around out there but Ice's looks like it has blue pants. Mine however is standard purple and I believe is the case for most.

ALSO, the face has dual printing which I missed on first inspection.

dilbert12
Knight
Knight

Post by dilbert12 » Fri May 18, 2012 8:45 am

The pants made it average for me. If sides were purple, I'd rate it excellent. Since it's the only minifig version out there, it was still a must get for me. I will explore WaterSlide decals or paint to fix it. It's really annoys me when I see it from the side. I'd be very annoyed with LEGO if they had a later version with the pants on the side.

i.e. In this photo I took, the loin cloth is very distracting IMO.
"Father and son game of catch"

unclephn
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by unclephn » Fri May 18, 2012 9:09 am

^ LOL!

sterlingice
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by sterlingice » Fri May 18, 2012 2:31 pm

Great Hulk^2 pic :)

SI

echobanzai
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by echobanzai » Fri May 18, 2012 8:18 pm

i got the polybag, but im not even sure im going to open it now. those non printed pants look miserable.

lego should have given the hulk purple legs, and then printed green legs on the front. now he looks like he was in the hospital and he is running around in that smock with your bottom sticking out!

tensor
Knight
Knight

Re: LEGO 5000022 The Hulk Minifigure Review

Post by tensor » Sat May 19, 2012 4:59 am

I just can't get excited about this fig. It's just too small and therefore is simply not the hulk. It's even more apparent when they _just_ came out with a "scale" hulk in 6868 which looks pretty good. This figure is like some minifigure decided to dress up as the Hulk for Halloween.

Genius would have been to instead have a Dr. Bruce Banner minifigure post-hulk-out, with a harried look of recovery and torn shorts (printed all around, of course). I would buy (or earn) that without ANY hesitation whatsoever.

legohunter
Count
Count

Post by legohunter » Sat May 19, 2012 5:32 am

tensor wrote: This figure is like some minifigure decided to dress up as the Hulk for Halloween.
:lol: but this figure is not fully dressed, who shows his underwear.

Apfly
I'm New !

Post by Apfly » Sat May 19, 2012 4:53 pm

I wish they had made an entire new muscle design for a torso. It's the Dastan torso from POP. Really, don't they think The Hulk is stronger than Jake Gyllenhaal? I think they needed a more ripped, muscular torso. This one just doesn't cut it.
And yes, the leg printing is lame. They could of at least added it on the sides. But hey, it's Chinese plastic. :P
Brickend.blogspot.com

dr_spock
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by dr_spock » Sat May 19, 2012 9:00 pm

Thanks for the review. I haven't seen the behind pics before. I guess it is like he is wearing a thong from the back. :eek: That won't stop me from adding him to my collection.

unclephn
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by unclephn » Sun May 20, 2012 9:37 pm

tensor wrote:Genius would have been to instead have a Dr. Bruce Banner minifigure post-hulk-out, with a harried look of recovery and torn shorts (printed all around, of course). I would buy (or earn) that without ANY hesitation whatsoever.
That IS genius! A Bruce Banner minifig would've probably have been more valuable, and might have increased the value of the Hulk fig from 6868 as well. While this exclusive minifig is simply just a novelty, a Bruce Banner minifig would've had playability.

Ice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ice » Thu May 24, 2012 10:06 am

admiralheinrich wrote:I have a Hulk as well. I don't know if there are variations running around out there but Ice's looks like it has blue pants. Mine however is standard purple and I believe is the case for most.
That must have been my camera. He does have purple pants, not blue. :lol:
admiralheinrich wrote: ALSO, the face has dual printing which I missed on first inspection.
I missed that too! He does have two faces with the other side showing a grin.

vynsane
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator

Post by vynsane » Thu May 24, 2012 10:22 am

It's more of a 'slightly less angry' face than a grin...
ALL HAIL THE BLACTRON EMPIRE!

Flickr Photostream | Dropbox - LDD files and instruction archive

Rhodebrick
Citizen
Citizen

Post by Rhodebrick » Tue May 29, 2012 11:06 pm

Good review. I got mine today and I'm not that this green thong thing didn't get in my head but ugh it's really bad on this fig.