[REVIEW] 40029 Valentine's Day Box

Discuss various LEGO themes like Friends, City, Star Wars, Batman and more here.

How would you rate this set?

Excellent
50%
Average
25%
Poor
25%

Total votes: 4

atmail35
Duke
Duke

[REVIEW] 40029 Valentine's Day Box

Post by atmail35 » Mon Feb 13, 2012 5:36 pm

Indexed

Set Name: Valentine's Day Box
Set Number: 40029
Year: 2012
Ages: 6+
MSRP: $4.99 USD
Pieces: 51
Price per Piece: $0.0978

LEGO.com description
Tell your valentine that you love them with a LEGO® set made exclusively for the holiday! This red LEGO brick box is perfect for storing jewelry or any little treasure. Includes 2 buildable hearts!
• Includes 2 buildable hearts
• Makes a great Valentine’s Day gift!

The Bag

The Contents
Nothing too unique here.

The Build
The build was very easy and quick.

The box bottom

Completed box and hearts
I do love the hearts!

Completed Box
You cannot really open the top with the heart, you have to hold the sides or the heart comes off. When I look at it, I really want to open it by pulling on the heart, but that really does not work well.

The box is pretty small, but certainly large enough for a good sized diamond ring, if anyone is looking to get engaged. :clap:

Final thoughts
I think the box is cute, although it is very small. I’m always fooled by LEGO’s photography and think it will be bigger than it is. Other than a few pieces of loose change and maybe some paperclips, I’m not entirely sure what the box can be used for. You could use it to hold cufflinks or wedding rings. The play value is very low for kids, as far as I can tell. I do think it is a cute piece, however, it would be much better to purchase on sale!

Ratings

Build: 3/5
Pieces: 3/5
Price: 2/5
Play Features: 2/5
Overall: 3/5 It really loses points for usability/playability, but I would give it a 4/5 if someone who was to use it for an engagement ring or to gift an other piece of jewelry ;-)