[REVIEW] UFO 6836 V-Wing Fighter

Discuss various LEGO themes like Friends, City, Star Wars, Batman and more here.

How do you rate this set?

Excellent
No votes
Average
100%
Poor
No votes

Total votes: 2

BobaFett2
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

[REVIEW] UFO 6836 V-Wing Fighter

Post by BobaFett2 » Fri Nov 26, 2010 6:50 am

Indexed

6836 V-Wing Fighter is a UFO (Space) set released in 1997, at a price of US $4.00. It came with one Red Android Minifigure (supposedly named Andy-Roid), and was small and very odd.
Set
6838 Front
6838 Back
6838 Bottom
The V-Wing fighter is a small set, with only 40 parts. It is, however, an odd shape and build. There are three lasers, and on the bottom is a large radar dish for hovering. The thrusters are well done (there is one big one and two smaller ones). The wings are nice, although they do look odd on the ship. The color scheme sometimes seems to work, sometimes doesn't. The few trans neon orange go well with the trans neon green, although the dullness of gray doesn't go so well with neon colors, at least in this case. The black and red, however, go well with the gray. 3.5/5
Minifigure
The only Minifigure in this set is a red UFO Android. I've heard that he is named Andy Roid and was a kidnapped Explorien (possibly this is from a comic-I do not remember where I heard it). Anyways, the Minifigure is spectacular. While the Blue Android has huge eyes that just don't look that good, this one has a visor. The rest of the face is great, although the mouth could be a better color. The rest of the Minifigure is great, with printing that befits a UFO Minifigure AND an android. 5/5
Parts
The set has 40 parts and costs 4 dollars-exactly a 10 cents per part ratio. Pretty good price, and the set has quite a few useful/rare parts. The best are the two printed "wing" parts, which have two/three similar printed counterparts, but are unique to this set. There is also a 2x2 tile with a UFO face on it, and a 1x2 "control panel". The set contains one of the first cones with a 3x3 base and a 2x2 top. It also has a few SNOT bricks, and a lot of trans neon green. 4.5/5
Building
The set doesn't have much in the way of building. Very little technique, but it's better than many other similarly-sized sets. 3/5

Pros
-Printed Parts
-Trans neon green
-10 cents per part
-UFO Android
Cons
-Boring Build
-Odd
-Gray is too dull for neon colors.

Overall-3.5/5-It's a nice set, awesome Minifigure, good part value, but something is just missing...
MOCpages Account
FlickR Photostream
I post a lot of reviews in the reviews forum! Check them out!

Mantisking
Top Forum Contributor
Top Forum Contributor

Re: [REVIEW] UFO 6836 V-Wing Fighter

Post by Mantisking » Fri Nov 26, 2010 3:05 pm

I think it's a cool looking set. If I had been out of my dark ages I would have bought it when it was in retail circulation.

Everybody
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by Everybody » Fri Nov 26, 2010 3:08 pm

This set is weird :?:. Good review.

legitimatealex
Count
Count

Post by legitimatealex » Sat Nov 27, 2010 5:29 pm

Fine set for the time.
http://www.eightclickbrick.com/ Find me here on the internet.

Playing with LEGO when I can. Where does the time go?