First 2016 LEGO Ideas Results: Old Fishing Store

Every week, a LEGO(My Own Creation) posted here will be featured on our front page. Got a cool creation? Share it! This is also the place to share your building tips and ideas as well as LEGO IDEAS.
Toys N Bricks
Administrator
Administrator

First 2016 LEGO Ideas Results: Old Fishing Store

Post by Toys N Bricks » Thu Oct 06, 2016 6:56 am

The next LEGO Ideas set has been revealed! From the first 2016 LEGO Reviews Results, the chosen LEGO Ideas creation is the Old Fishing Store. This creation will be made into an official LEGO Ideas set. Congrats to Robert Bontenbal (RobenAnne). The final product, design, pricing and availability will be revealed in 2017.

Old Fishing Store

Fishing has always been a central point in Robert Bontenbal’s life. This big passion, in combination with his day job as an architectural draughtsman, is what came together to create this beautiful model that is packed with lovely details and play opportunities. Its creative building style represents a unique design expression for LEGO houses that we’re all very excited about.

Article Link: http://toysnbricks.com/first-2016-lego- ... ing-store/
Toys N Bricks
A LEGO Fan Community. Like us on FaceBook and follow us on Twitter!

lego the hutt
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Re: First 2016 LEGO Ideas Results: Old Fishing Store

Post by lego the hutt » Thu Oct 06, 2016 1:52 pm

I like the design and it looks like a fun build.

With the approved model being 2160 pieces it is going to be substantially redesigned. We have never had an Ideas set of 1k+ pieces. I'm concerned that the final product will be a shell of the original model and that it will lose a lot of what makes it good.

One of the main things that makes this design so great is the lack of visible studs and the color used for the tiles that gives it an aged look. If the final model doesn't hide the studs and use the nice color variety of tiles in the roof and the walls and the decking, and also the nice brick look on the lower part of the model, it will be another case of "what was voted on is not what was delivered".

But I'll keep my fingers crossed and keep a hopeful attitude about it. The current design is wonderful.

slacker
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by slacker » Thu Oct 06, 2016 2:13 pm

First, great design. I'm surprised this model was picked as much as I like it. It looks run down. Only set like that was the haunted house. I could be wrong. Depending on the price, I might get it.

Legotrain1
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by Legotrain1 » Thu Oct 06, 2016 4:55 pm

Color me surprised that such an 'ideas' set would be picked.. Interesting turn of events if they do not gut it.

unduli
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by unduli » Thu Oct 06, 2016 5:14 pm

Seriously? I absolutely loved this design and thought it stood zero chance. Awesome!

StClair
Count
Count

Post by StClair » Thu Oct 06, 2016 5:39 pm

unduli wrote:Seriously? I absolutely loved this design and thought it stood zero chance. Awesome!
Me too! and I'm surprised that it was chosen. Can't wait to see the final product.

captainrex803
Knight
Knight

Post by captainrex803 » Thu Oct 06, 2016 6:22 pm

I'm quite happily surprised that this was approved, just gotta wait to hear the price now.
Look, you wake up one day, and your legs, they just give and you just can't run anymore.

payam81
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by payam81 » Fri Oct 07, 2016 10:03 am

Wow finally after a streak of duds we get a fantastic set. I believe this set is what CUSSO/IDEAS was all about when it initially launched.

Will be in my shopping bag.

captainrex803
Knight
Knight

Post by captainrex803 » Fri Oct 07, 2016 5:07 pm

payam81 wrote:Wow finally after a streak of duds we get a fantastic set. I believe this set is what CUSSO/IDEAS was all about when it initially launched.

Will be in my shopping bag.
What would you consider duds?
Look, you wake up one day, and your legs, they just give and you just can't run anymore.

payam81
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by payam81 » Sat Oct 08, 2016 6:44 am

captainrex803 wrote:
The Big Bang Theory, WALL-E, Caterham Super Seven, Yellow submarine. Big bang set refuses to die even with deep 30-50% discounts being the norm! :shock:

larsnelson76
Peasant
Peasant

Post by larsnelson76 » Sat Oct 08, 2016 11:29 am

I really love this set and am really happy they approved it. It would be awesome if they left the part count what it is. I hope it still looks something like this. I can imagine having the tiles be the walls or some other way to reduce the parts.

I do not know why they changed the color for the Carterham Super Seven to Yellow from Dark Green. It looked very classy in Dark Green. I think yellow made it lose appeal for AFOl's. It does look great, but I do not collect yellow and black sets. Personally, almost any other color would have been better.

Brick & Blue
Count
Count

Post by Brick & Blue » Sat Oct 08, 2016 3:50 pm

payam81 wrote:
captainrex803 wrote:
The Big Bang Theory, WALL-E, Caterham Super Seven, Yellow submarine. Big bang set refuses to die even with deep 30-50% discounts being the norm! :shock:
How can a set be a dud when it's not out yet... or even revealed?!

payam81
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by payam81 » Sat Oct 08, 2016 9:16 pm

Brick & Blue wrote:
payam81 wrote:
captainrex803 wrote:
How can a set be a dud when it's not out yet... or even revealed?!
It's a case of IMO. Yellow submarine is a dud for me but I'm willing to bet it will be at best something like Big Bang sales wise. Guess time will tell.

Brickbuilder0937
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator

Post by Brickbuilder0937 » Sat Oct 08, 2016 11:38 pm

This was the one project that I was hoping would be picked above all the others. I didn't actually expect it to pass review so I was pleasantly surprised. I plan in getting two of this set even if it turns out to be priced similar to the modular sets.