Lord of the Rings Minas Tirith Reaches 10 000 LEGO Ideas Supporters

Every week, a LEGO(My Own Creation) posted here will be featured on our front page. Got a cool creation? Share it! This is also the place to share your building tips and ideas as well as LEGO IDEAS.
Toys N Bricks
Administrator
Administrator

Lord of the Rings Minas Tirith Reaches 10 000 LEGO Ideas Supporters

Post by Toys N Bricks » Sat Nov 22, 2014 1:07 pm

The latest creation to achieve 10 000 supporters is Lord of the Rings Set: Minas Tirith by NujuMetru. Congrats! More details regarding this creation can be found on the official LEGO Ideas page.

Article Link: http://toysnbricks.com/lord-of-the-ring ... upporters/
Toys N Bricks
A LEGO Fan Community. Like us on FaceBook and follow us on Twitter!

gnoosh
I'm New !

Re: Lord of the Rings Minas Tirith Reaches 10 000 LEGO Ideas

Post by gnoosh » Sat Nov 22, 2014 9:18 pm

Always glad to see a set reach 10,000! However, I don't think this is a first-rate project. I think in compromising between the totality of a massive MT and a manageable set, it suffers from a lack of detail, and there's too much white, which comes off as bland. I think instead picking a scene and sole setting, say, the siege w/Grond or the coronation with a nice looking flowered tree, is probably a better way to make an MT kit succeed. Else you need more bricks than anyone can handle. This is both too little and too much.

Ideas projects are also overdone with licenses, which can skew the voting away from the actual quality of the set.

SpaceNinjaDino
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Re: Lord of the Rings Minas Tirith Reaches 10 000 LEGO Ideas

Post by SpaceNinjaDino » Wed Nov 26, 2014 4:14 pm

I agree that the set as-is would not be nice, but a good design of this set would be amazing.
My personal wish is for them to use microfigs from the game series and build to that scale. (The LOTR Helm's Deep LEGO board game had amazing microfigs. Sadly not sold in the states, I spent a small fortune buying several from overseas. I was paying up to $75 each, but now you can get them for $31 + shipping.)

I'm sure what would happen is if this gets approved is that they'll focus on a section of the castle and make that shine as gnoosh suggests. With the minifig Helm's Deep, if you bought several copies plus Uruk-hai Armies, you could make a cool superset.