LEGO Rocket Racoon Minifigure Available at TRU USA for $4.99

Discuss about retailers that carries LEGO products here! Got a LEGO Product Find or Polybag Find from a store? Share it with us. It can be a new or even a really old retired set!
Mantisking
Top Forum Contributor
Top Forum Contributor

Re: LEGO Rocket Racoon Minifigure Available at TRU USA for $

Post by Mantisking » Wed Nov 19, 2014 8:42 pm

The Northborough, MA store had the Rocket Raccoon poly out on a sidekick in the Lego section.

vynsane
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator

Post by vynsane » Thu Nov 20, 2014 6:47 am

Couldn't find any on the floor at my local TRU. When I inquired about them, the employee said they had them in the manager's office, because it's part of a promotion that's supposed to be going on this Saturday, but they weren't sure what that promotion actually entailed. Apparently, since the poly has a monetary value in the system, if it gets put out on the floor (even if it's not supposed to be) they have to honor the sale of the item.
ALL HAIL THE BLACTRON EMPIRE!

Flickr Photostream | Dropbox - LDD files and instruction archive

dendo76
I'm New !

Post by dendo76 » Thu Nov 20, 2014 4:03 pm

So I have been checking at both TRU locations in Chattanooga, TN every day for a week to find Rocket Raccoon. I asked numerous times about it and was consistently told it would be out on 11/21. I almost didn't check today, but I am glad I did because it was there! Out on a shelf with other polybags. There were only about 20 left, so I grabbed the 8 I needed - left the rest for others. If I had waited until tomorrow, they would have all been gone and I would have raised Cain with the manager!

No sign of the Ninjago polybag.

StClair
Count
Count

Post by StClair » Thu Nov 20, 2014 5:20 pm

Here's a link to TRU advert.. http://weeklyad.toysrus.com/ToysRUs/Bro ... ViewMode=2 According to this if you purchase $30 or more on LEGO items you get a free Rocket Raccoon polybag (only on Friday Nov 21 or Saturday Nov 22). I'm glad that I was able purchase mine on the shelf earlier this week. Hopefully others that were unsuccessful will have better luck Friday or Saturday with a purchase. By then hopefully workers will know whats going on and have the polybags on hand.

vynsane
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator

Post by vynsane » Thu Nov 20, 2014 5:27 pm

^ Thanks for the info! Hopefully I'll be able to get there tomorrow.

lordoflego
Knight
Knight

Post by lordoflego » Thu Nov 20, 2014 6:51 pm

Here's the funny part (to me at least), we all hear that this store sells raccoons without limits, another toysrus I visited had limit of 2, I also heard that some people were told to spend $30 to get the raccoon, and that stores are not suppose to sell it, or not suppose to sell it YET, but last night when I went to toysrus, lego people were there (not toysrus employes, but lego people who stock toysrus shelves with lego company badges) and most of the raccoons were in shopping cart right by them (they were stocking and restocking lego shelves). I waited for them not to be around that cart with raccoons and I grabbed around 50 and went fast to cashier and walked out. Now, I came back few hours later to the same store (I got 131 of the raccoons at that time) all the raccoons bags had the little plastic sticky hooks and were hanging just like all other polybags....so, if toysrus was not to sell them yet, or limit how many can be bought, wouldn't those lego people pull them of the shelves? Instead of attaching hooks to them? I just don't know anymore....
VENI VIDI VICI

BrickFan1982
Citizen
Citizen

Post by BrickFan1982 » Thu Nov 20, 2014 8:49 pm

Went back to TRU today, found a bin full of Gareths by the LEGO isle, grabbed my 7 and my free mini shellraiser and got my TRU credit card 10% off because its Thursday. At the checkout i heard the manager tell the new temp employee that the 10% off for using the card was also good on saturdays this month, so im gonna go back to get 7 more rockets and another shellraiser on saturday since they have plenty left.

Toys N Bricks
Administrator
Administrator

[USA] LEGO 5002145 Rocket Raccoon: FREE with $30 LEGO Purchase

Post by Toys N Bricks » Thu Nov 20, 2014 9:21 pm

After all the inconsistency with some stores selling the Rocket Raccoon for $4.99 and some stores not selling them till November 21/22, the flyer now has an official ad for the highly sought after LEGO Guardians of the Galaxy Super Heroes Rocket Raccoon minifigure 5002145 .

Spend $30 or more on LEGO Construction sets and you can get him free! This is similar to the Canadian promotion that happened a few weeks ago. Thanks to Nickdude15 for writing in and forum member StClair for the news.

Article Link: http://toysnbricks.com/usa-lego-5002145 ... -purchase/
Toys N Bricks
A LEGO Fan Community. Like us on FaceBook and follow us on Twitter!

BrickFan1982
Citizen
Citizen

Post by BrickFan1982 » Thu Nov 20, 2014 9:38 pm

StClair wrote:Here's a link to TRU advert.. http://weeklyad.toysrus.com/ToysRUs/Bro ... ViewMode=2 According to this if you purchase $30 or more on LEGO items you get a free Rocket Raccoon polybag (only on Friday Nov 21 or Saturday Nov 22). I'm glad that I was able purchase mine on the shelf earlier this week. Hopefully others that were unsuccessful will have better luck Friday or Saturday with a purchase. By then hopefully workers will know whats going on and have the polybags on hand.
So right after reading this I sped back to TRU nad bought 7 more, just in case that was my last chance... got another shellraiser as well... thanks for the heads up

iccarus
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by iccarus » Fri Nov 21, 2014 11:16 am

What is the start date on that ad?
Check out my blog - Buried in Bricks

vynsane
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator

Post by vynsane » Fri Nov 21, 2014 11:49 am

^ Today. The promo runs through tomorrow.

MakoSlade
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by MakoSlade » Fri Nov 21, 2014 1:25 pm

The TRU in Union, NJ on Route 82 had a ton of these behind the Customer Service desk for $4.99 each, limit 6. They also had the new Ninjago poly bag with the two figures for $4.99 and the Mikey's Shellraiser (also behind the CS desk) for free with $30.00 spent. I got six of each and a free Mikey with each...they let the special go for $29.94 spent. Not too bad...

They had tons of these available too, over 50 at least.

vynsane
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator

Post by vynsane » Fri Nov 21, 2014 10:11 pm

Got mine tonight, via the free w/$30 purchase promo. Decided on Ninjago Golden Dragon as it was only $2 above MSRP. In retrospect, I could have just purchased a bunch of other polybags to reach $30, including the Ninjago Brown Ninja vs. Nindroid one, which was in a wire basket at the end of the LEGO aisle. But I've wanted Golden Dragon for a while and figured this was a good opportunity.

Marcus70
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by Marcus70 » Sat Nov 22, 2014 11:08 am

Talked to the local store manager, and they sold me two Rocket raccoon individually, without the silly construction set purchases. :) Happy to get them, as they were already running low at my store and don't think will last beyond the 2 day promo.

Katra
I'm New !

Post by Katra » Sat Nov 22, 2014 12:08 pm

Eugene OR store seems to have not got any. At least the employees didn't know anything about them.

BrickFan1982
Citizen
Citizen

Post by BrickFan1982 » Sat Nov 22, 2014 9:18 pm

I went back to TRU today to use my 15% off coupon plus my 10% for using the TRU Credit card. I looked for raccoons and there were none left, so I got 7 more Gareths and a free shellraiser for $29 with tax

SpaceNinjaDino
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by SpaceNinjaDino » Sun Nov 23, 2014 1:01 pm

My TRU was super protective of the Rocket Raccoon. They kept them hidden under the service desk. Limit of one. No advertisement. They were not even sure if they had any left on Friday afternoon.
I wonder if it was because there was drama with the Bricktober. By the 4th week, there was a strict limit of one. In week 1 & 2, I knew someone who bought 10 of each. I wanted four of each week, but couldn't get more than two of week 4. But on Friday, I found four on the shelf and was able to buy my last two without resorting to Bricklink ($30 each + shipping).

guppy
I'm New !

Post by guppy » Sun Nov 23, 2014 1:35 pm

Got this to stack with the ninja turtles poly bag promo as well as rocket racoon promo. Picked up 11 for price of 9!

echobanzai
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by echobanzai » Wed Nov 26, 2014 12:00 am

toys r us in paramus on route 4 had about 10 rocket racoons left on the floor, and an entire box of brown ninjagos.

maybe they had more in the back, who knows.

i was there at 10:45pm, so im assuming tomorrow morning someone should be able to get them if they get there early.

Eek
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by Eek » Mon Dec 01, 2014 4:54 am

Now available online. Free shipping on LEGO today.