Mcfarlane Toys Game of Thrones building sets and blind bags?

The place for General LEGO Discussions such as the LEGO website, video games, movie, general LEGO inquries and everything else not included in our forums.
StClair
Count
Count

Mcfarlane Toys Game of Thrones building sets and blind bags?

Post by StClair » Sat Feb 13, 2016 11:24 am

I was not interested in the Walking Dead sets being produced by McFarlane toys BUT when I discovered that they have also started producing Game of Thrones items I had to see details online. I still doubt that I'll buy them but they would make adequate displays for those that love Game of Thrones and building things. There's a small throne room display which actually looks really nice for about $25-$30.
GOT_IRON_THRONE_TMT.jpg
Also they have Banner Packs which has a display with banner for a corresponding family and 2 warriors. The family logo's are printed really nicely on plastic banners and I could easily see some collecting each pack for each family and displaying them.
got_starkbannerpack_a_5b1_5d.jpg
Apparently they also have mystery bags with figures but I don't like them. They aren't very poseable and while they are much more detailed than LEGO they don't look good enough to justify loss of articulation.
GOT_BBS1_Group.jpg
Even though I don't like the figures I do like the overall appearance of the finished Throne room. It would make a great display. It makes me very sad knowing that LEGO will probably never produce Game of Thrones sets.
Here's a speed build of the Throne room on mcfarlane toys website
UPDATE: here's a direct link to the speedbuild (the second link shows pics and the video on official site)
https://vimeo.com/141568929
http://mcfarlane.com/toys/iron-throne-room/

It does look as though the figure is removable from the throne. Also I discovered that the throne room is currently $15 at Gamestop. Hmmm.... what to do
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.