Kre-O Transformers Toy Fair Report

The place for General LEGO Discussions such as the LEGO website, video games, movie, general LEGO inquries and everything else not included in our forums.
vynsane
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator

Kre-O Transformers Toy Fair Report

Post by vynsane » Tue Feb 17, 2015 7:22 pm

The main display for the Kre-O Transformers featured the Battlechangers line, Custom Kreons, and Series 2 and 3 of the Kreon Warriors collectible blind bags.

ImageKre-O display by vynsane, on Flickr

Bumblebee Disc Demolisher

ImageBumblebee Disc Demolisher by vynsane, on Flickr

Battlechangers

The Battlechangers consists of Optimus Prime, Bumblebee, Shockwave, Starscream, Grimlock and Hound as well as two triple-changers, Drift and Blitzwing. The interesting thing about these is that they are designed to transform between modes as opposed to rebuilt.

Optimus Prime

Optimus Prime by vynsane, on Flickr

Optimus Prime by vynsane, on Flickr

Bumblebee

Bumblebee by vynsane, on Flickr

Shockwave

Shockwave by vynsane, on Flickr

Shockwave by vynsane, on Flickr

Grimlock

Grimlock by vynsane, on Flickr

Grimlock by vynsane, on Flickr

Hound

Hound by vynsane, on Flickr

Hound by vynsane, on Flickr

Drift

Autobot Drift triplechanger by vynsane, on Flickr

Autobot Drift triplechanger by vynsane, on Flickr

Blitzwing

Decepticon Blitzwing triplechanger by vynsane, on Flickr

Custom Kreons

Optimus Prime

Custom Kreon Optimus by vynsane, on Flickr

Steeljaw and Grimlock

Custom Kreon Steeljaw and Grimlock by vynsane, on Flickr

Kreon Warriors

Kreon Warriors are the collectible blind-packed bagged Kreon figures.

Collectible Kreons by vynsane, on Flickr

Collectible Kreons by vynsane, on Flickr
ALL HAIL THE BLACTRON EMPIRE!

Flickr Photostream | Dropbox - LDD files and instruction archive

coo1breeze
I'm New !

Re: Kre-O Transformers Toy Fair Report

Post by coo1breeze » Tue Feb 17, 2015 8:03 pm

Love KRE-O - those Transformers look good. But I'm DYING for more G.I. Joe waves!! So many awesome characters and unique vehicles in the pantheon, and Hasbro has barely scratched the surface of it so far. They could easily get 4 more full waves out of the GI Joe universe. Joe HQ, the USS Flagg aircraft carrier, Destro's Iron Grenadier army, Cobra island, silent castle, etc etc etc.

Mantisking
Top Forum Contributor
Top Forum Contributor

Post by Mantisking » Tue Feb 17, 2015 10:24 pm

Thanks for posting these. I can't wait for the Battlechangers. Look at that Plate 1x2 w/Double Bars (open ends) on Shockwave!

kor
I'm New !

Post by kor » Wed Feb 18, 2015 9:21 am

coo1breeze wrote:Love KRE-O - those Transformers look good. But I'm DYING for more G.I. Joe waves!! So many awesome characters and unique vehicles in the pantheon, and Hasbro has barely scratched the surface of it so far. They could easily get 4 more full waves out of the GI Joe universe. Joe HQ, the USS Flagg aircraft carrier, Destro's Iron Grenadier army, Cobra island, silent castle, etc etc etc.
I'm with you on this! There hasn't been any news in a while though so it looks like the line might be dead. I'm really hoping I get proved wrong!

vynsane
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator

Post by vynsane » Wed Feb 18, 2015 9:54 am

Sorry to say I didn't see any G.I. Joe Kre-O on display... Come to think that f it, I didn't see ANY G.I. Joe on display.

Minitrue
Peasant
Peasant

Post by Minitrue » Wed Feb 18, 2015 6:37 pm

I will be truly bummed if the GI Joe Kreo line goes away… I love those things!

coo1breeze
I'm New !

Post by coo1breeze » Wed Feb 18, 2015 6:45 pm

Let's hope Hasbro announces there'll be more KREO at the JoeCon in April. http://www.gijoecon.com/il2015/

swogat
I'm New !

Post by swogat » Wed Feb 18, 2015 7:52 pm

I presume there were no dungeons and dragons either?

vynsane
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator

Post by vynsane » Thu Feb 19, 2015 7:22 pm

No, I didn't see any D&D either, sorry!

I was given two Kreon Warriors from collection 2 during my visit to the Hasbro exhibition. They are blind-packed like LEGO Collectible Minifigures.

Kreon Warriors packaging by vynsane, on Flickr

One interesting aspect is that they're packaged in a clear plastic bag inside the main bag, which will make feeling for signature pieces harder.

Kreon Warriors interior packaging by vynsane, on Flickr

Each includes a simple instruction sheet as well as the pieces. Each one includes a 4x3 baseplate with two rows of studs as well as the Kre-O logo:

Kreon Warriors Hound instructions and pieces by vynsane, on Flickr

Kreon Warriors Megatron instructions and pieces by vynsane, on Flickr

The two figures I ended up with were Hound and Megatron, each in a "wild west" theme which is quirky in a fun way.

Kreon Warriors Hound and Megatron by vynsane, on Flickr

Kreon Warriors Hound by vynsane, on Flickr

Kreon Warriors Megatron by vynsane, on Flickr

Kreon Warriors Megatron without mask by vynsane, on Flickr

They're basically exactly the same height as a LEGO Minifigure. Plus, all three of them have basically the same facial expression. By design the Kreon figure has more articulation, with ball-jointed shoulders and hips as well as a single swivel-point where the hips connect to the torso.

Kreon Warriors compared to LEGO Miniifgure by vynsane, on Flickr

vynsane
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator

Post by vynsane » Wed Feb 25, 2015 7:10 pm

My contact at Hasbro sent me the following product descriptions for the March 2015 offerings in the KRE-O Transformers line:

TRANSFORMERS: ROBOTS IN DISGUISE, premiering on Cartoon Network in March 2015, features a brand new chapter in the history of the world-famous TRANSFORMERS franchise. Featuring BUMBLEBEE as the leader of a team of young AUTOBOTS, the series features the new team of TRANSFORMERS saving the Earth from the menace of STEELJAW and an all new group of wild and dangerous DECEPTICONS!

The KRE-O TRANSFORMERS construction sets based on TRANSFORMERS: ROBOTS IN DISGUISE feature CAPTURE PODS, letting kids create awesome battles featuring the fun chase and capture excitement of the new animated series. Also new for 2015, KRE-O TRANSFORMERS KREON WARRIORS feature classic TRANSFORMERS characters disguised as legendary warriors of days past! And KRE-O TRANSFORMERS KREON BATTLE CHANGERS let kids build a KREON figure in robot mode, then convert it to vehicle mode without taking it apart!

Kreon Warriors

KRE-O TRANSFORMERS: ROBOTS IN DISGUISE KREON WARRIORS Blind Bag Assortment
(Ages 6 years & up/Available: Spring 2015)
Build your KREON Warrior army with legendary TRANSFORMERS characters! Each KRE-O TRANSFORMERS KREON WARRIOR figure is a Transformers robot disguised as a legendary warrior of days past and comes with weapons for exciting battles. Get characters like SAMURAI OPTIMUS PRIME and GLADIATOR BUMBLEBEE (each figure sold separately) and let the battle begin! Product does not convert.

Custom Kreons

KRE-O TRANSFORMERS: ROBOTS IN DISGUISE CUSTOM KREONS Assortment
Collect your favorite TRANSFORMERS characters in KREON form, then customize them your way! Each KRE-O TRANSFORMERS CUSTOM KREON set comes with one iconic TRANSFORMERS KREON character from the new animated series TRANSFORMERS: ROBOTS IN DISGUISE with more than 20 additional parts, including pieces with metallic deco! Choose from OPTIMUS PRIME, BUMBLEBEE, GRIMLOCK and STEELJAW, each sold separately. Product does not convert.

Kreon Battle Changers

KRE-O TRANSFORMERS KREON BATTLE CHANGERS Assortment
Build an awesome KREON figure in 1 of 2 modes with these sets based on classic TRANSFORMERS characters! You can use the pieces in these sets to build a KREON figure in robot mode, then convert the figure to vehicle mode without taking it apart! Choose from OPTIMUS PRIME, BUMBLEBEE, STARSCREAM and GRIMLOCK, each sold separately.

KRE-O TRANSFORMERS KREON BATTLE CHANGERS VS. PACK Assortment
Build two awesome KREON figures in 1 of 2 modes then have them face off with these sets based on classic TRANSFORMERS characters! You can use the pieces in these sets to build two KREON figures in robot mode, then convert the figures to vehicle mode without taking them apart! Choose from OPTIMUS PRIME VS. MEGATRON and RATCHET VS. SOUNDWAVE, each sold separately.

Robots in Disguise

KRE-O TRANSFORMERS: ROBOTS IN DISGUISE OPTIMUS PRIME BEAST BLASTER Set
Build your own TRANSFORMERS: ROBOTS IN DISGUISE adventures with this awesome KRE-O TRANSFORMERS construction set! You can use the KRE-O bricks to build the OPTIMUS PRIME truck and DECPTICON hovercraft. OPTIMUS PRIME truck features a secret reveal missile launcher and dual cannons that flip down for battle with the included DECEPTICON hovercraft mini-vehicle. Comes with OPTIMUS PRIME KREON and DECEPTICON FRACTURE, AIRAZOR and DIVEBOMB KREONS and one CAPTURE POD. Contains 247 pieces. Take the action to your mobile device. Download the TRANSFORMERS: ROBOTS IN DISGUISE app to your digital device, then scan the shield to unlock in-game currency. Scan the instructions to unlock in-game characters. Product does not convert.

KRE-O TRANSFORMERS: ROBOTS IN DISGUISE UNDERBITE JET PACK TAKEDOWN Set
Build your own TRANSFORMERS: ROBOTS IN DISGUISE adventures with this awesome KRE-O TRANSFORMERS construction set! You can use the KRE-O bricks to build the terrifying UNDERBITE DECEPTICON BEAST with claws, a chomping jaw and a missile launcher, plus an OPTIMUS PRIME KREON with Jet Pack and dual missile launchers. Comes with OPTIMUS PRIME KREON and DECEPTICON UNDERBITE and PED KREONS and one CAPTURE POD. Contains 189 pieces. Take the action to your mobile device. Download the TRANSFORMERS: ROBOTS IN DISGUISE app to your digital device, then scan the shield to unlock in-game currency. Scan the instructions to unlock in-game characters. Product does not convert.

KRE-O TRANSFORMERS: ROBOTS IN DISGUISE BUMBLEBEE DISC DEMOLISHER Set
Build your own TRANSFORMERS: ROBOTS IN DISGUISE adventures with this awesome KRE-O TRANSFORMERS construction set! You can use the KRE-O bricks to build your own BUMBLEBEE armored sports car with dual cannons and a secret reveal plasma disc blaster! Comes with BUMBLEBEE KREON and DECEPTICON CLAMPDOWN and BISK KREONS and one CAPTURE POD. Contains 186 pieces. Take the action to your mobile device. Download the TRANSFORMERS: ROBOTS IN DISGUISE app to your digital device, then scan the shield to unlock in-game currency. Scan the instructions to unlock in-game characters. Product does not convert.

KRE-O TRANSFORMERS: ROBOTS IN DISGUISE STRONGARM CAPTURE CRUISER Set
Build your own TRANSFORMERS: ROBOTS IN DISGUISE adventures with this awesome KRE-O TRANSFORMERS construction set! You can use the KRE-O bricks to build this awesome Capture Cruiser vehicle with 2 front cannons and a capture claw. Comes with STRONGARM and SPRINGLOAD KREONS and one CAPTURE POD. Contains 105 pieces. Take the action to your mobile device. Download the TRANSFORMERS: ROBOTS IN DISGUISE app to your digital device, then scan the shield to unlock in-game currency. Scan the instructions to unlock in-game characters. Product does not convert.

KRE-O TRANSFORMERS: ROBOTS IN DISGUISE SIDESWIPE ROADWAY RUNDOWN Set
Build your own TRANSFORMERS: ROBOTS IN DISGUISE adventures with this awesome KRE-O TRANSFORMERS construction set! You can use the KRE-O bricks to build this awesome SIDESWIPE sports car with 2 front cannons and a capture claw. Comes with SIDESWIPE and HAMMERSTRIKE KREONS and one CAPTURE POD. Contains 98 pieces. Take the action to your mobile device. Download the TRANSFORMERS: ROBOTS IN DISGUISE app to your digital device, then scan the shield to unlock in-game currency. Scan the instructions to unlock in-game characters. Product does not convert.

KRE-O TRANSFORMERS: ROBOTS IN DISGUISE GRIMLOCK FIREBLAST ASSAULT Set
Build your down TRANSFORMERS: ROBOTS IN DISGUISE dino battle with this awesome GRIMLOCK FIREBLAST ASSAULT set! You can use the KRE-O bricks to build a GRIMLOCK dino. Load the mouth with a “fireball” and then pinch back of head to blast Decepticons with a fun fireball assault. Comes with GRIMLOCK, TERRASHOCK and DECEPTICON CHOPSHOP KREONS and one CAPTURE POD. Contains 161 pieces. Take the action to your mobile device. Download the TRANSFORMERS: ROBOTS IN DISGUISE app to your digital device, then scan the shield to unlock in-game currency. Scan the instructions to unlock in-game characters. Product does not convert.

opa_tj
I'm New !

Post by opa_tj » Tue Mar 17, 2015 8:13 pm

Shockwave and grimlock looks cool. Nice