Walmart winter/spring clearance 2015

Share your LEGO Sales and LEGO Deals Finds here.
Forum rules
Please remember that Store Pricing topics should be placed in the "Retailer Discussions" Forum. If you find new LEGO products (and not on sale), please post in the "LEGO Availability" Forum.
logan5ive
I'm New !

Re: Walmart winter/spring clearance 2015

Post by logan5ive » Tue Mar 03, 2015 1:32 pm

$12, $12, $12!!!

jmeninno
Knight
Knight

Post by jmeninno » Tue Mar 03, 2015 2:31 pm

HOLY COW $12!!!

Brick & Blue
Count
Count

Post by Brick & Blue » Tue Mar 03, 2015 2:48 pm

tensider wrote:Really? It wouldn't fit into one of those flat rate USPS boxes?

Also: I hate my walmarts so much. Went to two stores at lunch. Both supposedly had Spaceship Spaceship in stock. At one store they at least walked around with me to look at the shelves, then called the other store to see if they had it in stock. When I got to the second store, the guy rearranging toys tried to tell me that he couldn't help me. When I forced the issue he said if it wasn't visible, it wasn't in stock. I went to customer service and they told me exactly the same thing. Not even an offer to walk to restock in the back. Such an attitude of "if it's not dead simple, it's not worth doing"
I doubt I'll even go to the Walmart with the $40, but unless I deboxed the set the biggest USPS flat rate box I think is now $16-$17. $16+$44=$60, you would be saving $9, and I'd be out $3 for the bus ride to the station, so you would save $5.

You have never worked retail have you? :lol: The employees of Walmart, probably the worst place to work on the face of the Earth, doesn't have time to be your personal shopper. That said the guy in the toy section should have helped you, at least pretend to look in the back. It is his section.

You really should use the app or mobile site and just order the things for the stores themselves. That way if it's canceled you don't have to go to the store and look.

tensider
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by tensider » Tue Mar 03, 2015 5:27 pm

I understand that they're getting lousy pay for menial work. I have worked retail several times over my life. Each time I gave it my best for the customer, because it gave me satisfaction to help. I guess I also like a challenge. "It says there's only one in the store? I will find it!!"

This guy, I tried to show him the walmart.com page for the product, to say "This. I'm looking for this and here's the UPC." He refused, saying, "I can't find anything without a UPC." When I said "Here. The UPC is HERE." he typed it in, then immediately came back with "My scanner says that it's not on a shelf, and I cannot find something not on a shelf." I didn't want a personal shopper. I wanted him or some other employee to make good on the promise that the website made.

Speaking of -- the website still shows $98 for the set. If I did a store pick up, would they refund the difference?

Re: the Milano. Understood, especially having to do the bus ride. Thanks for breaking down the numbers.

FloridaBrick
Citizen
Citizen

Post by FloridaBrick » Tue Mar 03, 2015 6:54 pm

tensider - on pg 9 I wrote about my experience last Friday at Walmart that should answer your question:

I won’t ever use Ship to Store again. 1 store actually filled my STS orders instead of canceling them like the other stores. But when I showed up they'd put huge stickers all over them! And they used those cable wrap things to tie groups of boxes together, which were too tight and crushed several of the boxes and left pinch marks on the rest. TY very much!

If that wasn’t bad enough, because I did Ship to Store I was charged the online price, which was twice as much for every set. The only reason I went to that freaking store was because of their current clearance prices on actual sets they had in stock. Without willing to waste a trip, there was no way for me to know they were ACTUALLY in stock (as previously explained) unless they responded Ready For Pickup after I ordered through STS. So I went through 3 employees and 2 managers to get everything refunded so that I could buy it again at their lower in store clearance prices. Seriously, I had my own isle and 5 people helping me. What a fiasco!

What should have been 20 minutes took more than an hour. I guess I walked away with some decent deals, but overall not sure if it was worth my time

minifigW
Knight
Knight

Post by minifigW » Tue Mar 03, 2015 8:56 pm

I hit 9 walmarts today, too tired to list them so i will wait untill tomorrow, discounts ranged from 50%-80% off.

Brick & Blue
Count
Count

Post by Brick & Blue » Tue Mar 03, 2015 10:27 pm

FloridaBrick wrote:tensider - on pg 9 I wrote about my experience last Friday at Walmart that should answer your question:

I won’t ever use Ship to Store again. 1 store actually filled my STS orders instead of canceling them like the other stores. But when I showed up they'd put huge stickers all over them! And they used those cable wrap things to tie groups of boxes together, which were too tight and crushed several of the boxes and left pinch marks on the rest. TY very much!

If that wasn’t bad enough, because I did Ship to Store I was charged the online price, which was twice as much for every set. The only reason I went to that freaking store was because of their current clearance prices on actual sets they had in stock. Without willing to waste a trip, there was no way for me to know they were ACTUALLY in stock (as previously explained) unless they responded Ready For Pickup after I ordered through STS. So I went through 3 employees and 2 managers to get everything refunded so that I could buy it again at their lower in store clearance prices. Seriously, I had my own isle and 5 people helping me. What a fiasco!

What should have been 20 minutes took more than an hour. I guess I walked away with some decent deals, but overall not sure if it was worth my time
I think people are confused to how things work.
If you do ship to store you are buying online and shipping it to the store. You still are ordering online, which the sets aren't on clearance. Why should you get the clearance price of the store? That doesn't make sense. I'd buy 100 sets and ship them to the Manchester CT store because $100+ sets are $5 there.

FloridaBrick
Citizen
Citizen

Post by FloridaBrick » Wed Mar 04, 2015 1:11 am

B&B - Perhaps I should have said “Free Store Pickup”, rather than “Site to Store” or “In-Store Pickup”. It’s all the same to me because it’s the same procedure online, and that’s what the sign says at the back of the store where you have to go to pick up your stuff.

Most if not all the sets that everyone’s getting these great deals on are sold out online. They’re whatever individual stores have left in stock to get rid of. BrickSeek (via WM's app) tells me which WMs are SUPPOSED to have 2 or more of a set in stock, as well as what that specific store supposedly is pricing it at.

Someone on this forum helped me realize that if a set is still available online – BrickSeek will only display the WM.com online price for each store, instead of their actual lower store clearance price. But as soon as a set goes out of stock online, BrickSeek will show the lower prices along with specific inventories at each store.

Nothing that I was targeting was available online, so nothing’s getting shipped to the store. I was only using WM’s website and their “Free Store Pickup” to confirm each store’s inventory was the same as what BrickSeek was telling me. 75% of the time the stores will just cancel the orders, because the last several boxes (at least with WMs in my area) will usually go missing. Otherwise, how am I supposed to know which WMs have what, without running my ass all over town? That make senses now?

tensider
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by tensider » Wed Mar 04, 2015 7:07 am

Thank you for relaying your experiences, FloridaBrick. I think it's probably just best for me to let the Benny's Spaceship go from my heart and brain. There will be other sets. Besides, I still have some of the guys and bricks from my original space Legos :-)

Brick & Blue
Count
Count

Post by Brick & Blue » Wed Mar 04, 2015 8:09 am

That's insane Floridabrick! Screw Walmart!

I have two Milanos that I ordered in certain stores, I haven't picked either one up yet, yet they already charged, not pending on my credit card, which I think is wrong. One of them will be canceled (The $40 one in a store that's a pain to get to.) and if Walmart gives me a hard time then screw them. But they did charge me the store clearance price as stated on the Walmart app and not the useless online price.

minifigW
Knight
Knight

Post by minifigW » Wed Mar 04, 2015 11:10 am

Alright, this is my haul from 8-10 walmarts in rual California

Battle of smalville 15.00 (regularly 49.97) x2 :mrgreen:
Mia's magic tricks 5.00 (regularly 9.97) x6
Technic snowmobile 5.00 (regularly 19.97) x2
Small chima hover thing 5.00 (regularly 19.97) x1
Bug destroyer big set thing 49.00 (regularly 79.97) x1 probably one of the last Galaxy squad sets in stores in CA
Small old hero factory bag 5.00 (regularly 9.97) x1
Fire speedorz 4.00 (regularly 12.97) x1
Cargo truck 19.00 (regularly 39.97) x1
Hover hunter 5.00 (regularly 12.97) x1
Kari's bike 5.00 (regularly 12.97) x4
Creator cat 9.00 (regularly 19.97) x5
Small freinds polybag (one of newer ones, golf? ) lady at register was nice and marked them down to 2.00 (regularly 3.97) x3
Small freinds polybags (same as above) 3.00 (regularly 3.97) x1
Malono spaceship 35.00 (regularly 74.97) x1
Turtles juniors set 9.00 (regularly 19.97) x1
Hero factory beast set 11.00 (regularly 34.97) x1
I know I'm forgetting some other stuff, but it's proab small sets

What I saw:
Museum break in 49.00 :sad: I really wanted this for my personal collection, if anyone sees these for 30 or less please PM me, we can work something out. (Trades, freebies ect)
Malono 35.00
Old hero factory bag 15.00 was 20
Temple of light 49.00
Stream roller 35.00
Creator cats 15.00
Spyrens cavern 19.00
Fire emergency 30.00
Vulture droid 19.00
Really old freinds polybag 3.97
Movie drop-ship 59.00
Fire temple 89.00
Tons of mech dragons 64-69
Mia's magic 7.00
Life of George loads of these at almost every store for 25.00
Emma's karate 9.97 (really?)
Duel on geonosis 39.97 (this had two tags on top of each other, but scaned at 39.97, I wonder what the other tag was, the actual clearance price?)
Twin blade 15.00

And lots more,

Happy hunting

logan5ive
I'm New !

Post by logan5ive » Wed Mar 04, 2015 12:58 pm

minifigW,
I might can trade you a Museum Break In for a Temple of Light.
John

minifigW
Knight
Knight

Post by minifigW » Wed Mar 04, 2015 2:01 pm

logan5ive wrote:minifigW,
I might can trade you a Museum Break In for a Temple of Light.
John
sadly the walmart that had it is over an two hours away, thanks for the offer though

Slickson
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by Slickson » Wed Mar 04, 2015 4:58 pm

Picked up a
Knowhere Escape Mission 76020 (39.95) for 19.00 last one ... I was stoked

I left a bunch of Furry creatures for $15 and also about 6 Creator mountain huts for 19 ... I'm thinking about going back tomorrow for a Hut if they still have them. I already have one, but it is such a cool set and at 50% you can't beat that.

911diecast
Citizen
Citizen

Post by 911diecast » Wed Mar 04, 2015 8:45 pm

Slickson wrote:Picked up a

I left a bunch of Furry creatures for $15 and also about 6 Creator mountain huts for 19 ... I'm thinking about going back tomorrow for a Hut if they still have them. I already have one, but it is such a cool set and at 50% you can't beat that.

What town was the mountain huts in.

FloridaBrick
Citizen
Citizen

Post by FloridaBrick » Wed Mar 04, 2015 10:55 pm

B&B - now we're on the same page!

Yeah, that's the system they have. Without being there in person, it seems the only way to confirm what they actually have is to agree to buy, if they end up find it. I too was surprised that they already charge my card as a regular sale.

I would really like to know what the difference was between me ordering and getting the online price, and you ordering and getting the clearance price.

WM sucks because of their unreliable stock information, and huge stickers they put on the boxes and the straps that crush them when you order for store pickup.

No one there gave me a hard time. It was just such an exception that it took a small army of WM employees to process. 99 times out of 100 customers are trying to get the online price because it’s lower than the store price, not the other way around. Plus I did 7 individual orders as I tried to locate each set(s), instead of just 1 large order. I obviously used my credit card, but to “return” them they gave me cash. From that I give them back (about half) the cash to buy it at their store price. So my pockets are filling up with wads of cash, coins, receipts, then the girl gives me the wrong change once and already closed the drawer. So they owe me, but I don’t have the exact change, so everyone starts to correct each other’s math. Like I said, 3 employees, 2 managers and my own check out isle. I guess that’s WM for ya.

LegoImagination
Citizen
Citizen

Post by LegoImagination » Thu Mar 05, 2015 2:01 am

minifigW, You saw Milano for $35? Where, oh, where?

BTW, You are very dedicated to this. I am lucky if I can hit the three around here, mostly just the Alicia, and sometime the Spectrum one. But nine, wow. <bows>

Slickson
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by Slickson » Thu Mar 05, 2015 8:00 am

911diecast wrote:
Slickson wrote:Picked up a

What town was the mountain huts in.

Lawrenceville GA

minifigW
Knight
Knight

Post by minifigW » Thu Mar 05, 2015 8:04 am

LegoImagination wrote:minifigW, You saw Milano for $35? Where, oh, where?

BTW, You are very dedicated to this. I am lucky if I can hit the three around here, mostly just the Alicia, and sometime the Spectrum one. But nine, wow. <bows>
Closest I saw the malono was off the 15, but the one in riverside might have some, thanks for the kind words, this is the first time I have ever attempted such a feat!

geoffdude
I'm New !

Post by geoffdude » Thu Mar 05, 2015 10:18 am

That seems real messy -- Not sure that's the process the others are using the app for either. It's not ordering through the App, it's using the App to order through the store. Still, if you got your store to make a price adjustment off a site-to-store order good for you. :up:
FloridaBrick wrote:B&B - now we're on the same page!

Yeah, that's the system they have. Without being there in person, it seems the only way to confirm what they actually have is to agree to buy, if they end up find it. I too was surprised that they already charge my card as a regular sale.

I would really like to know what the difference was between me ordering and getting the online price, and you ordering and getting the clearance price.

WM sucks because of their unreliable stock information, and huge stickers they put on the boxes and the straps that crush them when you order for store pickup.

No one there gave me a hard time. It was just such an exception that it took a small army of WM employees to process. 99 times out of 100 customers are trying to get the online price because it’s lower than the store price, not the other way around. Plus I did 7 individual orders as I tried to locate each set(s), instead of just 1 large order. I obviously used my credit card, but to “return” them they gave me cash. From that I give them back (about half) the cash to buy it at their store price. So my pockets are filling up with wads of cash, coins, receipts, then the girl gives me the wrong change once and already closed the drawer. So they owe me, but I don’t have the exact change, so everyone starts to correct each other’s math. Like I said, 3 employees, 2 managers and my own check out isle. I guess that’s WM for ya.