Toys N Bricks

A LEGO Community with coverage of LEGO Sales, News, MOCs and Reviews.

Lego Brickheadz vs. Mega blok Kubros

The place for General LEGO Discussions such as the LEGO website, video games, movie, general LEGO inquries and everything else not included in our forums.

Lego Brickheadz vs. Mega blok Kubros

Postby rexx » Thu Oct 05, 2017 10:00 am

I avoided Brickheadz thinking they were just too expensive, $13 CAN.

My local Walmart had the Marvel Superheroes Brickheadz on for 50% off so I picked up 4, Captain, Ironman, Hulk, and Widow. I put them together in that order which worked out well since Widow is the more complex. Other than the a few printed pieces, I wasn't really impressed. A coworker kidnapped Hulk but I really don't miss him.

32789662896_69d11b1350_b.jpg

My local Dollar store got in a shipment of the last batch of Kubros for $4 CAN each. I picked up Spock and Terminator. The piece count is almost double the Brickheadz. The build is far more complex and I could tell someone put some thought and effort into the design. They're pose able. They're bigger/taller and more impressive on display next to the Brickheadz. I went back and bought the rest of the set.

Mattel Mega Bloks Kubros series one.jpg

I was thinking that Lego did a poor job on the Brickheadz.

Then I see the Bobba Fett and Carbonite to be released at NY Comicon. I do think they look cool. I'm not planning on spending the small fortune on these.

lego-brickheadz-nycc.jpg

I'll be watching to see what Kubros comes up with next.
    rexx
    Honored Citizen
    Honored Citizen

Re: Lego Brickheadz vs. Mega blok Kubros

Postby Brick & Blue » Fri Oct 06, 2017 6:23 am

I agree. I've been saying this forever but the Brick Heads should be brick built minifigure looking things.

Also what are they supposed to be? A collectable? They are numbered, but nearly half the first year's wave are exclusive. That makes no sense at all.
    Brick & Blue
    Count
    Count

Return to General LEGO Discussions