[Canada] Target 30% off a couple of Lego sets.

This is the LEGO Sales Forum for members from Canada and Europe.
payam81
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Re: [Canada] Target 30% off a couple of Lego sets.

Post by payam81 » Sun Aug 31, 2014 9:35 am

dulait wrote:Or this one.
In a semi-defense of that set though, you do at least get 3 exclusive figs with Eomer having a somewhat significant role in the LOTR story line and extremely unlikely to be redone at some later point. Still a steep price at $40 up here but there is some defense...

On the other hand Beorn in 79011 is very likely to be redone next year for the next movie leaving the "orcs" with some minro variations as the exclusives for that set…

Blacknight
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by Blacknight » Mon Sep 01, 2014 5:50 pm

There's no comparison between those. The older is a great Helm's Deep army builder from the "original trilogy". The new set is a junky looking hobbit prequel set with less figs.

pcdawg
I'm New !

Post by pcdawg » Tue Sep 02, 2014 3:59 pm

TRUKLEDOG_13 wrote:
pcdawg wrote:The destroyer was a one week sale. It's back to the regular price of 149.99 and my local target suddenly has two on the shelf.
did you scan one? I'm sure these still ring at $104.99. IIRC, this sale is supposed to last until September ends the 26th or 28th 20th
You are right, i went back to the store to check and found the sets gone. Hidden in the back was the Price Cut tag. It stated that it will end Sept 18th. I should have grabbed one and scanned when i saw it then as i thought the sale was over. Just some smart@ass decided to hide the sale tag.

Though i did get back $12 by scanning the TMNT Lair as the price dropped down to $30 clearance and getting it adjusted.

Citybrick
I'm New !

Post by Citybrick » Sun Sep 07, 2014 7:00 pm

There were two SD at the Upper Canada Mall location this afternoon. It's not marked down, had to scan it to confirm the 30% discount.

kevsfionn
I'm New !

Post by kevsfionn » Mon Sep 08, 2014 6:26 pm

Good stock of all the 30% off sets at the Leaside store in Toronto. At least 5 or 6 of all items. Ultra Agents stuff has even more stock split across two different shelf locations.

Overall Target seems to have a lot more LEGO stock. The Toronto stores had an aisle and a half set aside for LEGO (not including Friends), now there's at least 3 full aisles including the aisle ends where they're showcasing newer products. They even have more build displays including some new Chima sets.

Definitely worth keeping an eye on for future markdowns.

Enjoy.

Piece_of_Evil
Peasant
Peasant

Post by Piece_of_Evil » Sat Sep 20, 2014 5:21 am

Went to local Target (Milton,Ont) on Fri, Sept.19th, all marked down sets were restocked and the temporary mark down tags, which were removed two days ago,we're reprinted and had the sale date going into Oct! Only one Star Destroyer on shelves, but all others were there, tempted to pick up second "Toxikita" and "Agents HQ", because...sale.

joelones
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by joelones » Sat Sep 20, 2014 7:06 am

Was wondering if anybody spotted the Agents HQ in the MTL area? Can't seem to find it and the Agents theme at all in a couple of my local targets.

dulait
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by dulait » Sat Sep 20, 2014 8:55 am

Piece_of_Evil wrote:Went to local Target (Milton,Ont) on Fri, Sept.19th, all marked down sets were restocked and the temporary mark down tags, which were removed two days ago,we're reprinted and had the sale date going into Oct! Only one Star Destroyer on shelves, but all others were there, tempted to pick up second "Toxikita" and "Agents HQ", because...sale.
Bad news, it would mean no more drops for these sets till after that new date, as someone mentioned, this is not clearance, just a price cut. My advise is, stop buying these if you do not need it, again, if we suck all these up at 30% then why would they need to drop it more? Also, again, this is not clearance, just price cut, so those hanging on to it hoping it will drop more and price adjust? Well, goodluck to them.