21109 Exo Suit - In Stock at Lego Discovery Center

This is the LEGO Sales Forum for members from Canada and Europe.
payam81
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

21109 Exo Suit - In Stock at Lego Discovery Center

Post by payam81 » Sat Aug 09, 2014 8:18 am

Stopped by the Vaughan Discovery Center and to my surprise they had about 30 or so of the set on the shelf. Sadly, no Research Institute though. Don't post on RFD please. Just thought I contribute to out little community who has been great with Sales news etc.

Good luck.

EDIT: BTW, The TRU at Vaughan Mills had two 9492 TIE Fighter sets left at $64. I know they went for $50 or lower at Walmart but they are increasingly a rare sight since being discontinued a while back so thought I mention it anyway as it's in the same mall.

pstaro
I'm New !

Re: 21109 Exo Suit - In Stock at Lego Discovery Center

Post by pstaro » Sun Aug 10, 2014 12:19 pm

The Vaughn LegoLand Discovery Centre is down to five boxes of the LEGO Exo-Suits as of Sunday August 10, 2014. As for the LEGO Research Institute, they didn't receive the shipment yet, so if you still didn't pick one up, make sure to drop by or give them a call in the coming week(s).

payam81
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

21110 - Research Institute

Post by payam81 » Tue Aug 12, 2014 6:27 pm

An Update on the other ideas set, the 21110 - Research Institute:

The Lego Store @ Yorkdale Mall (Toronto) came through today. I had called and placed my name on their waiting list and today they called me to let me know they had received another shipment of the set and were holding it for me.

When I picked up the set I asked if they were expecting more shipment and they said no idea but it appears it may be unlikely unfortunately. Also, they whole lot they received went to the folks on the waiting list so there were none on the floor. The hold expires tomorrow night so if you would like to give it a try, call on Thursday morning to see if anyone failed to pick up their set.

Good luck.

Blacknight
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by Blacknight » Tue Aug 12, 2014 8:47 pm

Aside from the dinosaur skeleton which can be reproduced fairly easily, I'm not sure what makes that research institute (cough "female minifig pack") worth chasing after.

I suppose it could be useful if Lego ever makes a museum as a modular building, but you just know it would come with a larger T-Rex skeleton anyhow.

vynsane
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator

Post by vynsane » Wed Aug 13, 2014 6:16 am

Blacknight wrote:Aside from the dinosaur skeleton which can be reproduced fairly easily, I'm not sure what makes that research institute (cough "female minifig pack") worth chasing after.
Well, the dinosaur skeleton might not be the easiest to reproduce, since the tail is a brand-new color of the spider leg from Chima only available in this set for the time-being. The lab coat minifigure torso is also unique to this set.

But honestly, we all know the real draw - the apparent rarity of the set as well as the overall concept behind it. I know I wanted my daughter to have this set to help inspire her creatively and academically.
ALL HAIL THE BLACTRON EMPIRE!

Flickr Photostream | Dropbox - LDD files and instruction archive

payam81
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by payam81 » Wed Aug 13, 2014 6:54 pm

Just and update from the Legoland Discovery Center @ Vaughan Mills:

As expected, they are OOS on the Exo Suit and have no ETA on the Research Institute or whether they would get it or not. Funny thing is I noticed they had also removed all the ECTO-1 sets as well but I assume they just moved them elsewhere that I didn't notice in my quick browse, either that or some mad scalpers bought them all out :lol:. Picked up a couple of decent polybags though.

payam81
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by payam81 » Sat Aug 16, 2014 7:06 am

Another update:

Sighted three Exo-Suits at the TRU Richmond Hill. I picked up one but left the other two hopefully for regular folks and not the BP scalpers.

Good luck.

swills
Peasant
Peasant

Post by swills » Sat Aug 16, 2014 7:39 am

I also found it at my local Mastermind toys as well. they have Ecto-1 also and generally a better overall selection than my local TRU.

clock
I'm New !

Post by clock » Sat Aug 30, 2014 2:13 pm

Just got a set from vaughan mills discovery center today, they have at least 40 boxes on the shelf. Good luck.

dulait
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by dulait » Sat Aug 30, 2014 2:34 pm

clock wrote:Just got a set from vaughan mills discovery center today, they have at least 40 boxes on the shelf. Good luck.
Half of them returns from sellers whom cannot unload. Ok, kidding aside, this set really is not worth the buzz. If this is the new green lantern set with a limited run THEN I can see why people are sucking them up like it is worth $100.

massakassa
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by massakassa » Sat Aug 30, 2014 3:57 pm

I once had a couple in my cart at the Mastermind website and was about to check out but then changed my mind because i didn't really want to waste my money on this set, its over hyped and the secondary market is swarming with it.

PalaceBrother
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by PalaceBrother » Sun Aug 31, 2014 1:43 am

Mastermind has had them in their brick and mortar stores for a few weeks now; I don't think there is a risk of this one going the route of the Research Institute or Rover. It's kind of a weak set outside of the figures.

clock
I'm New !

Post by clock » Sun Aug 31, 2014 5:02 pm

Sorry guys, as I don't usually post, I thought I could contribute back by helping the minority who like this set and didn't have chance to get it when they release. They are still oos in Toronto's lego stores and the three TRUs near by. And it is $2.25 cheaper (VIP -5%) @Discovery center, so why not :lol:

payam81
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by payam81 » Sun Aug 31, 2014 8:13 pm

clock wrote:Sorry guys, as I don't usually post, I thought I could contribute back by helping the minority who like this set and didn't have chance to get it when they release. They are still oos in Toronto's lego stores and the three TRUs near by. And it is $2.25 cheaper (VIP -5%) @Discovery center, so why not :lol:
You can't get VIP points at the Discovery Center.

clock
I'm New !

Post by clock » Mon Sep 01, 2014 4:46 am

payam81 wrote: You can't get VIP points at the Discovery Center.
Correct and they don't have the regular promo (like free Chima poly set with $50+ purchase). However, by showing them the VIP card, you will receive 5% discount instantly.

payam81
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by payam81 » Mon Sep 01, 2014 7:32 am

clock wrote:
Correct and they don't have the regular promo (like free Chima poly set with $50+ purchase). However, by showing them the VIP card, you will receive 5% discount instantly.
That's interesting, I didn't know this. Has it always been like this?

dulait
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by dulait » Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:03 am

payam81 wrote:
clock wrote:
Yes, since day 1.

payam81
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by payam81 » Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:15 am

dulait wrote:
payam81 wrote:
clock wrote:
Yes, since day 1.
Darn think of all the 5% I've lost on the polybags… :what?:

CLMF Bricks
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by CLMF Bricks » Wed Oct 15, 2014 4:37 pm

Also, the last time I visited LDC, they had lots of Exosuits and also had Exo Suits in TRU next door.