Toys R Us - August 20% Sale

This is the LEGO Sales Forum for members from Canada and Europe.
styledshadow
Citizen
Citizen

Toys R Us - August 20% Sale

Post by styledshadow » Thu Jul 31, 2014 9:54 am

In tomorrow's new flyer, TRU is listing a 20% sale for the month of August on 'select' City, Movie, Star Wars and Super Heroes sets.

Seems like Guardians of the Galaxy sets aren't part of the promo, as one of the sets is listed in the flyer at regular price. Probably excludes some of the pricier sets too, in keeping with TRU US Lego sales...(like BOGO 40% off).

Still, not a bad sale, if pretty standard. Might be a great time to keep a close eye on Target and Wal-Mart and some of the smaller guys to see how they compete...

QuagsireQing
Knight
Knight

Re: Toys R Us - August 20% Sale

Post by QuagsireQing » Thu Jul 31, 2014 9:55 pm

If it doesn't rain it pours. So many new sets to get in August, and 20% off those last few LEGO Movie sets I've been meaning to pick up...I won't have any money left over for Bricktober!

hatcher
Count
Count
Location: Barrie, Ontario, Canada (aka The Great White North)

Post by hatcher » Fri Aug 01, 2014 4:28 am

Brictober has been a massive let down for me that last couple of years. I don't think I bought anything last year, the sales were so lame.

If you can get up to the Cookstown outlet mall (on the 400 between Barrie and Toronto) you can get a 20% off couple and go to the Toys R Us express there. Of course they don't carry every LEGO set that a full TRU does, but its something.
Who is General Failure and why is he reading my hard disk?

QuagsireQing
Knight
Knight

Post by QuagsireQing » Fri Aug 01, 2014 6:58 am

Sale excludes Benny's Spaceship Spaceship SPACESHIP!, which I've been holding off buying specifically for a TRU 20% off sale. I expected MetalBeard's Sea Cow not to qualify, but c'mon, Benny's Spaceship isn't even an exclusive.

PalaceBrother
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by PalaceBrother » Fri Aug 01, 2014 7:17 am

hatcher wrote:Brictober has been a massive let down for me that last couple of years. I don't think I bought anything last year, the sales were so lame.

If you can get up to the Cookstown outlet mall (on the 400 between Barrie and Toronto) you can get a 20% off couple and go to the Toys R Us express there. Of course they don't carry every LEGO set that a full TRU does, but its something.
Can you explain the Cookstown thing? Do they have a unique coupon or something?

I drive by there every few weeks.

massakassa
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by massakassa » Fri Aug 01, 2014 7:33 am

QuagsireQing wrote:Sale excludes Benny's Spaceship Spaceship SPACESHIP!, which I've been holding off buying specifically for a TRU 20% off sale. I expected MetalBeard's Sea Cow not to qualify, but c'mon, Benny's Spaceship isn't even an exclusive.
Benny`s Spaceship is too recent, they will discount it in a few months probably.

QuagsireQing
Knight
Knight

Post by QuagsireQing » Fri Aug 01, 2014 8:41 am

massakassa wrote:
QuagsireQing wrote:Sale excludes Benny's Spaceship Spaceship SPACESHIP!, which I've been holding off buying specifically for a TRU 20% off sale. I expected MetalBeard's Sea Cow not to qualify, but c'mon, Benny's Spaceship isn't even an exclusive.
Benny`s Spaceship is too recent, they will discount it in a few months probably.
I guess so; Emmet's Construct-o-Mech isn't on sale, either. Well, that's a couple hundred dollars saved, then.

Elkkthunder
Peasant
Peasant

Post by Elkkthunder » Fri Aug 01, 2014 9:24 am

Is this canada ad or us?

james2013
I'm New !

Post by james2013 » Fri Aug 01, 2014 10:09 am

this is canada ad

hatcher
Count
Count
Location: Barrie, Ontario, Canada (aka The Great White North)

Post by hatcher » Fri Aug 01, 2014 10:14 am

PalaceBrother wrote:
hatcher wrote:Brictober has been a massive let down for me that last couple of years. I don't think I bought anything last year, the sales were so lame.

Can you explain the Cookstown thing? Do they have a unique coupon or something?

I drive by there every few weeks.
Every couple of months they do a 20% off coupon promotion. You can either sign up at their website and have it mailed to you or go to customer service in the mall itself to get one. It works at most of the stores. The Toys R Us express only excluded video games and related items likes Skylander characters. A few months back they put the Monster Fighter castle on sale for $100. With coupon, it was down to $80.
Who is General Failure and why is he reading my hard disk?

supercal
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by supercal » Fri Aug 01, 2014 10:59 am

I think you can skip some of the sign in by just having a caa membership.

The current coupons are 2-3 20% off 1 item and one that is off the whole purchase.

tsetsetse89
Citizen
Citizen

Post by tsetsetse89 » Thu Aug 07, 2014 2:37 pm

Darn, I just went to pick up Cantina, but "select" sets didn't include the newer sets of course. Should know better than to expect anything from TRU haha

znarf
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by znarf » Sat Aug 09, 2014 9:50 am

hatcher wrote:Every couple of months they do a 20% off coupon promotion. You can either sign up at their website and have it mailed to you or go to customer service in the mall itself to get one.
What's the URL to sign up for the coupon? I looked around the site (and Googled a bit) but didn't find anything indicating a signup for a 20% coupon.

supercal wrote:I think you can skip some of the sign in by just having a caa membership.
Are you referring to the sIgn in for the CAA cash-back or something else?

Cheers

harry99
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by harry99 » Sat Aug 09, 2014 4:15 pm

Here you are for the coupon request - hope it helps:

http://www.tangeroutletcanada.com/tangerstyle/
(you will be emailed the 20% off coupon for in-store use).
Visit my BrickLink store - 10% off if you mention that you're a ToysNBricks member. http://www.BrickAssortments.com

styledshadow
Citizen
Citizen

Post by styledshadow » Sat Aug 09, 2014 4:50 pm

But isn't this coupon only good at TRU Express in Saint-Saveur?

I know the TRU-Ex I had nearby in Gatineau never accepted stuff for regular TRUs, and vice-versa the stores in Ottawa didn't accept TRU-Ex specific promos....?

harry99
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by harry99 » Sat Aug 09, 2014 5:32 pm

It will only work in Tanger Outlet Maill TRU expresses - if the coupon for your local Tanger stipulates so.
Visit my BrickLink store - 10% off if you mention that you're a ToysNBricks member. http://www.BrickAssortments.com