[Site News] LEGO UK, Europe, Australia, Asia Forum

Code of Conduct, Privacy Policy, Announcements. Got a suggestion to our site? Let us hear it!
Toys N Bricks
Administrator
Administrator

[Site News] LEGO UK, Europe, Australia, Asia Forum

Post by Toys N Bricks » Tue Apr 05, 2011 7:06 pm

We’re proud to announce the new Sales & Deals and Availability forum for our oversea friends! Toys N Bricks will start to have additional LEGO news coverage for Europe, Australia, Asia, and in particular, United Kingdom. Something we've lack in the past few years.

Rest assured that USA and Canada coverage will be the same as before. We don't forget our roots. To minimize service distruption, most of our international articles will be published from late night to early morning North American time. If your having a hard time following us, don't forget that there's always FaceBook and Twitter!

Got a comment or suggestion? Let us hear it here!

Article Link: http://toysnbricks.com/home/site-news-l ... asia-forum" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Toys N Bricks
A LEGO Fan Community. Like us on FaceBook and follow us on Twitter!

legitimatealex
Count
Count

Re: [Site News] LEGO UK, Europe, Australia, Asia Forum

Post by legitimatealex » Tue Apr 05, 2011 7:33 pm

Good news to hear, not that it benefits me much. It will probably help attract a larger following though.
http://www.eightclickbrick.com/ Find me here on the internet.

Playing with LEGO when I can. Where does the time go?

autobrick
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by autobrick » Tue Apr 05, 2011 8:41 pm

May I make a suggestion of having separate RSS feeds for the different regions?

Ice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ice » Tue Apr 05, 2011 9:57 pm

I believe they are already separated into catergories.

GuaranteedUnity
Knight
Knight

Post by GuaranteedUnity » Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:52 pm

Three nits:-

Since the UK is in Europe (and that the majority of Brits are aware of this :lol:), it seems redundant to include both in the Forum name.

The OCD in me thinks it would be awesomesauce if the USA/CAN forums where set up the same way (e.g., renamed USA and Canada with Availability as a subforum). The consistency would probably be less confusing to new users, too.

Is there anyway to have old threads not be marked as new/unread when they're moved into a new or different forum?

This last one is more site-wide rather than specific to the new forum, but I was all excited to see that the Daily Mirror were doing another LEGO promo... until I realized the thread was from over 6mos. ago (I typically keep up with the forums through "View unread posts").

vynsane
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator

Post by vynsane » Wed Apr 06, 2011 3:36 am

GuaranteedUnity wrote: Since the UK is in Europe (and that the majority of Brits are aware of this :lol:), it seems redundant to include both in the Forum name.
True, although, if someone were to do a Google search for 'LEGO sales forum UK', it's better to have the category keyword-loaded so people will be directed to it.
Is there anyway to have old threads not be marked as new/unread when they're moved into a new or different forum?

This last one is more site-wide rather than specific to the new forum, but I was all excited to see that the Daily Mirror were doing another LEGO promo... until I realized the thread was from over 6mos. ago (I typically keep up with the forums through "View unread posts").
The forum software automatically treats it as a 'new' post. You can mark an entire category as 'viewed' by using the 'Mark topics read' link, which is directly across from the 'New Topic' button and 'Search this forum...' box:
mark_topics_read.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ALL HAIL THE BLACTRON EMPIRE!

Flickr Photostream | Dropbox - LDD files and instruction archive

autobrick
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by autobrick » Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:39 pm

Ice wrote:I believe they are already separated into catergories.
Hmm... It looks like my RSS reader doesn't support categories (does work on IE9, however).

legitimatealex
Count
Count

Post by legitimatealex » Sat Apr 09, 2011 2:15 pm

GuaranteedUnity wrote:Three nits:-

Since the UK is in Europe (and that the majority of Brits are aware of this :lol:), it seems redundant to include both in the Forum name.
Pshh the Brits are all to themselves on that lonely island.
http://www.eightclickbrick.com/ Find me here on the internet.

Playing with LEGO when I can. Where does the time go?

vynsane
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator

Post by vynsane » Mon Apr 11, 2011 8:29 am

legitimatealex wrote:Pshh the Brits are all to themselves on that lonely island.
Also, they view themselves as a separate entity from the rest of Europe, similarly to how people from Brooklyn adamantly defend the notion that they aren't a part of Long Island, even though, geographically, it is. But that's more the 'Brooklyn: Not just a borough, but a state of mind' thing comes into play. :lol:
ALL HAIL THE BLACTRON EMPIRE!

Flickr Photostream | Dropbox - LDD files and instruction archive

Ice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ice » Wed Apr 13, 2011 11:58 pm

legitimatealex wrote: Pshh the Brits are all to themselves on that lonely island.
UK only owns Northern Ireland. Southern Ireland is a country separated from UK. So geographically speaking, they're not alone because they share the island together.