How do I... ?

Code of Conduct, Privacy Policy, Announcements. Got a suggestion to our site? Let us hear it!
vynsane
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator

Re: How do I... ?

Post by vynsane » Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:56 am

hatcher wrote:I too have tried to add a person to foes recently. The software tells me I can not add moderators or administrators to my foes list. The person in question is not identified as either, and only joined the site like 2 weeks ago, so I don't know what going on there.
That's odd... We'll have to wait for Ice to weigh in on this one.
ALL HAIL THE BLACTRON EMPIRE!

Flickr Photostream | Dropbox - LDD files and instruction archive

Ice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ice » Tue Jun 28, 2011 6:25 pm

Hmm... weird. Give me some time and I'll try to figure it out.

Ice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ice » Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:01 am

I fixed the problem and it should work now. Let me know if you continue to encounter difficulties adding foes. In case anyone is wondering, new users also now have limited access and features.

Mantisking
Top Forum Contributor
Top Forum Contributor

Post by Mantisking » Thu Jun 30, 2011 8:57 am

Ice wrote:I fixed the problem and it should work now. Let me know if you continue to encounter difficulties adding foes.
Thank youuuuuuu.
Ice wrote:In case anyone is wondering, new users also now have limited access and features.
Including "Protection from Foe List" I'm guessing.

atmail35
Duke
Duke

PM question

Post by atmail35 » Sun Jul 03, 2011 4:07 pm

I composed a PM and hit "submit" now it is sitting in my outbox. What do I need to do to send it? I thought it did it automatically and I'm not sure what is going on. Thanks!

Ice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ice » Sun Jul 03, 2011 4:12 pm

Hi atmail35

Thats a very good question! I'm sure many other people don't know what the "outbox" is for too.

When your message is still showing in the "outbox", it means that the person has not read the PM yet. Rest assured that your PM has been sent to them. When they have read the PM, it will disappear from your "outbox".

This is a very neat feature as it lets the sender knows if the receiver is ignoring them or just didn't had the time to open the message yet. ;)

atmail35
Duke
Duke

Post by atmail35 » Sun Jul 03, 2011 4:19 pm

Ice wrote:Hi atmail35

Thats a very good question! I'm sure many other people don't know what the "outbox" is for too.

When your message is still showing in the "outbox", it means that the person has not read the PM yet. Rest assured that your PM has been sent to them. When they have read the PM, it will disappear from your "outbox".

This is a very neat feature as it lets the sender knows if the receiver is ignoring them or just didn't had the time to open the message yet. ;)
OK I get it now, and yes I LOVE that feature! Thanks for the clarification. I had one sitting there from months ago that I deleted b/c I figured it somehow never went through, I guess the person never read it!

silvashado
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by silvashado » Wed Feb 22, 2012 4:10 pm

How do I do a signature? I apologize if this has been answered somewhere. I did a search, but could not find anything. Is it tied to be active on the site?

By the way, I think it is very smart to have certain features unlock as a person participates more. It's a good reward system. :up:

Legobrandon
Count
Count

Post by Legobrandon » Wed Feb 22, 2012 4:19 pm

silvashado wrote:How do I do a signature? I apologize if this has been answered somewhere. I did a search, but could not find anything. Is it tied to be active on the site?

By the way, I think it is very smart to have certain features unlock as a person participates more. It's a good reward system. :up:
Click "User control panel" near the top of the page, then click "profile" after that you will see a link to edit your signature.

silvashado
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by silvashado » Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:30 pm

Legobrandon wrote:
silvashado wrote:How do I do a signature? I apologize if this has been answered somewhere. I did a search, but could not find anything. Is it tied to be active on the site?

Click "User control panel" near the top of the page, then click "profile" after that you will see a link to edit your signature.
I've looked through my profile and there is no signature entry anywhere. I guess I need to get more active on the forums before I can do a sig.

{edit} I posted more and just checked out my profile and there it was! So it is connected to being more active on the site. :up:

beartrapper25
Knight
Knight

Post by beartrapper25 » Thu Sep 26, 2013 12:01 pm

How do I have a post I created deleted? I find that over time I've created several FS/FT threads that could be and should be merged into one. Obviously I want to create as little work as possible for everyone involved on the moderation side of things.

vynsane
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator

Post by vynsane » Thu Sep 26, 2013 12:03 pm

Do you want them deleted or merged? One of us can take care of it for you, just PM me the links to the topics you want merged and/or deleted.

StClair
Count
Count

Post by StClair » Thu Jul 03, 2014 7:52 pm

Alright.. at the risk of sounding stupid I must ask for help.

I'm struggling to imbed an image from Flickr into a forum post. I was able to do it only once quite some time back with much trial and error.

I've read what vynsane posted and I really appreciate it but apparently I'm missing something or doing something wrong. I also noticed that he vynsane updated it later on pointing out that it is much easier to convert it to BBCode.

1. So in my post do I click "code" "Img" or "URL". I'm guessing it is not "URL" and I thought that it was Img?

In Flickr I click on a photo. Click "share" in the bottom right corner. click BBCode. Right click in the box and choose "select all" and then "copy".
2. Now back to the post. Do I change anything in the BBCode before pasting it?
For example with this one...
Imagepickabrickhaul103_2001 by ponderingzissou, on Flickr

What would I change? Thank you in advance

I keep trying and deleting different things... Maybe I did it? But then why it is so small?

Here is the text that I was trying to paste earlier "Imagepickabrickhaul103_2001 by ponderingzissou, on Flickr"
... let me try a screen shot of the BBCode with upload attachment
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by StClair on Thu Jul 03, 2014 8:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

vynsane
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator

Post by vynsane » Thu Jul 03, 2014 8:04 pm

^ It's been a long time since I posted this image and the page has been redesigned a few times. It's much easier now. You shouldn't need to convert it to BBCode at all, in fact. Just click on the curved "share" arrow, which opens this pop-up, then click "BBCode", select a size, and copy the code it generates. Easy peasey.
Screenshot 2014-07-03 22.59.00.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

StClair
Count
Count

Post by StClair » Thu Jul 03, 2014 8:49 pm

vynsane wrote:^ It's been a long time since I posted this image and the page has been redesigned a few times. It's much easier now. You shouldn't need to convert it to BBCode at all, in fact. Just click on the curved "share" arrow, which opens this pop-up, then click "BBCode", select a size, and copy the code it generates. Easy peasey.
Screenshot 2014-07-03 22.59.00.png
You're awesome! I can't believe how easy that was. I was trying to make it difficult. I'm glad that I asked. Thank you!

JustBrickin
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by JustBrickin » Sun Jul 06, 2014 2:14 pm

HOW DO I...

Make an image small enough to make it my pic for my avatar?

I keep getting this message:
The avatar’s filesize must be between 0 and 48 KiB.
Building LEGOs, one piece at a time...

My Flickr

StClair
Count
Count

Post by StClair » Sun Jul 06, 2014 2:54 pm

JustBrickin wrote:HOW DO I...

Make an image small enough to make it my pic for my avatar?

I keep getting this message:
The avatar’s filesize must be between 0 and 48 KiB.
The photo is probably too large (forgive me if I'm wrong). Although there may be better online photo editors I like this site to edit photos http://www.ipiccy.com . Go to the site. Do not sign in or create an account.. instead click the button near the bottom right of the screen "start editing". On the next screen click "upload image". There are a lot of different things that one can do to edit photo's at this point. You should probably be able to just click "resize image". If the image is square simply change width to 120px (width px.. not width %... one is below the other after clicking resize image). If the image is not square change the largest dimension to 120px (if wider than tall change the width to 120px.. if taller than it is wide change its height to 120px)
legoedittrain.jpg
When finished click "save" (top right option.. second arrow in my photo is pointing to it).

Hope this helps.

vynsane
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator

Post by vynsane » Sun Jul 06, 2014 6:17 pm

I also created a little online tool a looong time ago that's been in "pre-alpha" stage all that time that allows you to upload any JPG image and crop/resize it to smaller dimensions:

http://avataromatic.vynsane.com

You can also download the free image editing software program GIMP, which works on all platforms:

http://www.gimp.org/

JustBrickin
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by JustBrickin » Mon Jul 07, 2014 1:16 pm

Thanks St Clair and Vynsane! I figured out how to get the image on. Now I just need to make it bigger to 120x120.

My Flickr

JustBrickin
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by JustBrickin » Mon Jul 07, 2014 1:21 pm

Wow! The site you gave St Clair helped a lot! Got it fixed in like 3 min! Thank you!

My Flickr