Kidstuff 2015 update

Share your LEGO Sales and LEGO Deals Finds here.
Forum rules
Please remember that Store Pricing topics should be placed in the "Retailer Discussions" Forum. If you find new LEGO products (and not on sale), please post in the "LEGO Availability" Forum.
jmeninno
Knight
Knight

Kidstuff 2015 update

Post by jmeninno » Tue Sep 23, 2014 7:28 am

Hello all,

Fairly new here. I'm guessing what I do is pretty popular, so I thought I'd share the news. With the cost of Lego sets increasing due to licenses, new price points, etc, and a flurry of awesome sets across multiple lines coming out each year, I look for ways to support my hobbies. One of these ways is with Kidstuff $20 off purchases of $100 or more coupons. I look for these on ebay and grab them for a couple of dollars a piece.

I have just seen Kidstuff 2015 coupons on ebay. I am not impressed. I'm actually quite scared. Here's the link:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lego-Store-Coup ... SS:US:1120

As you can see, if this is the only page of Lego coupons in the Kidstuff book, the $5 off $50 and $20 off $100 coupons have been replaced with a 10% select lines and free keychain. Is anyone else disappointed in this? Can anyone confirm that the, IMHO, better coupons from years past have gone away for good?

(I hope you don't mind my bluntness. Money is tight for a lot of families these days.)

Nepenthe7
Knight
Knight

Re: Kidstuff 2015 update

Post by Nepenthe7 » Tue Sep 23, 2014 10:47 am

I also picked up the 2015 coupon book. Not impressed. Actually, I feel all of the coupons get worse as time goes on.

jmeninno
Knight
Knight

Post by jmeninno » Tue Sep 23, 2014 1:04 pm

So you're confirming what I saw on ebay, correct?

This is not good news for my wallet...those $20 off coupons were huge in supporting my Lego hobby.

emazers
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by emazers » Tue Sep 23, 2014 8:39 pm

Last year when Lego started that no more coupons on Exclusives, and when I tried using the Kidstuff Coupon they said you can't use it anymore, so I got a hold of Kidstuff and talked to the Manager and told here, she said she would call Lego, so 15 minutes later she said called me and said Lego will not honor the Coupons anymore, so I told her they should as it does not say that anywhere on the Coupon, so she called me back 3 weeks later and after she got about 1000 complaints and called Lego back and said if you do not honor the coupons we won't let you put any coupons in our 2015 Book. So as we no Lego starting taking the coupons on all sets.

atmail35
Duke
Duke

Post by atmail35 » Sun Nov 16, 2014 8:56 pm

I have the 2015 KidStuff Coupon book and there are two coupons (in the past they had two pages so two of each coupon), one for 10% off City, Friends or Duplo. The other is a free keychain with $50 purchase. One coupon of each only. :cry: