Nice TRU combination possibilities this morning

Share your LEGO Sales and LEGO Deals Finds here.
Forum rules
Please remember that Store Pricing topics should be placed in the "Retailer Discussions" Forum. If you find new LEGO products (and not on sale), please post in the "LEGO Availability" Forum.
Edmond Dantes
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Nice TRU combination possibilities this morning

Post by Edmond Dantes » Sun Dec 23, 2012 9:16 am

#5771 is on sale at TRU for $56.24, there is a special running for $25 off $100, plus if you spend $20, you get a #30212 for free.

A couple combinations I put together this morning:
#5771 - $31.24
#9448 - $33.24 (also on sale)
#30212 (x4, one of which was free) - $14.97

Total, with tax (free shipping) = $85.85. MSRP = $129.94 Discount = 34%

#5771 (x2) - $87.48
#30212 (x4) - $14.97

Total, with tax (free shipping) = $110.01. MSRP = $159.94 Discount = 31.2%

#5771 is EOL, correct?

exciter1
Knight
Knight

Re: Nice TRU combination possibilities this morning

Post by exciter1 » Sun Dec 23, 2012 10:07 am

I ordered 2 x #5771 and got a free #30212 all for $93.38 shipped - MSRP is $144.97. Approximate savings of 35.6%.

anakinisvader
Knight
Knight

Post by anakinisvader » Sun Dec 23, 2012 10:11 am

exciter1 wrote:I ordered 2 x #5771 and got a free #30212 all for $93.38 shipped - MSRP is $144.97. Approximate savings of 35.6%.
Ditto, not a bad deal, even for TRU.
Why do we drive on a parkway and park on a driveway?

tensor
Knight
Knight

Post by tensor » Sun Dec 23, 2012 12:40 pm

Nice deal on 2x of the hillside houses, and though I sometimes (and I'm not ashamed of it!) know set #'s off the top of my head, it would be nice to see the set names alongside.

simplylemonade
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by simplylemonade » Sun Dec 23, 2012 1:54 pm

Went to the stores near me, none had the polybag or even knew about the promo, though they had the sign up for it. Ended up ordering online lol

staffmark
Citizen
Citizen

Post by staffmark » Sun Dec 23, 2012 1:56 pm

2 hillside houses+ elf guard ply on their way, total $93 with tax shipped, 36% off. Thanks for the tip!

harry99
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by harry99 » Sun Dec 23, 2012 5:15 pm

Not too bad at all! Even when considering shipping, duty and taxes to Canada - not bad!
Visit my BrickLink store - 10% off if you mention that you're a ToysNBricks member. http://www.BrickAssortments.com

kwkw
Knight
Knight

Post by kwkw » Sun Dec 23, 2012 6:50 pm

darn it, tried to do 3 elves and a filler to get over $20 and get another free elf, but the elves don't count towards the $20 minimum so ended up ordering a hillside house, samurai mech and 3 elves to get the freebie elf. All for $86 with tax and free shipping, not too shabby for craptastic TRU :)

tensor
Knight
Knight

Post by tensor » Sun Dec 23, 2012 7:44 pm

And OOS (both the house and the elves). Store pickup still works assuming you can find one or both in stock nearby.

iccarus
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by iccarus » Sun Dec 23, 2012 7:49 pm

tensor wrote:And OOS (both the house and the elves). Store pickup still works assuming you can find one or both in stock nearby.
Hopefully my two copies will show up without any problems, seeing as I don't see any stores that have them in stock nearby.

The Samurai Mech is still in stock online and is a pretty good deal if you order three.
Check out my blog - Buried in Bricks

zjygkmatt
Peasant
Peasant

Post by zjygkmatt » Sun Dec 23, 2012 11:10 pm

Palpatines Arrest is on sale for $82.49 I was tempted to grab that today, but still seems like such a pricey set at the moment.

SpaceViking
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by SpaceViking » Mon Dec 24, 2012 12:26 pm

Seaside House (7346) is back in stock on-line. Savings work out to be a little better than buy-2-get-1-free (34.7% off MSRP) if you buy three. Sadly, no elves left.

neomonkey
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by neomonkey » Wed Dec 26, 2012 1:52 am

I had 2 orders with the free elves and they're no longer part of my order when I check my order history.

clarenceoh
I'm New !

Post by clarenceoh » Wed Dec 26, 2012 4:30 am

As usual, the free gifts are OOS even though you have ordered pretty early. Note that it's while stock last. Just as what happen to my ninjago coin bank previously before Christmas which was OOS as well ;) I thought TRU miss out my free gift but was told that the fine print reads while stock last.....Oh well......

tensor
Knight
Knight

Post by tensor » Wed Dec 26, 2012 12:08 pm

clarenceoh wrote:As usual, the free gifts are OOS even though you have ordered pretty early. Note that it's while stock last. Just as what happen to my ninjago coin bank previously before Christmas which was OOS as well ;) I thought TRU miss out my free gift but was told that the fine print reads while stock last.....Oh well......

If they were on your order when you submitted payment, and you have proof (receipt) of that, they have little recourse than to give you the elf, or an equivalent poly. They can't simply remove things from the order once placed.

simplylemonade
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by simplylemonade » Wed Dec 26, 2012 12:16 pm

TRU is terrible...

neomonkey
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by neomonkey » Wed Dec 26, 2012 12:22 pm

tensor wrote:
clarenceoh wrote:As usual, the free gifts are OOS even though you have ordered pretty early. Note that it's while stock last. Just as what happen to my ninjago coin bank previously before Christmas which was OOS as well ;) I thought TRU miss out my free gift but was told that the fine print reads while stock last.....Oh well......

If they were on your order when you submitted payment, and you have proof (receipt) of that, they have little recourse than to give you the elf, or an equivalent poly. They can't simply remove things from the order once placed.
In my order confirmation emails it shows the elves as part of my order. I guess I'll give them a call once the rest of my package arrives.

simplylemonade
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by simplylemonade » Thu Dec 27, 2012 8:30 am

My order shipped sans elf. It still shows that the elf is "located in stock" though, not sureif that means theres some guarantee I'll get it.

exciter1
Knight
Knight

Post by exciter1 » Thu Dec 27, 2012 8:45 am

My order shipped and the elf is included:

Item: 14651990
Description: LEGO The Hobbit Mirkwood Elf Guard 30212
Quantity: 1 @ $0.00

BeMild
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by BeMild » Thu Dec 27, 2012 1:31 pm

neomonkey wrote:
tensor wrote:

In my order confirmation emails it shows the elves as part of my order. I guess I'll give them a call once the rest of my package arrives.
A similar thing happened to me when I ordered MF sets and tried to collect on the Coffin Car poly promo. I called and they ran through the usual excuses, but I called them on the fact that they were still running the promotion online and in print, and that it appeared in my cart. I went up through the chain of supervisors and finally got to someone who said he would send one out, no charge. That never happened, so I called again. The customer service agent reviewed the notes and was sympathetic and offered me a similar item at no charge. At the time, they had nothing I really wanted that was similarly priced, but I got the sense that she was willing to be flexible. After a bit of discussion, I ended up getting the MF Crazy Scientist set for $29, shipped free.

I am chalking it up to my luck of the draw with TRU CS, but if you are willing to put in the time, you might be able to get a decent benefit for the hassle.