[CAN] select walmarts? Magikus $2

This is the LEGO Sales Forum for members from Canada and Europe.
Opus
Citizen
Citizen

[CAN] select walmarts? Magikus $2

Post by Opus » Wed Jul 20, 2011 4:58 am

A Walmart in Calgary had this game further reduced from $5 down to $2. Now you have no excuse not to own one. Not much of a set for parts, unfortunately...

legoeggo
Citizen
Citizen

Re: [CAN] select walmarts? Magikus $2

Post by legoeggo » Wed Jul 20, 2011 7:31 am

I picked 6 up, you get a pot, owl, bat, wands, skeleton heads, jumper plates and a few dark bley bricks. It's not bad for 2 bucks. I thing there are going to be a lot more discounted Lego games in the future, and I'm wondering has anyone seen any creative mocs using Lego dice? Cause I'm going to have lots.

Ice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ice » Thu Jul 21, 2011 7:17 pm

Thanks for the heads up! I picked up the last one today at Wal-Mart. Price tag is still showing as $5, but it scanned at $2. Can't resist getting it for a tonnie. I mean, a KFC tonnie special cost $3...

Also saw Hero Factory Fire Lord on clearance for $15.

hatcher
Count
Count
Location: Barrie, Ontario, Canada (aka The Great White North)

Post by hatcher » Fri Jul 22, 2011 2:38 pm

The Mapleview Walmart in Barrie Ont has a bunch left, maybe 10 or more. The other Walmart in Barrie is out.
Who is General Failure and why is he reading my hard disk?

Legobrandon
Count
Count

Post by Legobrandon » Sun Jul 24, 2011 2:20 pm

Went today and they were all sold out. I looked around the whole store but nothing. :(

unclephn
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by unclephn » Sun Jul 24, 2011 7:15 pm

I went to two walmarts today and they were both sold out! Luckily there are still a few more stores that are relatively close by that I can check out.

Out of curiosity, does anyone know how often there are sales/promos on Lego games? Are they less frequent than Lego sets, or do they even have promos for them?

Ice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ice » Mon Jul 25, 2011 7:19 pm

Legobrandon wrote:Went today and they were all sold out. I looked around the whole store but nothing. :(
If you were at the Burnaby location, you wouldn't find any because I got the last one. You can try the North Vancouver and New Westminister location. I wouldn't recommend going to the East Vancouver location though because its a Super Center store. Unless of course, you called them to check availability first.
unclephn wrote:I went to two walmarts today and they were both sold out! Luckily there are still a few more stores that are relatively close by that I can check out.
My suggestion is that once you see a Wal-Mart clearance thread posted, head to your store ASAP. I would also recommend calling each store to check availability. That really saves time and gas money. Its unfortunate, but we're not like the States where sales and clearances are everywhere, nor are they at big discounts either.

Clearance prices at Wal-Mart are usually very nice and much cheaper than USA MSRP. Therefore, they go really fast and don't last long because we've been starving for them. I still remember $20 Ahsoka Starfighters with Vulture Droid. :D
unclephn wrote: Out of curiosity, does anyone know how often there are sales/promos on Lego games? Are they less frequent than Lego sets, or do they even have promos for them?
LEGO games (especially Ramses Pyramid) seems to be everywhere and don't sell that well. Both Toys R Us and Zellers had 20-25% off/BOGO sales on them before. Wal-Mart also had them at or below USA MSRP for a few months after Christmas.