LEGO Airport 3182 $72.99 @Meijer online (possible free S&H)

Share your LEGO Sales and LEGO Deals Finds here.
Forum rules
Please remember that Store Pricing topics should be placed in the "Retailer Discussions" Forum. If you find new LEGO products (and not on sale), please post in the "LEGO Availability" Forum.
keithk
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

LEGO Airport 3182 $72.99 @Meijer online (possible free S&H)

Post by keithk » Sun Feb 27, 2011 7:10 pm

Lego 3182 Airport

This deal works best for those outside of states with Meijer in them (MI, IL, IN, KY and OH) so you don't have to pay tax (I don't believe you do at least).

If you don't have a Meijer account yet or if you can sign up as another household member, read this first: You can get a code e-mailed to you by pre-registering here for free standard S&H on your first order over $75. That means you can throw in this seaplane for the already nice price of $7.99 (but you're essentially only paying $3.04 for it because you get to waive the $4.95 S&H). If you don't like the seaplane, you can pick another cheap filler to get over $75 on your order.

So if you don't have to pay tax and this is your first order and you preregister for the free S&H code, your deal would breakdown like this:

3182 - $72.99
3178 - $7.99
TOTAL SHIPPED: $80.98
MSRP: $110.98
Savings: 27%

If this isn't your first order, you pay for S&H so I assume you wouldn't want to get a filler (unless you want the seaplane anyway for $7.99):

3182 - $72.99
S&H - $4.95
TOTAL SHIPPED - $77.94
Savings: 22%

You can save another 2% by going to fatwallet or mrrebates before clicking through to meijer for cashback.

Hope it helps someone! :)

eriochrome
Citizen
Citizen

Re: LEGO Airport 3182 $72.99 @Meijer online (possible free S

Post by eriochrome » Sun Feb 27, 2011 7:43 pm

Yesterday they had the little repair truck at like 50% off but it sold out.

Edmond Dantes
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by Edmond Dantes » Sun Feb 27, 2011 8:31 pm

Awesome! Thanks for the advice regarding the account and code. I got free shipping, but it does look like they charge tax ($8.25 tax on $119.96 total = $128.21), even though I live in MN. Still, I bought:

3x LEGO Kingdoms Prison Tower Rescue
1x LEGO Kingdoms Outpost Attack

And I used mrrebates and a cash back card. It's tough to get those castle sets at any significant discount, let alone 30% and 25% respectively. Thanks again!

keithk
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by keithk » Sun Feb 27, 2011 8:55 pm

Cool, glad it helped. :)

Too bad about the sales tax though, I didn't think they would charge outside of those 5 states. I found this list on their website, looks like these are the 25 states which they will charge sales tax to:

Arkansas
Florida
Illinois
Indiana
Iowa
Kansas
Kentucky
Michigan
Minnesota
Nebraska
Nevada
New Jersey
North Carolina
North Dakota
Ohio
Oklahoma
Rhode Island
South Dakota
Tennessee
Utah
Vermont
Washington,
West Virginia
Wisconsin
Wyoming

Luciant
Count
Count

Post by Luciant » Sun Feb 27, 2011 8:58 pm

I checked mrrebates and I saw meijers was 2% cash back but didn't get how to get it. I also use my cash back credit card whenever I buy Lego only 1% back tho

I also got charged tax in Florida.
I have mixed feelings about new releases: I can't wait to see and get the new sets... but I can't figure out where I'm gonna put them or store them.

SpaceNinjaDino
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by SpaceNinjaDino » Sun Feb 27, 2011 10:50 pm

Too bad Prison Tower Rescue is out of stock. I would have ordered 4 at that price. I think I own 5-6 copies of that set which should be enough to build a moderate Dragon Knights Fortress.

CrazyRus
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by CrazyRus » Mon Feb 28, 2011 6:09 am

Luciant wrote:I checked mrrebates and I saw meijers was 2% cash back but didn't get how to get it. I also use my cash back credit card whenever I buy Lego only 1% back tho

You need to open MrRebates account (if you interested I can give you referral) and then after every time you click through and complete a purchase from participating stores (s@h was at 6% commission all December BTW) your cash would post to your account a few days later. You can cash it out via check or PayPal in ~3 months. I've been using them for last couple years now, I'd say they are the most dependable company in cash back world (fatwallet, ebates, Upromise etc) as they seems to "lose" least amount of transactions

atmail35
Duke
Duke

Post by atmail35 » Mon Feb 28, 2011 6:43 am

Thanks for posting this, we don't have Mejier here, and it would be tax free for me. Do they often carry a lot of sets on-line?

The airport is tempting but I'm trying to hold back. The seaplane seems to be sold out but they have the extra large grey base plate for $12.99 (has a "click for price" button) which is a few dollars off MSRP.

Edmond Dantes
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by Edmond Dantes » Mon Feb 28, 2011 8:01 am

CrazyRus wrote:
Luciant wrote:I checked mrrebates and I saw meijers was 2% cash back but didn't get how to get it. I also use my cash back credit card whenever I buy Lego only 1% back tho

You need to open MrRebates account (if you interested I can give you referral) and then after every time you click through and complete a purchase from participating stores (s@h was at 6% commission all December BTW) your cash would post to your account a few days later. You can cash it out via check or PayPal in ~3 months. I've been using them for last couple years now, I'd say they are the most dependable company in cash back world (fatwallet, ebates, Upromise etc) as they seems to "lose" least amount of transactions
Mrrebates "lost" quite a few of my transactions, but credited my account for each and every one after I waited the requisite 30 days and filed a complaint. So, at least their customer service is top notch. I just requested my Feb money (so purchases made in November), so we'll see how long it takes for my paypal account to receive the money.

atmail35
Duke
Duke

Post by atmail35 » Mon Feb 28, 2011 8:37 am

I haven't used Mrrebates but I've used Fatwallet and Ebates for years without too much trouble.

Fatwallet is currently at 2% for Mejier. I've had "lost" transactions too but if you fill out the request they research and credit back. I like how you can request your money via paypal after 3 months.

Ebates (1.5% for Mejer) has worked too, they only pay out quarterly (check or Paypal) on a schedule.

Luciant
Count
Count

Post by Luciant » Mon Feb 28, 2011 11:51 pm

This is great information. I almost feel stupid for not knowing/finding out about these sites before now... total loss of all kinds of cash.

Thanks for explaining it guys, I really appreciate it.
I have mixed feelings about new releases: I can't wait to see and get the new sets... but I can't figure out where I'm gonna put them or store them.