Target clearance sale

Share your LEGO Sales and LEGO Deals Finds here.
Forum rules
Please remember that Store Pricing topics should be placed in the "Retailer Discussions" Forum. If you find new LEGO products (and not on sale), please post in the "LEGO Availability" Forum.
spacysmoke
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Re: Target clearance sale

Post by spacysmoke » Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:16 pm

Got the Galactic Enforcer for 50% off! This is a cool set, definitely worth it! It was the Huntington Beach, CA Target BTW, the one off Beach Blvd. They might be gone by now though.

spacysmoke
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by spacysmoke » Tue Jan 11, 2011 3:45 pm

Just went to another Target (Westminster Mall, CA) and they had a ton of 8057 Atlantis Wreck Raiders for 50% off.

They also had 7 Galactic Enforcer's left for 50% off. The Target I mentioned in my last post are sold out.
Haven't seen anything else at 50% off that hasn't already been mentioned.

legitimatealex
Count
Count

Post by legitimatealex » Tue Jan 11, 2011 3:47 pm

My Target is most definitely not at the 50% off stage yet. The Galactic Enforcers are at 30% off, and the Power Miners sets are mixed 15% and 30% off. The battle packs are all sold out though and they have Gateway of the Squid 20% off.
http://www.eightclickbrick.com/ Find me here on the internet.

Playing with LEGO when I can. Where does the time go?

spacysmoke
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by spacysmoke » Tue Jan 11, 2011 4:04 pm

I think it might depend on how much stock they have. The Target by my house has the Galactic Enforcer at 30% off but they only have 1 of them. The two Targets where it was 50% off had at least 8 at each store when I first saw them, so they probably have a greater need to get rid of them and make more shelf space.

mrfootball
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by mrfootball » Tue Jan 11, 2011 5:49 pm

Noticed that the Targets in the lower income zips tend to mark'em down quicker and blow them out faster than the Targets in the higher income zips. Same goes for Walmart. Don't expect to find many great deals or available clearence items in the upper middle class areas with lots of families.

legitimatealex
Count
Count

Post by legitimatealex » Tue Jan 11, 2011 8:24 pm

spacysmoke wrote:I think it might depend on how much stock they have. The Target by my house has the Galactic Enforcer at 30% off but they only have 1 of them. The two Targets where it was 50% off had at least 8 at each store when I first saw them, so they probably have a greater need to get rid of them and make more shelf space.
I would say that too except mine has about 16 Galactic Enforcers and they're at the $70 price. They also have a HUGE amount of Power Miners to get rid of and it's only 30% off. I'm checking them everyday, hoping they get marked down further.
http://www.eightclickbrick.com/ Find me here on the internet.

Playing with LEGO when I can. Where does the time go?

Bricksnapper52
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by Bricksnapper52 » Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:09 am

mrfootball wrote:Noticed that the Targets in the lower income zips tend to mark'em down quicker and blow them out faster than the Targets in the higher income zips. Same goes for Walmart. Don't expect to find many great deals or available clearence items in the upper middle class areas with lots of families.
Maybe, but local store management and stock levels come into play as well. I live in a city with the 7th highest median income in the nation and all of the legos are at 50% off. There is a lot of stuff to clear out though, so I'm sure they are just trying to flush the old stock as quickly as possible.

spacysmoke
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by spacysmoke » Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:01 pm

Well, I went to the Target by my house tonight (Gardena, CA) and ALL of their clearanced Lego were now 50% off. They had Kingdoms Trolls' Mountain Fortress 7097, Atlantis Neptune Carrier 8075, Atlantis Wreck Raider 8057, Power Miners Claw Catcher 8190, Toy Story Western Train Chase 7597, World Racers Gator Swamp 8899, and some Hero Factory figures. I picked up a Mountain Fortress and the last City Airport.

You might wanna check your local Target!

gabriellee11
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by gabriellee11 » Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:44 pm

I can confirm that all legos that were on clearance are now 50% off.

koromo
Knight
Knight

Post by koromo » Fri Jan 14, 2011 7:54 am

I found a lavatraz for $20, but the galatic enforcers were marked back over $100, at One of my two targets in So. NH.
Lego Fan based in Seacoast Area of New Hampshire.

wkunert
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by wkunert » Fri Jan 14, 2011 11:38 am

I saw and picked up all the 50% spacysmoke mentioned, except the Toy Story train, which I've never seen on clearance here. I returned the Troll Fortress I bought for $70 last week, now $50. I also found 1 Desert of Destruction WR for $44 and a Portal of Atlantis for $50, plus a few Clone Walker and Assassin Droid battle packs for $6.

I should mention that several local Targets stock many of same sets and they're NOT on clearance. It's really YMMV, and I can't identify any low income/high income area reasoning for why.

Luciant
Count
Count

Post by Luciant » Fri Jan 14, 2011 2:33 pm

Just picked up 2 Troll Battle Fortress's for 50% off! Also snagged a King's Castle from the Kingdom Set for 50% off. Also had Toy Story Train, Alien Trash Compactor, Wreck Raider, and Claw Catcher are also 50% off.
I have mixed feelings about new releases: I can't wait to see and get the new sets... but I can't figure out where I'm gonna put them or store them.

Mantisking
Top Forum Contributor
Top Forum Contributor

Post by Mantisking » Fri Jan 14, 2011 3:32 pm

I grabbed 7147 Xplode, 7145 Von Nebula, and 7162 Rotor this afternoon, all at half off.

atmail35
Duke
Duke

Post by atmail35 » Fri Jan 14, 2011 3:42 pm

Luciant wrote:Just picked up 2 Troll Battle Fortress's for 50% off! Also snagged a King's Castle from the Kingdom Set for 50% off. Also had Toy Story Train, Alien Trash Compactor, Wreck Raider, and Claw Catcher are also 50% off.
That is interesting b/c at my Target the Toy Story Train was not 1/2 off. I also scanned the Airport at 2 Targets and they were not marked down at all.

spacysmoke
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by spacysmoke » Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:11 pm

atmail35 wrote:
Luciant wrote:Just picked up 2 Troll Battle Fortress's for 50% off! Also snagged a King's Castle from the Kingdom Set for 50% off. Also had Toy Story Train, Alien Trash Compactor, Wreck Raider, and Claw Catcher are also 50% off.
That is interesting b/c at my Target the Toy Story Train was not 1/2 off. I also scanned the Airport at 2 Targets and they were not marked down at all.
Yeah, it definitely varies from Target to Target. The Portal of Atlantis was still full price at my Target and there was another Target where the Airport was still full price too.

Luciant
Count
Count

Post by Luciant » Fri Jan 14, 2011 11:41 pm

wkunert wrote: I returned the Troll Fortress I bought for $70 last week, now $50..
I also found 2 today that I snagged, plus a Kings Castle set for $50. $$$

I wasn't able to find an airport for sale or a galactic enforcer for less than $70.

I did find a box of seemingly untouched minifigures series 3 at target too and am lookin for some people to split, see my post in buy/sell/trade. So far Target is the only place I've seen them here in Florida.
I have mixed feelings about new releases: I can't wait to see and get the new sets... but I can't figure out where I'm gonna put them or store them.

pumbaugh
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by pumbaugh » Sat Jan 15, 2011 9:48 am

Not much at all in my targets clearance for LEGO, but I did find one lonely Battle of Endor 8038...have no reason to buy it, but for someone reason couldn't pass it up.

turtle1173
Knight
Knight

Post by turtle1173 » Sat Jan 15, 2011 1:57 pm

Nothing at my target today. I counted 25 galactic enforcers all priced at $70.

spacysmoke
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by spacysmoke » Sat Jan 15, 2011 2:32 pm

Man, I'd love to get a Battle of Endor at 50% off. Went to another Target (Torrance, CA) and picked up POP Quest Against Time and a Power Miners Fire Blaster 8188 for half off. They had a ton of Galactic Enforcers for 50% off; not only did they have a couple stacks in the clearance isle, they also had some in the regular Lego isle.

BrickUpdate
Knight
Knight

Post by BrickUpdate » Sat Jan 15, 2011 2:54 pm

I just found a Battle of Endor as well, $50. Not marked at all on the box. Found a PoP Battle of Almut too, $40. Picked em both up. The Target's I have been too have been a disaster - stuff scattered everywhere, nothing where it should be, prices not marked, and LEGO's spread across several aisle. Very weird.