Bargain Hunt Stores

Share your LEGO Sales and LEGO Deals Finds here.
Forum rules
Please remember that Store Pricing topics should be placed in the "Retailer Discussions" Forum. If you find new LEGO products (and not on sale), please post in the "LEGO Availability" Forum.
ckleinhans
I'm New !

Bargain Hunt Stores

Post by ckleinhans » Sun Nov 22, 2015 9:34 am

Just wanted to share a store I have not seen mentioned in the Forum, Essex Bargain Hunt. They are mainly located in TN, KY, Georgia and Alabama. They are a "hit-or-miss" outlet store but, I have had great Lego success there in the past few years. Among my finds are a USC Shuttle Tyderium - $140, Creator Detective Office $120, Fire Brigade -$100, Grand Emporium - $130, Pet Shop - $100, Ferris Wheel - $160 and LOTR Tower of Orthanic - $89.
Most times boxes are open and or damaged but employees will open them for you to inspect for missing bags, minifigures, etc... before you buy. Also they have a 30 day return policy. Oh and every week a product sits on the shelf, it's price drops 10%.
No, I don't work for them LOL, I have just had so much success here I wanted to share it with fellow collectors and builders.
Happy Hunting!

StClair
Count
Count

Re: Bargain Hunt Stores

Post by StClair » Sun Nov 22, 2015 11:47 am

I've had some luck with them as well in KY. You never know what will be on their shelves. Several times I've opened the box to discover all minifigures missing though. The workers always let me open it up at the counter though to check the contents and as you said they do allow returns if parts are missing.

StClair
Count
Count

Post by StClair » Wed Jul 06, 2016 4:31 pm

Palace Cinema for $89! :razz: This was at a KY Bargain Hunt store and it was the only one on the shelf. I'm so glad that I stopped to look today. I hadn't looked there in weeks.
Its one of the few Modular buildings that I already own but I haven't had time to open and build it yet. So... I can either keep the sealed one and sell it in the future OR open in the future and use parts to expand the cinema!
The box was open and beat up but upon first check of the contents (at home) nothing appears to be open and the large red base plate is there. So is the stickers and instructions. I have high hopes that it is complete. My son wants to start building it tomorrow to check.

*update* It was complete! My son loved building it and it looks even better in person than I expected. Love it.

StClair
Count
Count

Post by StClair » Sat Aug 20, 2016 2:10 pm

Just in case there are other members in the Richmond KY area:

At Bargain Hunt in Richmond KY I saw 1x Tower Bridge #10214 for $140. I almost bought it for parts alone but I've really spent too much lately on LEGO. The box of course isn't in great condition but not too bad for a Bargain Hunt item. Retail was $239.99 I think. There was only 1 left
LEGO082016155110.jpg
Also they have 2 of the LEGO 75095 Tie Fighter for $99 each.

My only purchase was the new Force Awakens M.Falcon set 75105 for $71. It was the only one left. I can't wait to open and build it. I've never built a Millenium Falcon before. I'm probably sell most of the minifigures.

They also had at least 4 of the large buildable SW figures. They are the Obiwan vs General Grevious double pack. They are $39 each and the boxes are in really good shape.

Update:
The only set that I bought (M.Falcon from Force Awakens) will have to be returned.
I opened the box and dumped it out to start building. Right away I noticed that the bags looked different. First bag I pick up I notice that some of the light tan parts look a slightly strange color. Then I notice that none of the parts have "LEGO" printed on them and the minifigures look horrible and that the arms are packaged separately from the torsos. I'll have to return this one to Bargain Hunt for a refund. Apparently someone bought a knock off version of the set. Bought the official set and then kept official parts and placed the Knock off bags into the box.. sealed it and returned it to the store. :evil: Seriously twisted people out there. Still I've found some great deals here so despite the let down I will continue to look for deals there.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

TheWarden
I'm New !

Post by TheWarden » Wed Aug 24, 2016 4:48 pm

If anyone is in the Cincinnati area, there is a Bargain Hunt on the west side. It seems to have LEGO on a semi-consistent basis, but I've only been checking in for a few months. I got two Chima sets for about 60% last month or two.

Saturday, there was a stack of "70135-1: Cragger's Fire Striker" so these may last to some of the higher discounts since these were so many. These were a new stack. Last month they had only one and I picked it, but it had been there for a while.

I left "76065: Mighty Micros: Captain America vs. Red Skull" at $7 and some City sets I can't remember (demolition starter set, maybe) at ~30% off new prices.

For some reason, their newest LEGO batch has their mark down dates way, way in the future (December) so I hope this isn't a new trend....