LEGO Batman from The LEGO Movie gets Own Big Screen

The place for General LEGO Discussions such as the LEGO website, video games, movie, general LEGO inquries and everything else not included in our forums.
Toys N Bricks
Administrator
Administrator

LEGO Batman from The LEGO Movie gets Own Big Screen

Post by Toys N Bricks » Fri Oct 10, 2014 5:53 pm

As reported on Hollywoodreporter, "The Lego incarnation of Batman proved to be so popular in the Warner Bros. hit The Lego Movie that he is getting his own big-screen spinoff." LEGO is aiming for the spin off movie to be released sometime in 2017 and the movie will also be fast tracked. Will Arnett, the person voicing Cape Crusader Batman will one again play the voice again.

Article Link: http://toysnbricks.com/lego-batman-from ... ig-screen/
Toys N Bricks
A LEGO Fan Community. Like us on FaceBook and follow us on Twitter!

Blackorange
Peasant
Peasant

Re: LEGO Batman from The LEGO Movie gets Own Big Screen

Post by Blackorange » Sat Oct 11, 2014 8:07 am

Wow way to hammer a lame joke to death. They were seriously pushing it to the limit in The LEGO Movie. There's nowhere else to go but down. Batman is so lame. :problem:

I know, don't like it, don't watch it. I'm just annoyed that something so niche is being pushed ahead of The LEGO Movie sequel. :down:

minifigsee
I'm New !

Post by minifigsee » Mon Oct 13, 2014 6:23 am

With Will Arnett providing the voice, I am afraid we'll get the "lego movie" version of batman again as opposed to the video game. It was a completely different take on the character from the game. I would prefer not to have the overly cocky, "got it on the first try" batarang-throwing batman. Troy Baker > Will Arnett.

kibosh
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by kibosh » Mon Oct 13, 2014 6:50 am

Blackorange wrote:Wow way to hammer a lame joke to death. They were seriously pushing it to the limit in The LEGO Movie. There's nowhere else to go but down. Batman is so lame. :problem:

I know, don't like it, don't watch it. I'm just annoyed that something so niche is being pushed ahead of The LEGO Movie sequel. :down:
I think this IS the LEGO Movie sequel.

Blackorange
Peasant
Peasant

Post by Blackorange » Mon Oct 13, 2014 5:38 pm

No. The Hollywood reporter article says;
Warners is eyeing a 2017 release for the spinoff, possibly even on the original date for Lego Movie 2. The next Lego movie to be released is Ninjago, due to open Sept. 23, 2016. The Lego Movie sequel will now presumably be released after 2017.
It basically looks like Lego and Warner Brothers just milking the whole Batman thing and riding on the coat tails of Batman vs Superman.

vynsane
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator

Post by vynsane » Mon Oct 13, 2014 6:49 pm

Blackorange wrote:It basically looks like Lego and Warner Brothers just milking the whole Batman thing and riding on the coat tails of Batman vs Superman.
Which is strange, because it's a good bet those coattails will be awful.
ALL HAIL THE BLACTRON EMPIRE!

Flickr Photostream | Dropbox - LDD files and instruction archive

NIGELTTF
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by NIGELTTF » Tue Oct 14, 2014 5:33 am

While I found the Batman character from the Lego movie to be hilarious, small doses of it works. Like pepper on a salad. When you have more pepper than salad...bleucch

Blackorange
Peasant
Peasant

Post by Blackorange » Thu Oct 16, 2014 12:12 pm

vynsane wrote:Which is strange, because it's a good bet those coattails will be awful.
There's been a batman movie that wasn't awful? :think: (That's rhetorical btw. Not getting into that debate here) :silent:

Seems Warner have now stated that Lego batman is for 2017, Lego Movie 2 is going to be 2018 with a further Lego themed movie in 2019 that is currently unnamed. My money is on 'Friends: tweefest' :crazy:

zmw92
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by zmw92 » Thu Oct 16, 2014 4:01 pm

Why so Serious :-D . Im happy... Lego is diversifying and so far its been good. Its freaking Batman! He turned Bad Cops car into a baby stroller

Blackorange
Peasant
Peasant

Post by Blackorange » Thu Oct 16, 2014 4:12 pm

Ummm :lol:no no.