"Inside LEGO" avalailable on Netflix Streaming

The place for General LEGO Discussions such as the LEGO website, video games, movie, general LEGO inquries and everything else not included in our forums.
vynsane
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator

"Inside LEGO" avalailable on Netflix Streaming

Post by vynsane » Thu Jul 31, 2014 8:48 am

Just watched this last night. It's short, about 22 mins, so a standard half-hour show minus commercial breaks. Nothing to shocking, but there are some cool views of the manufacturing facilities.
ALL HAIL THE BLACTRON EMPIRE!

Flickr Photostream | Dropbox - LDD files and instruction archive

Mantisking
Top Forum Contributor
Top Forum Contributor

Re: "Inside LEGO" avalailable on Netflix Streaming

Post by Mantisking » Thu Jul 31, 2014 9:15 am

Is that the one that's run on the Bloomberg channel?

Zeya
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by Zeya » Thu Jul 31, 2014 9:54 am

I watched this a couple days ago, too. I found it to be a bit too heavy on what I would call the business strategy side of things - praising the CEO, returning to profit and prosperity after their problems circa 2004, how awesome the business is. I wish they had interviewed more of a variety of employees and maybe focused more on design and production than business.

There was another one that was actually really good. It was in the TV series "Mega Factories", I think it was called. They showed some of the design process for making the (then) new police station set, and then some really impressive footage of the factory floor. Oh I just looked, I think it was on National Geographic. You might find it on the Apple TV channel still. Saw that one a year or more ago, though.

StClair
Count
Count

Post by StClair » Thu Jul 31, 2014 11:19 am

Zeya wrote:I watched this a couple days ago, too. I found it to be a bit too heavy on what I would call the business strategy side of things - praising the CEO, returning to profit and prosperity after their problems circa 2004, how awesome the business is. I wish they had interviewed more of a variety of employees and maybe focused more on design and production than business.

There was another one that was actually really good. It was in the TV series "Mega Factories", I think it was called. They showed some of the design process for making the (then) new police station set, and then some really impressive footage of the factory floor. Oh I just looked, I think it was on National Geographic. You might find it on the Apple TV channel still. Saw that one a year or more ago, though.
I enjoyed them both. You're right Zeva. It was a little heavy on the business end but I still really enjoyed watching it. I also agree that the Mega Factories LEGO tour is a good video. I showed it to students one year during dead time (in segments). They loved it. I particularly like the info about their molds.
I was able to find it in the past on youtube. The one that I had seen previously has been deleted. Here's a link to the video (someone else uploaded) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t2wah736BAc It appears to be the entire episode (about 45 mins). National Geographic Megafactories.

Here's another link to a video of The LEGO Story https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NdDU_BB ... aD&index=4 Its the animated short film of the history of the LEGO company including its beginnings with wooden toys and transition to plastic. Most of you have probably seen it already.

Thank you both for sharing