New LEGO Brand Store opening in Toronto

Discuss about retailers that carries LEGO products here! Got a LEGO Product Find or Polybag Find from a store? Share it with us. It can be a new or even a really old retired set!
unclephn
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

New LEGO Brand Store opening in Toronto

Post by unclephn » Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:08 pm

The third LEGO Brand store opening in the GTA will be located at Yorkdale mall! To be honest, I'm quite surprised this wasn't chosen as the first location in Toronto, considering its location (a lot more central than Sherway Gardens in the west end of the GTA), and the massive volume of sales and traffic the mall attracts at any time of the year. Slated to open in 2013, its safe to assume it will open some time in the Spring.

Although this won't affect my LEGO excursions, since the Fairview store is much closer to me, the more LEGO stores available, the better for everyone!

Legobrandon
Count
Count

Re: New LEGO Brand Store opening in Toronto

Post by Legobrandon » Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:12 pm

Congrats! I remember one year ago I found out about the Vancouver location and was ecstatic.

dulait
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by dulait » Tue Dec 18, 2012 5:09 pm

There is also Legoland Discouvery Center will be openning in Vaughan Mills which also have a Lego store inside. So if we count that, I guess we will have the third and forth here in Ontario alone. I do not understand why LEGO not put one downtown at the Eaton Center since we already or will have 2-3 in the east end already.

dr_spock
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by dr_spock » Tue Dec 18, 2012 5:50 pm

Yeah, another store. Not sure about the crazy parking at Yorkdale Mall. :lol:

No highway exit near Eaton Centre. Seems like Lego is picking locations close to major highways.

davedude
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by davedude » Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:00 pm

think theyll give away minifigs on the grand opening of the discoverycenter on march 1st?

dulait
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by dulait » Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:53 am

davedude wrote:think theyll give away minifigs on the grand opening of the discoverycenter on march 1st?
I am hoping for that mini lego store sets instead, the mini figure set were all crappy from the last 3 stores openning, which I did not bother linning up for, except that I regret not linning up for the mini store set.

davedude
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by davedude » Thu Dec 20, 2012 7:10 pm

so you think i should pre order tickets??

ricefields
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by ricefields » Fri Jan 04, 2013 7:20 pm

dulait wrote:There is also Legoland Discouvery Center will be openning in Vaughan Mills which also have a Lego store inside. So if we count that, I guess we will have the third and forth here in Ontario alone. I do not understand why LEGO not put one downtown at the Eaton Center since we already or will have 2-3 in the east end already.
Putting stores like Lego goes against marketing strategy. Lego is a suburban draw and not for downtown shopping. Doubt if any lego stores are located downtown in any US city even though there are some cities with nice downtowns (chicago, boston, seattle)?

unclephn
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by unclephn » Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:59 pm

ricefields wrote:Putting stores like Lego goes against marketing strategy. Lego is a suburban draw and not for downtown shopping. Doubt if any lego stores are located downtown in any US city even though there are some cities with nice downtowns (chicago, boston, seattle)?
There's a store at the Rockefeller Center in NYC. Not technically 'downtown', but it's definitely not in the suburbs.

ricefields
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by ricefields » Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:54 pm

I thought about that one too, but manhattan is one big urban centre - probably the best spot re tourists and shopping in midtown. Prices at that lego store are also marked up (first time ever saw that) because of the tourist draw. Similar to the tru in times square, marked up beyond the normal tru markup!

I just realized I was mistaken, there is a lego store on the michigan mile in downtown chicago near the john hancock bulding

if one counts downtown disney as a downtown location that could be another! although downtown orlando is alot further north.

scotts
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by scotts » Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:37 pm

I'm not greedy I just want ONE store in Edmonton. Either way though I'm happy they're opening stores to draw more people into this obsession err hobby.

Bricksareforme
Peasant
Peasant

Post by Bricksareforme » Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:57 am

scotts wrote:I'm not greedy I just want ONE store in Edmonton. Either way though I'm happy they're opening stores to draw more people into this obsession err hobby.
I'm greedy! :-D I want TWO stores in Vancouver! Actually, the store in Oakridge, as terrific as the store and the staff is, can't support the volume of sales it does for the whole mainland. Stock is always out or gone fast.

Congruence
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by Congruence » Sun Mar 17, 2013 12:04 pm

Was talking with a few people that work for the mall (Yorkdale) today, and they all said it was opening this fall sometime.

Legobrandon
Count
Count

Post by Legobrandon » Sun Mar 31, 2013 3:50 pm

Grand opening celebration will take place from May 31-June 2. I'm guessing the usual gifts with a $30+ purchase, a T-Shirt, Minifigure set and the mini LEGO store model.

dr_spock
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by dr_spock » Sun Mar 31, 2013 3:54 pm

Soft opening is probably in May.

russlav
I'm New !

Post by russlav » Sun May 05, 2013 5:35 pm

Has anyone heard anything more about when we can expect the store to open at Yorkdale?

dr_spock
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by dr_spock » Thu May 09, 2013 8:44 pm

Soft opening: May 17.

Grand opening: May 31 weekend.

russlav
I'm New !

Post by russlav » Fri May 10, 2013 9:05 pm

darn, was hoping it might be my lucky weekend tomorrow when I head that way...and it doesn't look like i'll be in town for the grand opening either...

dr_spock
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by dr_spock » Wed May 15, 2013 7:59 pm

Soft opening might be pushed to May 18.

russlav
I'm New !

Post by russlav » Tue May 21, 2013 5:49 pm

anyone know if the store is open now? I will be in the area tomorrow and would like to stop in if it is open