TRU Ninjago Spinjitzu Camp

Discuss about retailers that carries LEGO products here! Got a LEGO Product Find or Polybag Find from a store? Share it with us. It can be a new or even a really old retired set!
brixter
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

TRU Ninjago Spinjitzu Camp

Post by brixter » Fri Apr 01, 2011 7:52 pm

Going on this Saturday at most TRU. I don't know if you get any free goodies (*cough*-Skeleton Chopper-*cough*), but here's the info...

http://ninjagospinjitzucamp.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

brixter
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Re: TRU Ninjago Spinjitzu Camp

Post by brixter » Sat Apr 02, 2011 11:58 am

Wow. That was incredibly lame. Went to the one at Times Square, the flagship store, and my son stayed for maybe 5 minutes. You got a small poster and a sandwich bag with 11 random bricks in it. What a waste of time. You couldn't even battle because the table that was set up had a tablecloth on it. There were no Lego representatives present.

jsnweitzel
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by jsnweitzel » Sat Apr 02, 2011 6:12 pm

We have 2 TRU's in our county and neither one was selected for it. The nearest store that was doing it was over an hour away. I asked the local TRU hostess that does all the events and she said that the store had no decision in whether or not they participated but expected a lot of disappointed people when they showed up to the store without checking the website first.

turtle1173
Knight
Knight

Post by turtle1173 » Sat Apr 02, 2011 7:13 pm

My kids and I enjoyed the training camp today. They let us randomly pick out ten bricks in which we could modify our spinners, for shields and height. She showed us how to spin the spinners on the ninjas head and gave instruction on spinning technique. The kids had fun.

meyerc13
Knight
Knight

Post by meyerc13 » Sun Apr 03, 2011 12:02 am

My kids liked it well enough, but it wasn't the most exciting. Essentially the store was sent a box with two $10 Ninjago packs, posters, and a bunch of bags of various colored bricks/plates. They didn't put any limits on what pieces you could have, it was pretty much you took what you wanted (there was no way they were going to run out with the huge box they had).

The employees said they didn't send any of the battle rings, so one of the employees made one out of 1x4 plates with 2x2 plates at the corners. Battling wasn't the greatest because the table cloth interfered with the spinning.

I saw many parents who showed up but hadn't brought or bought a Ninjago figure, and the two sent by LEGO weren't enough for everyone to share. I don't understand why LEGO didn't include something related to Ninjago... cards, weapons, something specific to this theme rather than basic bricks/plates.

Oh well... my kids had fun because we showed up early and got to participate, unlike the LEGO race car event we went to a while back where they ran out of frames/wheels and my kids left disappointed. It wasn't exactly what I expected, but it wasn't aimed at me.

turtle1173
Knight
Knight

Post by turtle1173 » Sun Apr 03, 2011 10:10 am

Yeah, it certainly could have been better but it wasn't bad for what it was. I understand that each store probably did things in different ways. It would have been nice if there was "something" to build or some kind of give away, other than a ninjago poster and 10 bricks (for us anyway).

They said there were supposed to be 4 of these events this year: April, May, August & September. With September being a battle tournament. The winner was supposed to receive a Sensei Wu pack, one employee told me.

The turnout wasn't really that big (I didn't feel like) and everyone was gone after the first hour. There may have been others to show up later but usually your diehard crowd will be there when it starts.