LEGO Batman Bat-Signal build @ TRU

Discuss about retailers that carries LEGO products here! Got a LEGO Product Find or Polybag Find from a store? Share it with us. It can be a new or even a really old retired set!
tred912
Citizen
Citizen

LEGO Batman Bat-Signal build @ TRU

Post by tred912 » Sat Oct 18, 2014 12:16 pm

image.jpg
Attended event w/son today. Went pretty smooth got a DC Comics comic book along with sheet of instructions. There were about 50+ parents/kids waiting in line when we arrived. We were able to put Lego pieces in plastic bag and build later. They also has some pre-bagged.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

sketchman
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Re: LEGO Batman Bat-Signal build @ TRU

Post by sketchman » Sat Oct 18, 2014 3:03 pm

I attended one at our only TRU....LOTS of people in line....we arrived at 11:30 and were near the front...the kit is pretty simple and if you got a lot of bricks, you can probably make one without having gone....There were a few adults in line without children...I wondered how they handled that...

SpaceNinjaDino
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by SpaceNinjaDino » Sat Oct 18, 2014 9:51 pm

I use to go to these without a kid. But then they started putting in the fine print for "kids ages a-b", and never attempted to go again.

3-4 of those pieces are kinda rare. I don't have any to spare.

Good thing I didn't have my heart set on this. My car broke an axle today. Luckily there is another car I can borrow for tomorrow's Bricktober Week 3.

aussie
I'm New !

Post by aussie » Sat Oct 18, 2014 10:07 pm

TRU suck! I took my boys and we were in line and by 12:20 they were all out of pieces. Why have an event from 12-2pm and have it be out by 12:20?! I overheard one of the people working there say that they were supposed to have 100 sets but they didn't get enough pieces because there were about 20 or so bags left over or people were just being greedy and took extra pieces. Who knows, but you'd think they'd have more pieces in case of such issues. Such a disappointment!

Wheeefun
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by Wheeefun » Sun Oct 19, 2014 6:01 am

My local had plenty of sets on-hand and after I saw several of my adult-collector friends WITH NO KIDS in the store and they all had their sets, I went over to see if I could get one myself. The table was full of them but to my dismay the worker at the table was a beyotch who dislikes me because I buy lots of toys and have no kids. Of course I was turned away because I was an adult, and when I asked why other adults in the store had sets and no kids she claimed to not know what I was talking about.

I used my receipt to give her the worst employee review I could, and I feel d**n good about it too. One personal grudge deserves another...

tred912
Citizen
Citizen

Post by tred912 » Sun Oct 19, 2014 11:11 am

The comic book included the Lego varient cover offered a few months ago... Great for those who could not buy them back then
image.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Nepenthe7
Knight
Knight

Post by Nepenthe7 » Sun Oct 19, 2014 11:57 pm

Anyone want to trade their bat signal? I have a Star Wars rebels ghost ship from the previous week. Thanks.