Shop Your Way Rewards-Kmart

Discuss about retailers that carries LEGO products here! Got a LEGO Product Find or Polybag Find from a store? Share it with us. It can be a new or even a really old retired set!
lego the hutt
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Shop Your Way Rewards-Kmart

Post by lego the hutt » Thu Jun 26, 2014 4:59 pm

I just stopped by Kmart on my way home from work and picked up a free Mixels.

It got me wondering if the shop your way program between Sears/Kmart is common knowledge or not?

About every couple of weeks I get an email that says I have either 3$ or 5$ free to spend on anything in the store...no minimum purchase but it is usually only good for 2 or 3 days. (I got a 5000 free points email this morning ...5$...so I grabbed a free mixel)

Also when you are at your local kmart you can use the shop your way app to "shop in" based on your location. Click the shop in button and then you get extra deals that you can instantly load to your account...and they all stack.

3$ off 10$ spent in toys
5$ off any 25$ purchase
10$ off any 50$ purchase...these are all most likely available at any given time but, like the free points email, they are only available for a limited time... you have to be at Kmart to get them anyway...and next time you stop by and re-shop-in they will all most likely be available again.

All of these deals stack with any normal sale and they also all stack with themselves. I ended up with a free mixel today but I could have gotten something valued at 10$ for 2$...because of my 5$ in free points and 3$ off 10$ spent in toys, or I could have gotten 13$ off a 25$ toy...etc.

Do note that some of the deals say you earn "X" amount of points with this purchase...those points get added to your account as soon as the items are scanned so you can ask the cashier to use your points right then to get money off on that same transaction.

At any given time it is pretty easy to stack discounts and get a good deal if you price it out right...sometimes though I want that set that is 49.99 and you save an extra 10$ off if it is 50$ or more so I end up searching around for something I want that is very cheap to put me over the threshold. That is how they get you in the end. But sometimes it works out perfectly.

I have been using this for a couple years now. For my money Kmart is much much cheaper than Walmart.

You may have to sign up for the program in store in order to get your shop your way card that the cashier scans. Here is a link to the app I think you should be able to figure it out from there: http://www.shopyourway.com/mobile

TheKragle
I'm New !

Re: Shop Your Way Rewards-Kmart

Post by TheKragle » Mon Jul 07, 2014 7:48 pm

It appears LEGO toys have been almost eliminated from shop your way points. All legos have been hit with the hot buy tag which usually means swy point coupons cannot be used on them. You may however be able to use SYW points for redemption on them.

lego the hutt
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by lego the hutt » Tue Jul 08, 2014 2:23 pm

TheKragle wrote:It appears LEGO toys have been almost eliminated from shop your way points. All legos have been hit with the hot buy tag which usually means swy point coupons cannot be used on them. You may however be able to use SYW points for redemption on them.
I'm not sure where you are finding this information. I use syw points and coupons on lego all the time. It even works on clearance toys that are 50% off already. The last time I used a shop your way coupon was 3 days ago.
Maybe you had a bad cashier that didn't let you or didn't know how to apply your points? The coupons are applied automatically in the computer/register but the points have to be manually applied by the cashier. I've never had a cashier not be willing and able to apply my points to anything. Heck, I leave with something for free without spending a penny fairly often.

dho7622u
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by dho7622u » Tue Jul 08, 2014 4:52 pm

I don't have tons of points (as it is only a previous Lego purchase, more than likely) but they have always been applied for me. No problems ever.

david

TheKragle
I'm New !

Post by TheKragle » Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:30 am

All of the Legos listed online are now considered 'hot buys' which prevents the use of coupons when order them. (I assume online only?) So if you have a $5 off online toy coupon (or the like) it won't work with legos purchased online anymore. Anything listed online as a 'hot buy' prevents online coupon codes from working.

lego the hutt
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by lego the hutt » Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:12 am

TheKragle wrote:All of the Legos listed online are now considered 'hot buys' which prevents the use of coupons when order them. (I assume online only?) So if you have a $5 off online toy coupon (or the like) it won't work with legos purchased online anymore. Anything listed online as a 'hot buy' prevents online coupon codes from working.
Considering you have to be at the store to get the extra "shop in" coupons and extra points that are available from the app you are missing out on a lot of the discounts by ordering online anyway (not to mention all the items that get put on clearance fairly frequently in store).

You can use points on items that are listed as "hot buys" in store as well as other, more deeply discounted, items.

I'm curious where you get the online only coupons? Are they actual "shop your way" coupons (which is a program that is through both kmart and sears), or are they just standard kmart coupons? I'm not sure if I have ever noticed an online only syw coupon, if I have it has been awhile and I have forgotten.

dho7622u
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by dho7622u » Wed Jul 09, 2014 1:42 pm

You have to go to the shop your way website and load em.

lego the hutt
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by lego the hutt » Wed Jul 09, 2014 3:23 pm

dho7622u wrote:You have to go to the shop your way website and load em.
I figure that is the same as the app right?...in a less mobile friendly format

gopalkrishnan
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by gopalkrishnan » Thu Jul 17, 2014 4:30 am

Whenever I look for LEGO toys, I prefer getting them through discounts. That's a pretty effective idea to save good bucks.

SEK527
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by SEK527 » Tue Aug 05, 2014 2:55 pm

Last year, KMart Shop Your Way rewards sent me free $3 to spend as you wish at least 3 times per month for about 3 months. This year, I've gotten some offers for $5 off $35 toy puchase. This year I used three money off offers for LEGO. I didn't have an issues either in store or online to for the discounts.