Build tips/help

Every week, a LEGO(My Own Creation) posted here will be featured on our front page. Got a cool creation? Share it! This is also the place to share your building tips and ideas as well as LEGO IDEAS.
charonlarp
I'm New !

Build tips/help

Post by charonlarp » Sun Jan 25, 2015 2:01 am

I really like the MoF0 game idea. I am eventually going to purchase the rulebook and force my friends to play it.

More specifically, I really like the Intercept Orbit idea.

My biggest issue... I am completely at a loss for how to build them. I just cannot seem to wrap my head around the technique. I've no lack of parts overall... but I could stand to purchase more for the specific reasons to build MoF0 Ships and Frames.

Anyway, I am asking for some help finding build specs/instructions for Ships. Just the ships. As there are no shortages of builds that I could find for the mobile frames. Or your own builds if you have them.

ALSO, and yes, I know this is a lot.

If anyone has a list of the most common pieces used in making the ships and frames, I'd like to see it. I'm looking to just use briklink or some other such system for buying legos to just get large numbers of those specific parts without adding the bulk of parts that won't use.

Thanks in advance for any assistance!

Mantisking
Top Forum Contributor
Top Forum Contributor

Re: Build tips/help

Post by Mantisking » Sun Jan 25, 2015 1:21 pm

charonlarp wrote:I really like the MoF0 game idea. I am eventually going to purchase the rulebook and force my friends to play it.
It's usually abbreviated MFZ. "MoF0" is what we call a fan of the game.
charonlarp wrote:More specifically, I really like the Intercept Orbit idea.
Cool.
charonlarp wrote:My biggest issue... I am completely at a loss for how to build them. I just cannot seem to wrap my head around the technique. I've no lack of parts overall... but I could stand to purchase more for the specific reasons to build MoF0 Ships and Frames.
There will be ship instructions included in the book for all the main designs once it is published. Frame Squads in MFZ:IO are small scale representations of a group of frames. Like this or these.
charonlarp wrote:Anyway, I am asking for some help finding build specs/instructions for Ships. Just the ships. As there are no shortages of builds that I could find for the mobile frames. Or your own builds if you have them.
The only instructions I have are for my Modular Starship idea. I guess I should start compiling a list of other sets of instructions.
charonlarp wrote:ALSO, and yes, I know this is a lot.

If anyone has a list of the most common pieces used in making the ships and frames, I'd like to see it. I'm looking to just use briklink or some other such system for buying legos to just get large numbers of those specific parts without adding the bulk of parts that won't use.
For Frames, there's the Garage parts list or the list compiled over on the Flickr group.
charonlarp wrote:Thanks in advance for any assistance!
You're welcome. But why didn't you ask these questions over on the Hangar?