Building accessible star ships to minifigure scale?

Every week, a LEGO(My Own Creation) posted here will be featured on our front page. Got a cool creation? Share it! This is also the place to share your building tips and ideas as well as LEGO IDEAS.
Noca
I'm New !

Building accessible star ships to minifigure scale?

Post by Noca » Sun Sep 06, 2015 3:30 pm

Has anyone built any large star ships built to the scale of a lego minifigure with multiple accessible floors? I have seen lots of pictures of large Lego star ships on the web, but most of them are not scaled to the size of lego minifigures, and the ones that are I don't think have accessible interiors.

Anyone wanna share ideas of how they have built one or would build one?

Neo
Knight
Knight

Re: Building accessible star ships to minifigure scale?

Post by Neo » Sat Mar 05, 2016 11:42 am

Beyond the high cost - e.g. the Lego Death star - just keeping the bricks from falling off is one of the MOC challenges of a large mini fig scaled ship . Modular buildings which are built to the scale of a Lego minifig also have the same challenges. Lego Train bridges and tunnels also have the same issues too but to a lesser level. When large Lego ships are built at mini scale level the hulls are often built in cross section that snap together like modular building so - moving it in cross sections makes it possible to move a large Lego Moc without it crumbling in your hands.