[USA] Target Black Friday Lego

Share your LEGO Sales and LEGO Deals Finds here.
Forum rules
Please remember that Store Pricing topics should be placed in the "Retailer Discussions" Forum. If you find new LEGO products (and not on sale), please post in the "LEGO Availability" Forum.
pumbaugh
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

[USA] Target Black Friday Lego

Post by pumbaugh » Tue Nov 09, 2010 6:35 pm

5974 Galactic Enforcer
7097 Troll's Mountain Fortress

Your Choice 64.99

Hoping for better from some other retailers I guess.

Found the ad scan here

http://forum.blu-ray.com/black-friday/1 ... riday.html

SpaceViking
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Re: [USA] Target Black Friday Lego

Post by SpaceViking » Tue Nov 09, 2010 6:47 pm

pumbaugh wrote: 5974 Galactic Enforcer ... 64.99
sweet. I've been holding off on this, hoping to see the price drop some more. Thanks for posting.

Mantisking
Top Forum Contributor
Top Forum Contributor

Post by Mantisking » Tue Nov 09, 2010 6:48 pm

I thought someone would be offering the Galactic Enforcer.

Ice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ice » Tue Nov 09, 2010 6:50 pm

Thanks for the heads up! Front Paged

Would like to add that you can also get a FREE $10 Gift Card when you spend $100 or more instores. FREE Gift Card offer is only valid from 4-10 a.m on Black Friday.

jsnweitzel
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by jsnweitzel » Tue Nov 09, 2010 7:01 pm

Just saw this on the black friday forum I go to. You beat me to it!

I actually passed on a Galactic Enforcer when Target had them marked down. I'd already picked up a bunch of other sets for my son. But the Troll Fortress was one that I had always wanted to get him and could never find when TRU was having deals. I guess I know where I'm going unless TRU or Walmart have better items.

anakinisvader
Knight
Knight

Post by anakinisvader » Tue Nov 09, 2010 8:36 pm

I actually found a Troll's Fortress at a Target clearanced for $49.99 (50% off). Funny how their black friday deal is more than a clearance price.
Why do we drive on a parkway and park on a driveway?

legitimatealex
Count
Count

Post by legitimatealex » Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:06 pm

anakinisvader wrote:I actually found a Troll's Fortress at a Target clearanced for $49.99 (50% off). Funny how their black friday deal is more than a clearance price.
They never have good Black Friday events. I came in and saw one of the Troll's Fortresses and I thought I got super lucky on clearance. It wasn't. :?
http://www.eightclickbrick.com/ Find me here on the internet.

Playing with LEGO when I can. Where does the time go?

brickz
Knight
Knight

Post by brickz » Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:51 pm

The discounts are getting worst. It was 40% off last year. Oh well, at least the gift card will help bring the price down a bit.

SpaceNinjaDino
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by SpaceNinjaDino » Tue Nov 09, 2010 10:23 pm

anakinisvader wrote:I actually found a Troll's Fortress at a Target clearanced for $49.99 (50% off). Funny how their black friday deal is more than a clearance price.
I say that's pretty lucky. I think I have 3 Troll's Fortress and the lowest I got to pay was $75 each for 2 (and the other at full price).

On the flip side, I was able to get 2 Galactic Enforcers for $50 each at Target and don't wish for more.

$65 for the Troll Fortress is a heck of a deal for me. I will pick up two ... that should give me enough pieces for a Troll Castle.

legohunter
Count
Count

Post by legohunter » Tue Nov 09, 2010 10:31 pm

I wonder which TARGET still has the "Troll’s Mountain Fortress" in stock? I haven't seen this box set on the shelf for a while. Will all TARGET store get some of them for Black Friday?

SpaceNinjaDino
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by SpaceNinjaDino » Wed Nov 10, 2010 3:50 am

legitimatealex wrote:They never have good Black Friday events.
Are you serious? I thought the $50 Star Destroyer was epic. I can't believe I only bought one. That was two years ago. I did pass on last year's.

vynsane
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator

Post by vynsane » Wed Nov 10, 2010 4:18 am

yoda99 wrote:They will have it instock. It happened last year with indiana jones temple of crystal skull. My Target had nothing and on black friday, they had like 10 of them! I think many retailers had their Black Friday sales all planned out well in advance. Target probably ordered tons of these sets before they became no longer available, then had them in their warehouses for the big Black Friday event.
So you're saying the Target near me that had the Galactic Enforcer on clearance for 50% off is going to get more of them and sell them for 30% off? That's pretty dumb.
ALL HAIL THE BLACTRON EMPIRE!

Flickr Photostream | Dropbox - LDD files and instruction archive

ncbarrett
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by ncbarrett » Wed Nov 10, 2010 6:33 am

vynsane wrote:
So you're saying the Target near me that had the Galactic Enforcer on clearance for 50% off is going to get more of them and sell them for 30% off? That's pretty dumb.
Target does that a lot.
I have bought a LEGO set on clearance, and within a few months it is back on shelves for full price.
I have inoperable cancer and am unable to work. Any gifts would be appreciated. Thank you!

NIGELTTF
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by NIGELTTF » Wed Nov 10, 2010 9:26 am

legohunter wrote:I wonder which TARGET still has the "Troll’s Mountain Fortress" in stock? I haven't seen this box set on the shelf for a while. Will all TARGET store get some of them for Black Friday?
My thoughts exactly, I haven't seen the Troll Foretress in Stock at Target since May.

Asterios
Knight
Knight

Post by Asterios » Wed Nov 10, 2010 5:23 pm

i'm wondering about this myself since neither set is advertised on other BF sales listings, but then they had no LEGO listed so could be a typo on their end too.

koromo
Knight
Knight

Post by koromo » Wed Nov 10, 2010 6:06 pm

I saw two enforcers for $50 clearance at the same walmart with the PoP sets. Is there some back stock that the warehouses are carting out?
Lego Fan based in Seacoast Area of New Hampshire.

oocaleb101oo
Knight
Knight

Post by oocaleb101oo » Mon Nov 15, 2010 8:36 am

Saw a Target had 5 or 6 of these Troll sets and I was in shock thinking they were gone for good. Do you think one could buy them now and have them price match during black friday? I really want this set and don't want to give it up.... or spend over 100 haha.

ncbarrett
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by ncbarrett » Mon Nov 15, 2010 8:42 am

oocaleb101oo wrote:Saw a Target had 5 or 6 of these Troll sets and I was in shock thinking they were gone for good. Do you think one could buy them now and have them price match during black friday? I really want this set and don't want to give it up.... or spend over 100 haha.
I Believe Target will price match for 14 days.
Not sure how they will be about it on black friday, might do it, but could be a hassle.
I have inoperable cancer and am unable to work. Any gifts would be appreciated. Thank you!

legitimatealex
Count
Count

Post by legitimatealex » Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:18 am

If you don't want to rush to the stores on Black Friday I have it on good authority you can get all of their deals online as well.
http://www.eightclickbrick.com/ Find me here on the internet.

Playing with LEGO when I can. Where does the time go?

jsnweitzel
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by jsnweitzel » Mon Nov 15, 2010 6:10 pm

oocaleb101oo wrote:Saw a Target had 5 or 6 of these Troll sets and I was in shock thinking they were gone for good. Do you think one could buy them now and have them price match during black friday? I really want this set and don't want to give it up.... or spend over 100 haha.
I've been trying to find info about Target price matching during BF but haven't found anything reliable yet. I know that many stores will not price match on BF specifically for this reason and so that their sales people aren't bogged down by this as well. Same goes for returns.

I want the set for my son but I haven't decided if I want to buy other stuff at Target. If I do not want other items, it makes no sense for me to stand in line for hours to save $30. You take chances with online as well. These items will be limited stock and just because your order is confirmed doesn't mean the stock will be available to ship it. Also have to cross your fingers that the store's servers aren't overwhelmed.