Wish you got it sooner...

The place for General LEGO Discussions such as the LEGO website, video games, movie, general LEGO inquries and everything else not included in our forums.
legitimatealex
Count
Count

Re: Wish you get it sooner...

Post by legitimatealex » Thu Jul 22, 2010 6:31 am

My grandfather was a trash collector and he said he sold a ton of stuff to get by straight from people's trash. They're pretty good at spotting what's worth something and what's not. Classic LEGO = worth taking.
http://www.eightclickbrick.com/ Find me here on the internet.

Playing with LEGO when I can. Where does the time go?

ncbarrett
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by ncbarrett » Fri Jul 23, 2010 9:56 am

legitimatealex wrote:My grandfather was a trash collector and he said he sold a ton of stuff to get by straight from people's trash...
That explains the strange sell from the Ebay Legos i buy. :lol:
I have inoperable cancer and am unable to work. Any gifts would be appreciated. Thank you!

somehappybricks
I'm New !

Re: Wish you got it sooner...

Post by somehappybricks » Mon Jul 26, 2010 2:06 am

I saw 'TOWN PLAN" on sale on Amazon right after the turkey day sales.
It was $89.00 but I thought that it was kinda selfish to purchase it since it would have taken money away from gifts that I was to purchase for others.
I have not seen it for under $200 anywhere.
(I really only want the movie theater).
(((((((curses))))))))

To make up for it, I purchased the brigade and green grocer within weeks of each other.
If I see it and want it, from now on, I am going to get it if the bills are paid! I will have to be a bit more creative with the gift giving this xmas, just incase something else nice comes out, I will not be caught with my pants down.

starwarsgeek
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by starwarsgeek » Tue Jul 27, 2010 6:23 pm

somehappybricks wrote:I saw 'TOWN PLAN" on sale on Amazon right after the turkey day sales.
It was $89.00 but I thought that it was kinda selfish to purchase it since it would have taken money away from gifts that I was to purchase for others.
I have not seen it for under $200 anywhere.
(I really only want the movie theater).
(((((((curses))))))))

To make up for it, I purchased the brigade and green grocer within weeks of each other.
If I see it and want it, from now on, I am going to get it if the bills are paid! I will have to be a bit more creative with the gift giving this xmas, just incase something else nice comes out, I will not be caught with my pants down.
You should get it soon. A new one is over $200 on bricklink already.

NIGELTTF
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by NIGELTTF » Thu Aug 19, 2010 10:46 am

legitimatealex wrote:Before I came out of my dark ages I was walking through Target and saw the Exo Force sets and thought they were really cool, but I really wasn’t into LEGO and hadn’t been since around 7th grade so I passed. Fast forward to the year I started getting back into LEGO after my girlfriend and I dug up an old bin of her LEGO bricks and started playing with them. I remembered the Exo Force set that I wanted and went back to see if they had it but to my surprise I was seriously a month too late because Exo Force had ended by then. I now have no Exo Force sets and am a sad panda.

Moral of the story: if there is a set you really want never hesitate to save up and by it before it is too late!
Actually Exoforce was not a very popular line, and is readily available with only minimal markups(I've seen sets regularly going for only 10% over msrp) in the secondary market.

slacker
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by slacker » Thu Aug 19, 2010 11:12 am

I wish I would've gotten cafe corner last winter. Now it's atleast double that. I have fire brigade and Grand emporium. I'll be getting green grocer shortly.

calvinwashere2
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by calvinwashere2 » Thu Aug 19, 2010 11:22 am

slacker wrote:I wish I would've gotten cafe corner last winter. Now it's atleast double that. I have fire brigade and Grand emporium. I'll be getting green grocer shortly.
Good for you, go for it! You'll love Green Grocer. I think it's an even better built than Cafe Corner for its variety and details. This is one you don't want to miss (this time around). :)

slacker
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by slacker » Thu Aug 19, 2010 1:07 pm

We haven't finished the fire brigade since I'm waiting for Lego to send me a replacement garage door panel. It came bent. I disappointed that the base was two pieces instead of one large piece. I'm really digging these modular buildings and hope they come out with more.

NIGELTTF
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by NIGELTTF » Fri Aug 20, 2010 6:21 am

slacker wrote:We haven't finished the fire brigade since I'm waiting for Lego to send me a replacement garage door panel. It came bent. I disappointed that the base was two pieces instead of one large piece. I'm really digging these modular buildings and hope they come out with more.
Very good speculation is that they have at least one more in the works; wild speculation is that it is post office.
:)

toystest
Knight
Knight

Post by toystest » Fri Aug 20, 2010 7:07 am

NIGELTTF wrote:
slacker wrote:We haven't finished the fire brigade since I'm waiting for Lego to send me a replacement garage door panel. It came bent. I disappointed that the base was two pieces instead of one large piece. I'm really digging these modular buildings and hope they come out with more.
Very good speculation is that they have at least one more in the works; wild speculation is that it is post office.
Seeing as how popular those modular sets are I can not imagine that they are going to stop making those anytime soon.
The reason people think the next one is a post office is because of the following:
The Green Grocer had a Fire hydrant sitting outside -> Next set was the Fire Brigade
The Emporium has a mailbox in front of it -> people assume the next one is a mail office.

NIGELTTF
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by NIGELTTF » Fri Aug 20, 2010 8:49 am

I don't know about sooner, but I do regret not buy that battered box of the UCS X-wing in the Toys_R-Us clearance isle for $90.00. I was thinking..."ugh It could have leaked some parts, and only 10% off? I'll Pass."

legohunter
Count
Count

Post by legohunter » Sat Aug 21, 2010 11:50 am

I was in dark age for many years until last year. I remember during this years I passed by TRUs, I saw that the sets 7785-1: Arkham Asylum and 7783-1: The Batcave: The Penguin and Mr. Freeze's Invasion were all 50% off. However, I didn't pick them up.

Nowaday, the price of all batman stuff are skyrocketing. I believe that I might not be able to collect all of them. I was glad that I got two small sets of batman lego as a gift during the dark age, and luckily I did not sell them at ebay.

slacker
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by slacker » Mon Aug 23, 2010 6:27 am

toystest wrote:
NIGELTTF wrote:
Seeing as how popular those modular sets are I can not imagine that they are going to stop making those anytime soon.
The reason people think the next one is a post office is because of the following:
The Green Grocer had a Fire hydrant sitting outside -> Next set was the Fire Brigade
The Emporium has a mailbox in front of it -> people assume the next one is a mail office.
Just to clarify. the order they came out was

Cafe Corner
Green Grocer
Fire Brigade
Grand Emporium
?

legitimatealex
Count
Count

Post by legitimatealex » Tue Aug 24, 2010 7:59 am

I broke down and ordered a complete set of the first series of collectible minifigures three days ago, about $3.50/fig. I was super excited since I ordered them Sunday I would probably get them by the end of the week...They shipped by USPS...ETA: September 14th. What the hell...
http://www.eightclickbrick.com/ Find me here on the internet.

Playing with LEGO when I can. Where does the time go?

slimninj4
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by slimninj4 » Tue Aug 24, 2010 9:54 am

Wish I picked up the UCS SD when it was on sale and the Y wing.

Glad, GLAD i got the UCS MF for 300$ at the lego outlet. :-D almost bought 2 of them but it too bulky to walk in the mall with.

gabriellee11
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by gabriellee11 » Tue Aug 24, 2010 10:14 am

slimninj4 wrote:Wish I picked up the UCS SD when it was on sale and the Y wing.

Glad, GLAD i got the UCS MF for 300$ at the lego outlet. :-D almost bought 2 of them but it too bulky to walk in the mall with.
Can you tell me which lego outlet store you got the UCS MF?

vynsane
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator

Post by vynsane » Tue Aug 24, 2010 12:10 pm

legitimatealex wrote:I broke down and ordered a complete set of the first series of collectible minifigures three days ago, about $3.50/fig. I was super excited since I ordered them Sunday I would probably get them by the end of the week...They shipped by USPS...ETA: September 14th. What the hell...
SHENANIGANS! Who did you buy them from?
ALL HAIL THE BLACTRON EMPIRE!

Flickr Photostream | Dropbox - LDD files and instruction archive

ncbarrett
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by ncbarrett » Tue Aug 24, 2010 12:31 pm

toystest wrote: Seeing as how popular those modular sets are I can not imagine that they are going to stop making those anytime soon.
What was on the fire brigade that implied emporium?
I have inoperable cancer and am unable to work. Any gifts would be appreciated. Thank you!

toystest
Knight
Knight

Post by toystest » Tue Aug 24, 2010 12:45 pm

ncbarrett wrote:
toystest wrote: Seeing as how popular those modular sets are I can not imagine that they are going to stop making those anytime soon.
What was on the fire brigade that implied emporium?
As far as I know nothing, neither did the cafe corner have anything to predict the green grocer. My argument was to explain that I do not think the next one will be a mail office.

NIGELTTF
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by NIGELTTF » Tue Aug 24, 2010 1:06 pm

[quote="slacker

The Emporium has a mailbox in front of it -> people assume the next one is a mail office.[/quote]

Just to clarify. the order they came out was

Cafe Corner
Green Grocer
Fire Brigade
Grand Emporium
?[/quote]

You forgot the short lived Market Street 10190, between Cafe Corner and Green Grocer. I'm glad to have a copy, given what it is going for nowadays.