LEGOShop New Product Launch for May 2012

Discuss about retailers that carries LEGO products here! Got a LEGO Product Find or Polybag Find from a store? Share it with us. It can be a new or even a really old retired set!
robertwilliamneil
Citizen
Citizen

Re: LEGOShop New Product Launch for May 2012

Post by robertwilliamneil » Wed May 02, 2012 3:48 pm

I was just curious because of the wording of the vip email. It says star wars gifts and an instant VIP reward when you purchase the new R2. So, i wonder if the 3rd R2 item is that?

evo8hks
Knight
Knight

Post by evo8hks » Wed May 02, 2012 5:14 pm

I'm only getting the R2-D2 set to show up in my order. None of the other lines are showing up.

starfire2
Knight
Knight

Post by starfire2 » Wed May 02, 2012 5:54 pm

evo8hks wrote:I'm only getting the R2-D2 set to show up in my order. None of the other lines are showing up.
Did you log into your VIP account before checking out or adding R2D2 to your cart? If not, it may not add the TC-14 or poster to your order!

FattyMoBookyButt
I'm New !

Post by FattyMoBookyButt » Wed May 02, 2012 6:21 pm

I got the email from LEGO this afternoon and thought it was stating VIPs could get early access to the free shipping and May the 4th bonuses:
Use the force this May 4th and 5th and you'll receive some fantastic LEGO® Star Wars™ gifts plus free shipping when you spend $75 or more at a LEGO Store or via shop.LEGO.com.
You can qualify for these offers and also earn an instant VIP Reward when you purchase the brand new R2-D2 ™ Exclusive. This great addition to the LEGO Star Wars™ theme measures over 12 inches high by 7.1 inches wide and will keep even the most devoted young Jedi busy for hours… happy building!
When I checked my cart (I already had R2 in there from yesterday), it wasn't showing the bonus figure, but it was showing free shipping. I tried removing, clicking on the link in the email and re-adding to my cart, but it still didn't show the bonus TC-14...I couldn't wait any longer, so I ordered up about 15 minutes ago. I have not received a confirmation email, but I'll post an update when I do.

Free shipping was applied, so I feel good about my chances of getting the silver bot...we'll see.

PTSandman
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by PTSandman » Wed May 02, 2012 6:38 pm

Signed out, signed into my VIP account.

Added the UCS set.

Only free shipping applied. No poster, no mini-fig.

This isn't like the ARC trooper where you had to enter a promo code is it?

Kodiak10
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by Kodiak10 » Wed May 02, 2012 7:34 pm

This is very confusing. I'm tempted to order the R2-D2 now. I want extra MiniFigs!!

tensor
Knight
Knight

Post by tensor » Wed May 02, 2012 7:48 pm

So yeah, from the email...

Use the force this May 4th and 5th and you'll receive some fantastic LEGO® Star Wars™ gifts plus free shipping when you spend $75 or more at a LEGO Store or via shop.LEGO.com. You can qualify for these offers and also earn an instant VIP Reward when you purchase the brand new R2-D2 ™ Exclusive.

I'm intrigued by the "and also earn an instant VIP Reward" part. This implies that if you are a VIP and buy R2-D2 you get "these offers" (which equate to the TC-14, the poster and free shipping) plus some other "instant VIP Reward" that isn't identified.

Is anyone else reading it that way or is it just me?

FattyMoBookyButt
I'm New !

Post by FattyMoBookyButt » Wed May 02, 2012 7:54 pm

And bingo! I got my confirmation email about 90 minutes after my order was placed and it came with extra clarification at the top:
This email is confirmation that we have received your order placed on 05-03-2012. Your order details are below.

Please note that as an added bonus, your order of the exclusive R2-D2™ set qualifies for our upcoming LEGO® Star Wars™ May the 4th two-day promotion. Along with R2-D2™ you will receive free shipping, a free exclusive TC-14 Minifigure and an exclusive R2-D2™ poster.
TC-14 Excl. MF 1 USD 0.00 <- Minifigure
Item: 5000063

R2D2 POSTER GWP 1 USD 0.00 <- Poster
Item: 5001162

10225 R2-D2[TM] V39 1 USD 0.00 <- R2-D2 UCS
Item: 10225

R2-D2 KIT 1 USD 179.99 <- May the 4th bundle I'm guessing
Item: 5001166
Giddy up VIPs! Thanks Muntz and all for the heads up.

kuchiki
I'm New !

Post by kuchiki » Wed May 02, 2012 9:01 pm

Is May free shipping month? And sorry, what's UCS?

Legobrandon
Count
Count

Post by Legobrandon » Wed May 02, 2012 9:08 pm

kuchiki wrote:Is May free shipping month? And sorry, what's UCS?
I am unsure about the free shipping and when it is valid until but I do know what UCS is. UCS= Ultimate Collectors Series. You can see a list of the UCS sets LEGO has released in the past here: http://brickset.com/browse/themes/?them ... r%20Series" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

spongy
I'm New !

Post by spongy » Thu May 03, 2012 2:34 am

Anyone knows if the same applies for the Lego @ Denmark/UK ?

FattyMoBookyButt
I'm New !

Post by FattyMoBookyButt » Thu May 03, 2012 6:31 am

kuchiki wrote:Is May free shipping month? And sorry, what's UCS?
Free shipping was scheduled for the "May the Fourth (be with you)" promo, but is live for orders over $75 right now:
The promotion is suppose to run from May 4-5, but it appears that the free shipping offer at LEGO Shop at Home is now active. Spend $75 or more and your order will automatically qualify. Good time to pick up some LEGO Series 7 Minifigures! Thanks to forum member Muntz for the heads up. Order here: USA | Canada
http://toysnbricks.com/usca-legoshop-fr ... -above-75/

tensor
Knight
Knight

Post by tensor » Thu May 03, 2012 7:41 am

tensor wrote:So yeah, from the email...

Use the force this May 4th and 5th and you'll receive some fantastic LEGO® Star Wars™ gifts plus free shipping when you spend $75 or more at a LEGO Store or via shop.LEGO.com. You can qualify for these offers and also earn an instant VIP Reward when you purchase the brand new R2-D2 ™ Exclusive.

I'm intrigued by the "and also earn an instant VIP Reward" part. This implies that if you are a VIP and buy R2-D2 you get "these offers" (which equate to the TC-14, the poster and free shipping) plus some other "instant VIP Reward" that isn't identified.

Is anyone else reading it that way or is it just me?
After talking with Lego, they really couldn't explain what that meant. They tried to say "well, you can instantly redeem a VIP reward on the order if you have > 100 points" and also "you will earn VIP points on the purchase." Both of those are not really answers, because both are true all the time for any order at any time. It's like saying "and you'll get your delivery in a box!"

Anyway, they aren't aware of any other "instant VIP reward" so it looks like it's just a matter of some mushy wording.