[USA] Lego Universe Rocket $9.99 at Lego stores

Discuss about retailers that carries LEGO products here! Got a LEGO Product Find or Polybag Find from a store? Share it with us. It can be a new or even a really old retired set!
gabriellee11
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

[USA] Lego Universe Rocket $9.99 at Lego stores

Post by gabriellee11 » Fri Nov 26, 2010 9:31 pm

I saw that my local lego store had 55001 Universe Rocket for $9.99

Picture:

http://brickset.com/detail/?Set=55001-1

natelite
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Re: [USA] Lego Universe Rocket $9.99 at Lego stores

Post by natelite » Sat Nov 27, 2010 5:09 am

wow $10 for a poj. no thanks, lego. :lol:

DESERT BUILDER
I'm New !

Post by DESERT BUILDER » Sat Nov 27, 2010 7:57 am

I find that anytime that Lego says something is exclusive just wait and it will not be exclusive. This is a perfect example. Thou here is a real simple question. How hard is it for a kid or a parent to build this out of pieces that are available in almost any lego store and in anyone's collection of bricks.

You don't need to spend $10 to build this.

slayerdread
Peasant
Peasant

Post by slayerdread » Sat Nov 27, 2010 9:02 am

If they had included the Orange Astronaut and took off about $2, I'd grab a couple.

Nannan
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by Nannan » Sat Nov 27, 2010 9:28 am

slayerdread wrote:If they had included the Orange Astronaut and took off about $2, I'd grab a couple.
You won't like hearing that my LEGO store is selling the Nexus pilot figs for $9.99, so that's $20 for the complete shuttle + fig.

slimninj4
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by slimninj4 » Sat Nov 27, 2010 10:00 am

wow no love for this.

natelite
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by natelite » Sat Nov 27, 2010 10:41 am

Nannan wrote:
slayerdread wrote:If they had included the Orange Astronaut and took off about $2, I'd grab a couple.
You won't like hearing that my LEGO store is selling the Nexus pilot figs for $9.99, so that's $20 for the complete shuttle + fig.
wow... that's at least 5-6 times overpriced. both combined should go for no more than $3.99. i much rather buy the stormtrooper baggie set than this poj. this should be given free to lego store visitors or priced no more than $2.99 like any other in-house theme baggie sets.

Mantisking
Top Forum Contributor
Top Forum Contributor

Post by Mantisking » Sat Nov 27, 2010 11:13 am

slimninj4 wrote:wow no love for this.
At $0.18 per part you're surprised at that?

Everybody
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by Everybody » Sat Nov 27, 2010 2:46 pm

Lego is becoming a cash cow and we are forced to pay their ludicrous prices due to the fact that mega bloks @#$%&* !*)#@.

BobaFett2
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by BobaFett2 » Sun Nov 28, 2010 6:39 am

I saw it a week ago at my local LEGO store. It's a total ripoff-you could get the part for a lot cheaper.
MOCpages Account
FlickR Photostream
I post a lot of reviews in the reviews forum! Check them out!

legitimatealex
Count
Count

Post by legitimatealex » Sun Nov 28, 2010 9:50 am

I wonder if they realize that they're getting a little ridiculous on the prices? You would think that as their popularity continues to rise they would lower their prices as a 'thank you' for the increased popularity rather than squeeze what they can out of people.

I'd recommend just building the rocket out of your own pieces if you just HAVE TO have it. If not, this thing is never going to sell out and they're going to be stuck with a million of them so expect this to go the way of all the seasonal LEGO sets. (On sale for about half off on LEGO.com)
http://www.eightclickbrick.com/ Find me here on the internet.

Playing with LEGO when I can. Where does the time go?

vynsane
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator

Post by vynsane » Sun Nov 28, 2010 8:54 pm

I bet the fact that these are on sale at all is due to an over-abundance of pilots and rockets and not enough sales of LEGO Universe. The price is probably in order to not anger all the people who ordered LU partly because of the freebie incentives. As it stands, they really quickly became not-so-exclusive, so if they were sold for a reasonable price it would REALLY be a low blow for those who pre-ordered.
ALL HAIL THE BLACTRON EMPIRE!

Flickr Photostream | Dropbox - LDD files and instruction archive

BobaFett2
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by BobaFett2 » Mon Nov 29, 2010 3:54 pm

vynsane wrote:I bet the fact that these are on sale at all is due to an over-abundance of pilots and rockets and not enough sales of LEGO Universe. The price is probably in order to not anger all the people who ordered LU partly because of the freebie incentives. As it stands, they really quickly became not-so-exclusive, so if they were sold for a reasonable price it would REALLY be a low blow for those who pre-ordered.
Makes sense, but they are going to make others extremely unhappy and are already doing so. Being told that they spent 10 dollars on such a small amount of parts for a gift? When instead they could have gotten many more parts and Minifigures?
MOCpages Account
FlickR Photostream

vynsane
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator

Post by vynsane » Mon Nov 29, 2010 5:12 pm

BobaFett2 wrote:Being told that they spent 10 dollars on such a small amount of parts for a gift?
I'm not sure I follow - who is being told they spent $10 after the fact? The items should be clearly marked, or they will be told what the price is at the counter, and can then make the decision whether or not it's worth the money.
When instead they could have gotten many more parts and Minifigures?
There's the rub - if someone bought either the Nexus Spaceman or his rocket for $10, they felt it was worth it for them. Personally, I might be inclined to grab one of the spacemen for $10 if I see it, since up until now it's been relatively hard to get (having been only a promo along-side pre-ordering the game) and I really dig it. If I see more at clearance later, I'll probably grab more of them, since I not only want the figure but like the color/design.

The rocket, however, I won't be buying until I see it for at least a 70% discount.

BobaFett2
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by BobaFett2 » Mon Nov 29, 2010 5:20 pm

vynsane wrote:
BobaFett2 wrote:Being told that they spent 10 dollars on such a small amount of parts for a gift?
I'm not sure I follow - who is being told they spent $10 after the fact? The items should be clearly marked, or they will be told what the price is at the counter, and can then make the decision whether or not it's worth the money.
When instead they could have gotten many more parts and Minifigures?
There's the rub - if someone bought either the Nexus Spaceman or his rocket for $10, they felt it was worth it for them. Personally, I might be inclined to grab one of the spacemen for $10 if I see it, since up until now it's been relatively hard to get (having been only a promo along-side pre-ordering the game) and I really dig it. If I see more at clearance later, I'll probably grab more of them, since I not only want the figure but like the color/design.

The rocket, however, I won't be buying until I see it for at least a 70% discount.
That's not what I was saying. I was saying that someone who understands LEGO gets a gift from a relative who doesn't understand LEGO. They know that the set is a ripoff and that the relative has a budget for presents. Thus, they are annoyed.
MOCpages Account
FlickR Photostream

vynsane
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator

Post by vynsane » Mon Nov 29, 2010 5:42 pm

BobaFett2 wrote:I was saying that someone who understands LEGO gets a gift from a relative who doesn't understand LEGO. They know that the set is a ripoff and that the relative has a budget for presents. Thus, they are annoyed.
Ah, gotcha, wasn't clear on who was purchasing it in that scenario - though it's rather hypothetical. That said, if this found its way into my stocking, I wouldn't get annoyed at LEGO for what they're charging, I'd be happy I got it.