Best of LEGO BRICKMASTER 2010

Discuss about retailers that carries LEGO products here! Got a LEGO Product Find or Polybag Find from a store? Share it with us. It can be a new or even a really old retired set!
ncbarrett
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Best of LEGO BRICKMASTER 2010

Post by ncbarrett » Wed Sep 01, 2010 10:08 am

lego.com has this available preorder for $39.99
Description reads:

Last chance! The best of LEGO® BRICKMASTER® 2010!
LEGO® BRICKMASTER® will be changing to a brand new offer in 2011. Here's your last chance to order the 2010 LEGO BRICKMASTER exclusive sets and magazine content in one awesome shipment! The Best of LEGO BRICKMASTER 2010 includes:
6 LEGO® BRICKMASTER® sets: #20013 LEGO Atlantis Neptune Micro-Sub, #20014 LEGO Star Wars™ Imperial Shuttle, #20015 LEGO Creator 4x4 Vehicle, #20016 LEGO Brand Prince of Persia™ Dagger Trap, #20017 LEGO Creator Crocodile and #20018 LEGO Star Wars AT-AT Walker™.

A Best of LEGO® BRICKMASTER® Magazine 2010 book including 200+ pages of building ideas, comics, behind-the-scenes interviews, and more exclusive content!
Two shop.LEGO.com coupons
A coupon good for one FREE admission to LEGOLAND California or LEGOLAND Discovery Center Chicago with paid adult admission.
I have inoperable cancer and am unable to work. Any gifts would be appreciated. Thank you!

possum
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Re: Best of LEGO BRICKMASTER 2010

Post by possum » Wed Sep 01, 2010 10:29 am

There's your link: http://shop.lego.com/product/?p=4633709 ... &ShipTo=US

So what if we just signed up within the last two months? I think a call to S@H is due so I can get these other sets for the same blankity-blank price which I've already paid. :evil: That's kind of frustrating...
Disclosure of location should be required when listing your finds!

ncbarrett
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by ncbarrett » Wed Sep 01, 2010 10:30 am

possum wrote:There's your link: http://shop.lego.com/product/?p=4633709 ... &ShipTo=US

So what if we just signed up within the last two months? I think a call to S@H is due so I can get these other sets for the same blankity-blank price which I've already paid. :evil: That's kind of frustrating...
sorry for not putting in link.
i swear i did. :lol:
I have inoperable cancer and am unable to work. Any gifts would be appreciated. Thank you!

sweener
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by sweener » Wed Sep 01, 2010 12:28 pm

I wonder what is going to change for 2011? I was just going to renew my nephew's BrickMaster which he would then receive the Sept-Oct 2010, Nov.-Dec 2010, Jan-Feb 2011, March-April 2011, and May-June 2011 sets. Should I hold off?

ncbarrett
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by ncbarrett » Wed Sep 01, 2010 12:31 pm

sweener wrote:I wonder what is going to change for 2011? I was just going to renew my nephew's BrickMaster which he would then receive the Sept-Oct 2010, Nov.-Dec 2010, Jan-Feb 2011, March-April 2011, and May-June 2011 sets. Should I hold off?
Kind of seems like you should.
At least until they announce what will be different.

calvinwashere2
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by calvinwashere2 » Thu Sep 02, 2010 7:38 pm

sweener wrote:I wonder what is going to change for 2011? I was just going to renew my nephew's BrickMaster which he would then receive the Sept-Oct 2010, Nov.-Dec 2010, Jan-Feb 2011, March-April 2011, and May-June 2011 sets. Should I hold off?

Nah, I don't think you should...Lego will either 1) refund you the difference should they be unable to fulfill their obligation to you OR 2) get you in on the 2011 deal at a pro-rated price since you've got some "credit" going into 2011. They wouldn't just short-change you, if anything you might benefit from going in out of cycle. They don't want unhappy customers who will spread the word. Well, I would be the one surprised (and disappointed) if that were the case, but judging by how they handle things they will always try to error on what's right for the customer....at least that's been my experience.

gabriellee11
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by gabriellee11 » Thu Sep 09, 2010 8:10 am

I just got an email regarding my Lego Brickmaster. I subscribed in July.

Dear LEGO® BrickMaster® Subscriber:

Thank you once again for signing up a LEGO BrickMaster member. We hope your family is enjoying their LEGO BrickMaster subscription. Our records indicate the membership began with the July or August 2010 issue, and the last issue in the one year subscription will be the May - June 2011 issue. The remaining September 2010, November 2010, January 2011, March 2011 and May 2011 BrickMaster mailings will be coming to you as planned. However, to ensure that you are informed well in-advance, we must tell you that the LEGO BrickMaster subscription program will no longer be available for renewal or new member purchase. Instead, we will be getting ready to offer a brand new and exciting experience in 2011. Current and past LEGO BrickMaster members will receive a special letter when the new offer becomes available so you can be among the first to sign up.

We also wanted to share two other service messages to you, in order to avoid any confusion:

-Starting in September 2010, all active LEGO BrickMaster subscribers will receive Free LEGO Club Magazine in addition to the LEGO BrickMaster Magazine and LEGO BrickMaster set. The Free LEGO Club Magazine may arrive before the LEGO BrickMaster mailing, especially if you have recently joined BrickMaster in July or August 2010. We will continue to send the Free LEGO Club Magazine to your family so you can enjoy the comics, building ideas and activities. If you wish to stop receiving the LEGO Club Magazine, please contact us.

-In September 2010, LEGO BrickMaster subscribers may have received a Free LEGO Club Jr. Magazine. If your child is over age 7, then this was sent to you in error. We will be sending a Free LEGO Club Magazine for LEGO fans ages 7+ to you for arrival by September 30. Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience or confusion.

Sincerely,
The LEGO Group

ImmortalShark
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by ImmortalShark » Thu Sep 09, 2010 11:53 am

I got a similar email response. Although I did ask if they we're planning to offer new subscribers a discount to the Best of 2010 Brickmaster. Sadly the answer was no.

It's rare that a program gets better when changes are made. The fact that Lego have stopped accepting subscriptions, are making their sets cheaper (more stickers, etc), and have raised prices seems to indicate that the coming changes will not be improvements. Frankly, I'd be surprised if the Master Builder Club is as good as Brickmaster. Call me a cynic but I think it's another cost cutting measure from Lego. I do hope I'm wrong though.
Dear AFOL,

Thanks for getting in touch with us.

It's great that you've got your boys set up with the LEGO® BrickMaster™! Although we're no longer accepting new orders for the BrickMaster subscription, you shouldn't worry about what you're going to receive. You will get everything you have purchased. The six magazines and six toys will be sent to you during the odd months of the year.

Once the final BrickMaster items are sent out, we will be offering a new premium membership. We don't have full details available yet, but we expect that we will be calling this new membership the Master Builder Club. Of course, if you're not satisfied with any item you purchase from you, we do offer the option to return items.

While we do offer savings and discounts on items from time to time, we do not have plans to offer any additional discounts on the Best of 2010 BrickMaster.