LEGO Ironman & Captain America (NY Toy Fair 2012) Review

Discuss various LEGO themes like Friends, City, Star Wars, Batman and more here.

How would you rate this set?

Excellent
100%
Average
No votes
Poor
No votes

Total votes: 5

Ice
Administrator
Administrator

LEGO Ironman & Captain America (NY Toy Fair 2012) Review

Post by Ice » Fri Jun 08, 2012 5:12 pm

Indexed

Name: Ironman and Captain America New York Toy Fair 2012 Exclusive
Pieces: 7
Theme: Superheroes
MSRP: N/A (not for sale to public)

If you are one of the lucky folks who managed to go to the 2012 New York Toy Fair, you probably got a pair of these minifigures from their giveaway. These minifigures are even more rarer compared to the San Diego/New York Batman and Green Lantern Minifigures as only 125 have been produced.

They are so rare that the minifigures are not even listed on Bricklink. Sometimes, there would be 1 rare listing on eBay and that would usually end up with bids well over $500 (even for used).

What is so special about these minifigures? Are they really that special? Let's find out in this review. :)

Up close front shot at the two LEGO Superheroes Minifigures from New York Toy Fair 2012. It appears that these minifigures are indeed different from the regular minifigures you get in the Avengers sets! From what I've been told, these minifigures represents the comic versions of the Marvel characters.

Up close back shot.

The New York Toy Fair 2012 LEGO Ironman Minifigure. The most obvious differentiation from the regular versions is the head! Here, you get a regular minifigure head with helmet painting. In the regular versions, you get a flesh head which is covered by a helmet (similar to a Clone Trooper). Its definately nice to have this special version one as it represents a "classic LEGO minifigure".

The New York Toy Fair 2012 LEGO Captain America Minifigure. I have to say, this is the cream of the crop out of the 2 minifigures. He has a very detailed torso and his head looks awesome too! Very cool minifigure to have. :-D

Final Verdicts

Both of these minifigures are seriously cool looking. The minifigures are almost nearly impossible to find even from Bricklink or eBay. As I mentioned before, they do fetch for huge sums of money if they are listed (I'm sure $500+ is a bit crazy for a typical LEGO fan). Fortunately, we do have a LEGO sponsored contest where you can win these minifigures for free! The contest runs for the entire month of June 2012. Also special thanks to LEGO for providing me an extra pair of these minifigures to do the review.

unclephn
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Re: LEGO Ironman & Captain America (NY Toy Fair 2012) Review

Post by unclephn » Sat Jun 09, 2012 1:24 pm

I didn't realize how much detail there was in the printing, especially on the backs of the torsos. Very, very nice. And just as an aside, I believe the Captain America fig is the Bucky Barnes version of Cap, so not only is he different than the Avengers Captain America minifig that's available in stores, he's essentially an entirely different character! Just thought I'd point that out, since it may or may not factor into its collectability in the future.

Thanks for the review, Ice!

vynsane
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator

Post by vynsane » Fri Jun 15, 2012 6:39 am

unclephn wrote:since it may or may not factor into its collectability in the future.
It won't, with how rare these are.
ALL HAIL THE BLACTRON EMPIRE!

Flickr Photostream | Dropbox - LDD files and instruction archive

Tori Fauz
I'm New !

Post by Tori Fauz » Thu Jun 28, 2012 5:33 am

These look awesome! Nice review ICE !! U shud make a movie with these minifigs. I made a lego movie and has the Joker being flushed down the toilet (in tha competition forum). These r probably too expensive to do that to! Lol. :-D

acelegodirector
I'm New !

Post by acelegodirector » Sun Jul 15, 2012 7:10 am

If only 125 were made then I believe these are the rarest minifigures in existence! Apart from the bronze/gold boba fetts, a gold C3PO and that special set launched into space, this NY Toy Fair set is real plastic Lego which makes it the RAREST on the planet!!