[Review] 4641 Speed Boat

Discuss various LEGO themes like Friends, City, Star Wars, Batman and more here.

How would you rate this set?

Excellent
No votes
Average
100%
Poor
No votes

Total votes: 3

zdog89
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

[Review] 4641 Speed Boat

Post by zdog89 » Wed Aug 03, 2011 10:52 pm

Indexed

Details:
Released: 2011
Theme: City - Sub Theme- Harbor
Retail price: $4.99 (US)
Price per Piece: $0.15
Description: The speed boat features an under slope with three rounds attached to the bottom.[1] A large bright red slope is attached to the under slope and has two grills at the front.[2] The back has enough room to sit one minifigure.[3] The rear has a small motor that can move up and down. The boat does not float in water,It is like the jet ski.

Here for a quick review is the new Lego City Speed Boat. I picked this set up along with the jet ski at TRU BOGO 1/2 off sale about a week ago. I figured that they'd both work together well for a small beach to go along with a town. I'm thinking of alternating the surfers from the CMF line as I fell they look better. Now for the review!

The box is simple and small what you would expect for a $5 set. (I forgot a picture of it)

This is what was included in the box, there were two bags of bricks, 3 separate larger pieces, and the instruction booklet.

Pieces:

This set includes one minifigure. No new design which was a bit disappointing, but expected.

The build is simple and takes about a minute or two.

The finished result! With one extra white piece.

Now for some comparison shots to set 30015 Jet Ski.

Now finally some shots to see how it looks when added to a small beach scene. :P

Final Thoughts:
I bought this set mainly because it was part of the BOGO sale at TRU, I'm glad I did. Although small this is a very interesting little set and a great addition to any town. I also have the Coast Guard HQ around somewhere and might have to go rebuild that and make myself a beach scene. Also on another note be sure to pick up the Jet Ski as it is a TRU exclusive and you do get 2 figures for $3.99, not bad! Hope you liked my review it was my first. :D
-Chris

lukeskywalker
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Re: [Review] 4641 Speed Boat

Post by lukeskywalker » Wed Aug 10, 2011 8:33 am

Good Review. I like the comparison at the end.